The imbalance of constructive and destructive efforts in Eve Online

I actually want to destroy your stuff and take what’s left, because you’re defenseless and weak. I see no point in having weak people around, they only drag the rest of us down. With people like you, humanity would never have gotten as far as it did.

You probably think evolution is a lie, right?

1 Like

You monster!

The thing is, i play this game for far to long already…
Just for the simple reason its harsh and mistakes hurt .
( hurt, as… when its explodes… its gone … )

That is for me the charme of the game, plus the crew of oldtimers i still play with.
Hard to say bye to frinds you play with for years…
Even when the mechanics / bad luck / mistakes ■■■■ on you sometimes ( hard )

Unbalance ? Not so much…
I do see, in some ( not all ) of the new breed players a lack of backbone and a
snowflake attitude that its easy to get to the top of the food chain.

Like the real-life new breed of people …

Then dont you find it odd that people are currently wanting more independence from larger groups and not less?

And there definately seems to be far more people in noobcorps than there used to be.

1 Like

I believe you were saying much the same thing over citadels. How a corp cannot just take them down when a war begins. Unlike POS which can be removed in under an hour. What happened to that? I mean there is a citadel intel tool built into the game. So it’s not like they are difficult to locate. Some use tech2 rigs which can field tested by a bit of refining or blueprint work. It is supposed to be getting easier to kill them.

I agree there is too much create and not enough. And yet another thread with “this game is not for you” comments. Remove industry and aspects PvE from the NPE. Make it a pure straight military themed drill of exercises. After basic training, straight into Faction Warfare. Managed by CCP employees and contracted volunteers. Setting the proper expectation at Day One of a PvP orientated game is going to reduce players that expect to left alone to level their barge or raven.

1 Like

And you do this in alliance, right? And sometimes you need a space to safly make money. And even if no - you are the small part of people that form coalitions :slight_smile:
In our history always was some outcasts.

1 Like

But they wont. Otherwise we have no blue wagons and coalitions now.

But this doesnt mean that there will be a singularity.

People will still see a million reasons to hate each other.

This reminds me of older GTA. Where there’s no surviving witness, there’s no crime. :grin:

No, i don’t need a safe space to crab.

• i have a fat bank account to buy PLEX for ISK.
  • i can steal it from others.
  • i can destroy others and take theirs. (that’s not theft! :grin:)
  • ransoms
  • etc.

Man, you’re living in a dystopian world, even more so than it already has become.

You’re basically asking for a Big Brother to watch out for you, because you have no means of doing it yourself.

Natural selection would have wiped you out.

1 Like

Oh, in a time - it will be. Like our real world (globalization).

Lol, no. I just say that all problem with blue wagon and big coalitions is in a human nature, not in gameplay.
And CCP can deal with it with some restriction: give us some reason TO NOT form big coalition (for example it wont give you any ISK-profit).
Or make “an attack on others space” much more nessesary (unique res or other things).
It is not pure sandbox, but then do not complain that big coalition “rule the world”.
They RULE because this is human. If there is way to do profit without risk - they will do.
This how rent works. This is how 00 landlords works :slight_smile:

Nature selection give us MIND and intelligence.
We did not become some lions and tigers with small pride. We build big nation and countries to protect ourselvs.
And our “union” still goes on. UN, EU, BRICS and etc.
1-50-100-200-300 years and we will have one big goverement. It is just a trend

1 Like

Well no because

1. The real world is not like that at all (sadly)

2. Lots of people in EvE like fighting for any reason at all

3. and because GEWNS or whatever

No. We did for economic reasons. People of the past were always quite capable of defending themselves. Cities actually make people easier targets, because a lot of them live in a small space.

In 10, maybe 15 years, considering current world affairs. It’s not a trend, it’s geopolitics made by assholes.

Your rulers. The ones who, over decades, created a system that creates weak and defenseless people.

We will most likely be flesh-bag slaves to our AI Overlords…

What “people”? I have a hunch people from those powerblocks don’t want to change their nice, safe surrounding. You are talking about some vocal minority again, those few members of smaller alliances who are being overshadowed by those huge blocks and care enough about it to come to forum and whine. Remember, only tiny percentage of active Eve players is present here.

2 Likes

Yeah, as a general rule of thumb, if you find yourself having to assert that you don’t cry on forums, you’ve very recently cried on a forum.

Hope this helps. :avocado:

It is exactly how it works. This why we dont have small tribes in most of the world because the more you small the harder to survive (yeah, my english is bad i know). Look on the whole picture.

Small pvp - yes. Smth big - no. I guess it is pretty obvious why.

It just not true. 1 man cant kill mamont or even lion. But 30 - can.
1 tribe cant survive if other bigger tribe attack them. So they find ally or join other tribe.
1 city cant do anything vs army of bigger city. And etc.

For now - econimic is the same that armies in the past.
This why we keep to form bigget and bigger “coalitions”.

Because they WANT to? Because they WONT PvP? Why your way of playing the game is the only one?
Do you know that HS crabs a most “value” and bigger part of eve? It is like 60-70% due CCP stat. Why? Because they want secure play.
This my we have coalitions. Due economic reason. And war is VERY bad for economic.

As you can see I (miner-crab) want some BIG wars in Eve. But this is unreal till we have our “pure” sandbox. Because of human nature.

Remember war vs goons last year? What is result. Can ypu tell? Does smth change?

1 Like

Because everyone has a Hisec alt or two.