The like and get likes thread II

“Yo! D’ya see da fakkas wiz da blu tarp?!”
“Nae, no fukkers wiz da tarp”
“Mkey, Iza gonna have ma baby 'ere”

Elephant seals 1, blue tarps 0.

4 Likes

I think these seals are laughing on that image. Only needs captions like ROTFL or LOL. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’m always late to the party, but I’ve just watched Rogue One and will say it’s a really good film. Didn’t thought the Star Wars franchise had a place for good stories. I mean… everybody dies and it’s OK, was worth it. :smile:

5 Likes

I didn’t see it, but I read the original Star Wars book translated in French in 1983.
I’m now playing SWG and I’m setting up my 2nd character of 5’s 8 harvesters lots worth of lot points and a 2 lots value house.
I will then use the resources to run factories, automated by macros, a bit like manufactures are run today.

For some reason, now that my fiancée managed to get a phone, I can’t let the same damage caused to me, attributed to me, and intended to indict me to affect them, by association, or the same military systems, when global systems where implemented against that after world war 2, exactly for that, and in contingency of that.

And yes, it does include Challenger and 9-11 x2 (Sept. 11, 2012) after March 2012.

3 Likes

Aaand, beddy time for me! Nighties lovelies!

Also: it’s old, but new. In a way. I mean, what if Marty McFly landed in the actual 2015…?

4 Likes

If people are too crazy to make money, or , if people are too crazy not to interfere against letting certain people make money, either in competition for power, if they see money as power,
or,
if people are too crazy to let certain people make money, whom they try to represent as bad, even though they may not be, again for competition, as if it was accepted by misrepresenting reasons of association,
to make money from them, and discredit them,
might as well make money from their insanity, to help them solve their mental health problems,
and either join medical school in psychology,
or,
study sociology, again to get a government job .

4 Likes

Doesnt look as impressive as in movie, but its a movie, honestly, some fantasy is expected from creators of moving pictures that were created first to entertain the audience.

If that would be some proper future predicting movie, actually I have to see if something like that exists as a genre, I mean, some movies predicted somewhat correctly the future in the past, but documentaries would be better I think. To document future… :thinking:

4 Likes

Well, it’s a fandom short, so production and actors aren’t exactly top notch, but it’s a cute concept. :smiley:

(Mind you… Blade Runner was set in 2019. That looked very far away when the book was written and also far enough when the film was released…)

4 Likes

We did get the movie the year the movie was predicted though, so, they got that right, at least.
Pretty sure they also had the copyright for it too.

3 Likes

"The future is coming!" -Captain Obvious

Timezone lovelies. :heart:

3 Likes

The future isn’t what used to be -me myself.

3 Likes

Speaking of future :sunglasses:
3 Likes

Hmmm… the no-windows part probably could be resolved with cameras and displays. Align the camera with the display and it will provide a realistic feeling unless someone scrutinizes them closely.

Anyway it would be a good idea to just build a underground colony. Build tunnels with the dig & fill technique using remotely operated machinery (and add fake windows). Then just dig deeper until radiation is like Earth levels, keep the upper levels for storage and live in the lower levels. Mars gravity is 1/3rd of Earth so stabilyzing large tunnels would be easier than here on our planet.

3 Likes

Yes, but it can be done by robots.
The main problem will be to improve travel as it will be the greatest obstacle if we are to come back to live on earth…

It’s still easier to go on our moon, even though the gravity difference is worst for us.
The distance of the trip and the comparison in level of difficulty to come back to earth is much better.
It can also serve as a base of observation for potential celestial on trajectory with the earth, and how to solve this “before”.

Eventually, in generations, as we’re now in our 3rd generation since the Apollo project landing on the moon, we will have improved on how to adapt with the changes required to reach Mars or Venus’ distance (2 nearest planets) and put it to our best advantage.
I prefer to stay more realistic as it can be more practical, unless of course there is some catastrophe which would force the issue.

4 Likes

Good morning LAGLers!

3 Likes

He now happy \o/

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Speed is relative (two galaxies merging)

6 Likes

Is that real time, Nana? :astonished:

Timezone lovelies! :heart:

3 Likes

Its real timespace, like they use to say now. For me its just space with happening happening one after another tho.

First sadhu from right is Dhalsim from Street fighter.

photo from 1913

3 Likes

1913? There is a chance that they are all either very old or dead now.

3 Likes