The imbalance of constructive and destructive efforts in Eve Online

Why are people complaining about alts when they are free now?

1 Like

You must be new to these forums :rofl:

Get out of here with your sensible talk, we don’t need that kind of thing around here :yum:

1 Like

watches EVE trailers

is disgusted by them

decides to download and play

cries on forums about mean game

:avocado:

4 Likes

What? Uhh…no?

Although I don’t play PVP, I do agree with the need to lose ships more often. After you have a few billion ISK, there’s not much else. If CCP setup 1V1 PVP combat arenas - with ship restrictions, I would enjoy PVP, but as is, PVP for me at least is not enjoyable or balanced.

Ganking isn’t a problem and there is already WAY more construction happening than destruction, this is shown in the metrics.

No worries then :blush:

2 Likes

There is certain, almost religious, idealistic belief wide-spread among followers of certain cults, that any produced item has a fixed absolute value. And if this value changes significantly (like may happen due to classic market supply-demand interconnection), that’s only because of evil imperialistic shenanigans, and stuff :smiley:

Thus, the fluctuating exchange value of commodities (exchangeable products) is regulated by their value, where the magnitude of their value is determined by the average quantity of human labour which is currently socially necessary to produce them (see labor theory of value and value-form).

The fact some goods you produced are not needed by anybody, even if you’ll start handing it off for free, doesn’t matter. Btw, they also call it a “scientific teaching”

Nothing is less Marxist than saying any number of candlesticks are objectively worth any number of breads.

This can be proven by taking a bag of candlesticks to Siberia.

1 Like

You’re wrong.

Well of course it seems backwards when you completely fail to understand what consumer price index is. CPI doesn’t track the price of goods, but the relative value of those goods to the buying power of the average person.

for example, lets say in 2010 a rifter costs 1 million. in 2011 the total isk in the economy is doubled, so the price of a rifter should be 2 million. if instead its only increased to 1.75 due to over-production and not enough destruction. then the CPI has in fact gone down, meanwhile isk supply has increased, and prices have increased.

yes, the price of plex has increased faster than the isk supply. yes it is harder to earn a plex these days than it was during the “golden days”. but that is a single item in the market, which means it is an outlier data point, and while important to the economy yes, is not an accurate indicator for the market as a whole.

Clearly it’s not “writing on the forums”. No. You don’t do that. Never done it. Never will.

1 Like

I understand what you are saying OP.

But some things are getting tougher to just simply do, even for fun as far as the constructive side goes.
There is not enough destruction going on,
and all the big rage is rorqs and structures…

Eden in my opinion is under attack, a perverse mentality has entered it and coupled with the serious botting issus over the past couple of years its not getting any better.

Im not sure what nullsec is waiting for to have major conflicts again…
Im not sure why it isnt a thing in Highsec…

Most things pvp related have been small scale in nature, almost like the playerbase is waiting for something.

If you feel that way, maybe you could do us a favor and state that point using fewer words.

Even if they don’t have more money to pay the higher price?

Even if people don’t have more money to pay a higher price?

Even if no one has more money to pay a higher price?

What have I misunderstood?

I basically agree with you and L0ckAndL0ad. EVE is messed up and there is no point building.

Sure, the monthly economic result… The thing is, if you are small, if you want to play your game you cannot “win”. Sooner or later someone big and strong comes and destroy all your stuff - if you own some and you will not have much options to deal with it - mercs will cost as much as replacing the lost structure and you can’t even trust they really help you. Self-defense will not work unless tha attacker is small corp and first timer.

I’ve been there. I had dreams of building my trading citadel, then when I joined smaller corp that was trying to build a community it went to horrible craps, wardecs - unable to play without pvp fleet ready to defend which was only in prime time, if you wanted play before it then only with npc corp alt as the enemies were afk cloaked in your system. Or were they afk? :slight_smile:

In the end, it didn’t end because of enemies but from within. Turned out one of the player played his own game “gain trust, steal everything” and succeded in it.

I don’t know if there is any other game where making alts is not only recommended but even promoted. All the games I know are punishing player for helping himself with other chars. In eve you just must do it if you want compete/survive. The scout alts, cyno alts. afk-cloaking alts, industry/pi alts, npc corp hauling/trading alts, suicide-gaking alts and more. Disguisting at first. Later I joined the train myself. No point playing “clean” as the only one who consider all this stuff to be “dirty” is yourself…

The alt game is probably result of the very unique skill training system eve uses. Something which I embraced at first but turned out it is much worse than the classic system “you will improve in what you doing frequently” or “level up by playing and then decide what you will train up” systems from other games.

EVE is horrible game. I hate it. And I guess I love it when I still play it, crap. I hate myself for playing it but it can get addicting when you are “winning”.

But one thing is certain. If you want to produce, if you want to build and own something else than bunch of stuff in station then you have to join some bigger entity. If you don’t do that it is just a matter of time before someone will destroy all you built. Or the solution I choosed - own nothing, go destroying other ppls ships and assets. It is actually the most fun part of the game…

1 Like

The Consumer PRICE Index literally tracks the prices of goods, but I think you are thinking about it somewhat correctly with what you’ve said. Although it literally tracks the prices of items that people commonly purchase, it is actually an attempt to ascertain the value of those goods with respect to the value of the money used to purchase them. Hence, it is commonly referred to in the context of inflation/deflation.

If you look at the decomposition of the CPI in the latest MER you’ll notice that most of the data points are red. The blue data points are essentially outliers. I.E., there is a general trend and there are special cases. Unless I’m reading the graph wrong, prices are falling. Man, I hope I’m not readling that graph wrong. lol

Some (rhetorical) question: Why are prices always falling? What are the causes of the price increases at the blue data points? Is this a comprehensive basket of goods? What factors might affect this graph and what are those factors doing over time with respect to this graph? How do the changes in those factors seem to affect this graph?

Let’s have a reset across the board. Every player wiped to 500k SP and placed in a random NPC station with an armed frigate, a venture and a Fedo.

No alliances, just corps. No sovereignty, just know your own space.

No NPC blueprints on market, just random drops.

game on.

I would GLADLY take all 16 of my accounts to a fresh server.

1 Like

Time ago there were no standing system. Do you think that stops people to make coalition and allinace? No ofc they still “not shoot” if person in special list.

That was point before - it is mankind nature. We want to co-op and safe play. And each year this “co-op” is only grow. In the end it will be 1 single coalition.

CCP work here is to not allow this. They must promote war. They must make coalition not profitable and totaly unsaftiy.
They can do this with hard restriction.

1 Like

Speak for yourself

Seems highly unlikely but ok…

I agree. CCP should not give you what you want.

3 Likes

Made me chuckle. :grin:

2 Likes

Stone age: many tribes
Bronze age: small towns
Middle: Cities and countries
Modern: you know

Does this analogy clear?

In Eve:
At start we have many alone_stands corps
Then they start forge alliances
After that - coalitions.

Do you remember the times when wars were started just for fun or because some people was angry on another?
For now this probably will never happen again. Just because “better live in peace and safty and make money”.

If you not playing with other people this doesnt mean that human society doesnt stream to this.

1 Like