The lack of coffee based gameplay hurts my immersion

http://www.rogersfamilyco.com/index.php/know-top-ten-traded-commodities/

DID YOU KNOW … that coffee is the second-most traded commodity in the whole world, second only to crude oil. Cultivated in over 70 countries by thousands of independent farmers, coffee is one of the oldest commodities in the world.

And it doesn’t end here. Without coffee, we’d not be living like we do now. it is coffee that enables people to work. it is coffee that keeps economies going. it is coffee that powers whole nations!

If governments abolished coffee, there would be riots! Without it, most people would ceize to function! people would stop working. Voyager would have never made it through the delta quadrant. economies would collapse within days! people would kill eachother, running around screaming, looting supermarkets!

Without coffee, history would be completely different!

Jerry Seinfeld sums it up well:

“We want to do a lot of stuff; we’re not in great shape. We didn’t get a good night’s sleep. We’re a little depressed. Coffee solves all these problems in one delightful little cup.”

So I, as someone who suffers from withdrawal, hereby demand more gameplay around coffee!

Supply of Coffee in stations should automatically lower each day, to reflect the fact that it’s drank by a vast majority of people. (over 80% of USAmericans drink it daily!). there should be npc orders reflecting this. if the supply of coffee in stations goes low, then npc buy/sell orders need to go up accordingly.

there should be new blueprints allowing the creation of different types of served coffee, including, but not limited to:

From coffee.wikia.com:

The following is a list of beverages made from coffee. Please note that this list includes actual types of coffee drinks, not brand names or variations on a general type:

• Affogato
  • Americano
  • Bicerin
  • Breve
  • Café Bombón
  • Café au lait
  • Caffé Corretto
  • Café Crema
  • Caffé Latte
  • Caffé macchiato
  • Café mélange
  • Coffee milk
  • Cafe mocha
  • Ca phe sua da
  • Kopi susu- similar to Ca phe sua da from Indonesian region.
  • Cappuccino
  • Carajillo
  • Cortado
  • Cuban espresso
  • Espresso
  • Eiskaffee
  • The Flat White
  • Frappuccino
  • Galao
  • Greek frappé coffee
  • Iced Coffee
  • Indian filter coffee
  • Instant coffee
  • Liqueur coffee
  • Irish Coffee (Whiskey)
  • Brandy Coffee (Brandy)
  • Cafe Mendoza (Tia Maria or Kahlúa and Tequila)
  • Keoke Coffee (Brandy and Kahlúa)
  • English Coffee (Gin)
  • Calypso Coffee (Tia Maria or Kahlúa and Rum)
  • Jamaican Coffee (Tia Maria & Rum)
  • Shin Shin Coffee (Rum)
  • Baileys Irish Cream Coffee
  • Monk’s Coffee (Bénédictine)
  • Seville Coffee (Cointreau)
  • Witch’s Coffee (Strega)
  • Russian Coffee (Vodka)
  • Australian Coffee (VB)
  • Corfu Coffee (Koum Quat liquor)
  • Kaffee Fertig (coffee with Swiss prune schnapps)
  • Caffè corretto (that is an Italian beverage, consists of a shot of espresso “corrected” with a shot of liquor, usually grappa, brandy or sambuca.)
  • Coffee liqueurs (ex. The Evil Monk, Kahlúa, Kamora)
  • Kopi Luwak
  • Kopi Tubruk
  • Turkish coffee
  • Vienna coffee
  • Yuanyang

Not only would these tremendously increase the realism of the game (coffee makes the world go round), it adds a great hilarity factor for marketing. i see tons of gameplay behind this, where people put themselves on missions to provide coffee for everyone! economy would improve, player retention would skyrocket, everyone would be god damn happy, and all because of coffee!

As coffee has a cultural, economical and technological significance throughout mankind’s history, and because my head hurts from withdrawal, i ask you:

Make it so!

3 Likes

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/info/?typeid=11944

i know this.

please don’t insult coffee lovers with this synthetic crap. it’s one bland shitsauce of “coffee”. it’s not even REAL virtual coffee! Hell, you’re a CSM, why would you want people to poison themselves with this? Horrible!

Because it means more real coffee for me?

1 Like

We may not have coffee, but we do have Quafe.

I knew it! It’s a conspiracy! CSM really stands for Coffee Stealing Men!

EXPOSED!

1 Like

The amount of effort you put into a troll post shows you need less coffee not more

just because you say it is, doesn’t mean it is. you’re just envious.

oh @yellow_parasol, yellow yellow. I am just going to link this here in question form: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper_Text_Coffee_Pot_Control_Protocol ?

And yes, HTTP418 is a genuine HTTP error code.

1 Like

“This stimulating aromatic drink, made out of dried, roasted and ground seeds, is a particular favorite among scientists and software engineers.”

the non-chalant 4th wall break, lmao.

plus, how would that coffee go when you compliment it with:
The RAINBOW module

I’ve read about this once! i think some of the responsible people wanted to abandon it, but there was heavy opposition.

But seriously, i’m actually serious. There are lots of tiny details that add greatly to the whole, and coffee consumption would definitely be a part of it!

i flagged your post as spam (not only here), because you spread it among other ideas, without any actual connection.

Closed for trolling.

1 Like