The Hunt is now live!

oh I just logged into the forum and this was the first thread on the notify.

my bad I had just read " You have time until 11:00 UTC on 21 April to hunt down and destroy NPC capsules to gain access to special event sites and rewards."

Oh well but thanks for saving me heaps of time.

1 Like

What Ships/Fits could some of the Pros of this thread recommend?

I found a YT video that suggests using a 120mil dessie fit, but that seems a bit excessive to me. Especially since I donā€™t see quick return on investment from this.

Thanks!

First site i did in null, took 2 minutes to find one, around 10 minutes to complete in a worm, 20 mil in loot including a c3-a hivaa saitsuo ballistic control system. pretty nice!!

4 Likes

Awesome! I was thinking of using my Worm. May I ask to see your fit?

My fit

3 Likes

Its -0.3 with Guristas

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking the optimal strategy right now is to use an Interceptor, like a Raptor, that can quickly fly around the moons and kill pods quickly. Something like:

[Raptor, Raptor]
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Caldari Navy Medium Shield Extender

Light Ion Blaster II
Light Ion Blaster II
Light Ion Blaster II

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Core Defense Field Extender II

Void S x360

Then, you take all of the keys you find, and toss them into dedicated combat ship. I personally use a Magus, but Iā€™ve seen people using Worms. Then you go out with 4-5 keys and all youā€™re looking for are those combat anomalies.

Iā€™m using a Magus because itā€™s one of the heavier Destroyer ships that I can use that will a) clear the site relatively easily, and b) strong enough of a brawler so I can muscle in on someone else trying to run a site or attempt to steal mine.

Edit:
I just snagged a kill on some guy who was brawling with the boss of the Huntmaster site. You can see the Guristaā€™s Automated VHMF-32 doing most of the damage. But I was able to swoop in, snag a kill on both, and then get out with the loot. There was a nice C3-X in there too.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Greatly appreciate you :slight_smile:

I use a tanky stork and had no issues whatsoever.

1 Like

Finally found the key and the site and completed one. Did it in a 15m dragoon too - although the boss fight was a little dicey and he almost broke my tank. Got a skin though!

Expanding on the comments above, thereā€™s TONS of ewar. Neuts, webs, scamblers, jammers, everything.

If youā€™re bringing drones, bring faction drones - they hammered on my poor hobgoblins.

Edit: so ran with faction Hornets for the shield tank and had a much, much better time. Also started to overheat the rep on the boss and that really helps. Hereā€™s the fit for anyone interested: https://pastebin.com/WgxvgJ3R Pretty cheap way to do these.

2 Likes

Yeah, they really hate drones. Fortunately the damage is low enough that they can be micromanaged, but fire-and-forget is not an option from what Iā€™ve seen.

Meh, another time sink with mediocre rewards.

Hard pass.

1 Like

This is egg huntā€¦you knowā€¦as in Easterā€¦hide and seek. Whatā€™s the fun if you have no mystery?

1 Like

Blackbird gurista skin. Thats niceee i wonder if there are more gurista skins for ravens etc

Do the Guristas Hunt Outpost appear everywhere or only in usual Guristas Space (i.e. Caldari)?

edit: everywhere

This is the Hawk fit i got from a corp mate, and itā€™s pretty awesomeā€¦ It does it very quickly and tanks like a mofoā€¦ I got ~200mil loot in an hour or soā€¦ All in null-secā€¦

[Hawk, Hawk event]
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Pithi A-Type Small Shield Booster
1MN Afterburner II
Republic Fleet Small Cap Battery
Republic Fleet Small Cap Battery

Light Missile Launcher II

Small Processor Overclocking Unit II
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Scourge Fury Light Missile x368

2 Likes

CCP if you care about new commers that would wanna play this game do something about this event, cause it su**s, tried to find something like a key for 3 hours and nothing, and damage dealt by NPC is way too big , no way a fresh meat new player can do this. Find pod with what combat probes ??? using D Scan??? how to use it ??? anyone from CCP made a tutorial how to play this insane event, cause i canā€™t find it !!! Just say it that it is for old players than know how to do it and get over it!!! PS: Also if you want us all to move to low sec and play just say it, before wasting more time into this gameā€¦

6 Likes

Iā€™m also using a Hawk, but in High Sec. Almost same build, but with Arbalests, T2 ab, shield and invul and Pb-Acid Cap Batterys. I use an EE-602 implant for the CPU so I can put another rig instead the Small Processor Overclocking Unit II.

Spent about half or an hour to look for a capsule, got a firework, an asset, and a booster. Nothing valuable, not worth the time.
Plus the incoming damage is not new player friendly, with quite a lot EM damage from Guristasā€¦
Cleared a site with worm, a type-c shield booster and an INV II can tank well, but better to orbit with AB to reduce EM missile damage. Not drone friendly.

2 Likes

I got a ton of gurista skins already and theres none on market in jita so idk price