The like and get likes thread II

1 day ago.

9 hours ago.

6 days ago.
7 Likes

Time to go to sleep. I have nothing witty to say, so, nighties lovelies!

Also: it should be built with minifigs, then it would be a meta-minifig!

Edit: have you ever written a post, finished it, changed tabs of the browser and then forgot to post the messagei? Tee-hee, I did last night… :flushed:

8 Likes

Wow, Lagl is still here, I only came back to report a terrible plague that has infected my eve with red dots :face_with_thermometer:

8 Likes

NASA Simulates Proxima b Climate With Interesting Effects

69,130 views • Feb 12, 2020
Anton Petrov
445K subscribers

6 Likes

Google search has become absolutely idiotic. I’ve been trying to find an animated film about the victory agaisnt cancer, depicting cancer as a city under attakc by alien superweapons… and nearly everything Google has thrown at me has been bullsh*t

“cancer victory day” - Russian victory day
“cancer alien invasion” - random rubbish
“cancer defeat day” -testimonials and random crap
“cancer armageddon day” - random crap
“cancer genocide day” -genocide testimonials & other stuff
“video dibujos animados victoria contra cáncer” -Pocoyo and Peppa Pig in Spanish (WTF???)
“defeating cancer cartoon” - jackpot! (eventually, one of the results was what I was looking for)

Like, seriously Google: You used to be cool.

5 Likes

A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The driver says: “Ugh, that’s the ugliest baby I’ve ever seen.”

The woman walks to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to the man next to her: “The driver just insulted me.”

The man says: “You go up there and tell him off. Go on, I’ll hold your monkey for you.”

5 Likes

The Complex Hack That Stopped a Secret Nuclear Power Plant

1,171,456 views • Sep 12, 2017
Thoughty2
2.66M subscribers

Scientists Finally Discovered the Truth About Easter Island

18,899,812 views • Oct 29, 2017
BRIGHT SIDE
33.4M subscribers

6 Likes

Google stopped being cool after they shut down Google Videos. It used to be faster buffering the videos than YouTube with very low ping, but alas!

7 Likes

World’s Longest Home Run (The “Mad Batter” Machine) - Smarter Every Day 230

9,533,312 views • Dec 31, 2019
SmarterEveryDay
7.76M subscribers

6 Likes

Time to go to sleep. Nighties lovelies!

Also: oh wait… I just spoiled it to rant about Google! :grin:

7 Likes

Edit 1 on February 17, 2020 @ 17:54 :

Life On Enceladus | NASA’s Unexplained Files

391,303 views • Dec 13, 2016
Discovery UK
2.77M subscribers

1. The water has the same salinity as on earth…

2. When the sun expand, will it heat up enough to ignite Jupiter as a 2nd sun?
    No.
    I read that it probably would not, as the Sun would possibly engulf Earth , and ,
    upon verification, not Mars .
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-sun-will-eventually-engulf-earth-maybe/
    About 7.6 billion years from now, the sun will reach its maximum size as a red giant: its surface will extend beyond Earth’s orbit today by 20 percent and will shine 3,000 times brighter. In its final stage, the sun will collapse into a white dwarf.Sep 1, 2008

End of Edit 1 on February 17, 2020 @ 17:56.

iEuno1 - 1 hour ago

No, but a lot of fuel, enough to go to another star.

2 replies

iEuno1

iEuno1 - 1 hour ago

Before the next billion year.

iEuno1

iEuno1 - 1 hour ago

Alternately, we can also use it to filter our water on Earth.

6 Likes

This is best what I found today :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Goodnight everyone :sleepy:

6 Likes

I’m about to have challenges in the next two weeks.
Good night, lovelies. :heart:

7 Likes

Cellphone with retro numeric wheel. Looks good. :+1:

Strange fossil. That is everything whats left from Crinoids that lived on earth in ancient times. :timer_clock: :earth_africa:

7 Likes

They look yummy! I think I ate them in a soup at a Chinese restaurant several years ago.

6 Likes

y’all wanna win 1 billion isk?

8 Likes

Real virtual reality will be awesome. What we have now isn’t worth the cash for it imo, I haven’t tried any of it, I have no desire to. When it’s 10% the current cost and works better/does more… MAYBE.

The current stuff is basically a cell phone strapped to your head so you feel surrounded by sound and vision, but… where’s the tactile parts? need a treadmill you can move in full 360 degrees freedom on and controllers that mimic actual touch to your hands at the bare minimum till we can just put chips in our head and plug straight in to an altered reality form of VR.

It’s like judging AI by current attempts at AI. The tech just isn’t there yet. It’s still early days, as they say.

6 Likes

I’m all for some good google bashing, but… TBF, it’s really really hard to tell what people want from searches sometimes. The fact that google (and facebook and others) are constantly trying to make their search features and functions more personalized to each user along with datamining and spying on us… makes things interesting because on the one hand things SHOULD be getting better and more specific. But ofc there’s the filter bubble as well.

And then you go and search for something your search engine is surprised you’re searching for and you have to add things to the search 3 times to convince it “no, I didn’t mean this businessman, or this sports figure, I meant this artist over here” or something.

Also, I think I heard google only has somewhere between 1% and 5% of the web covered?

The web has been growing at insane rates since the early 90s. There’s no way to cover it all. Such issues going forward. I miss the days of yahoo being semi-relevant and altavista being the best search engine (IMO) pre-google in the late 90s just before the coming web 2.0 BS.

7 Likes

Care to share or is it better not conveyed at this time,
since you didn’t inform us about what those challenges in the next two weeks will be?

Elon Wins the Space Race!

81,357 views • Feb 8, 2020
Now You Know
165K subscribers

$225 million to $450 million per launch is the cost of the local police force per year,
but for the entire police force wages payments,
at $60,000 per year minimum times 4,100 or more officers.
Enough to cover for them to go into space I would say.
Compared to the more cost-security efficient SpaceX offer.

Why SpaceX is Making Starlink

3,566,858 views • Jun 15, 2019
Real Engineering
2.26M subscribers

how old was elon musk in 1993
Elon Musk / Age (1993)

About 22 years
June 28, 1971

Elon Musk

CEO of SpaceX

Description

Elon Reeve Musk FRS is an engineer, industrial designer, and technology entrepreneur. He is a citizen of South Africa, Canada, and the United States, and is the founder, CEO and chief engineer/designer … Wikipedia

Born: June 28, 1971 (age 48 years),

Net worth: 40 billion USD (2020) Trending

In December 2016, he was ranked 21st on the Forbes list of The World’s Most Powerful People,[12] and was ranked joint first on the Forbes list of the Most Innovative Leaders of 2019.[13] He has a net worth of $38.2 billion and is listed by Forbes as the 23rd-richest person in the world.[1] He is the longest tenured CEO of any automotive manufacturer globally.[14]

Searching:
“Spouse(s)‎: ‎Elon Musk‎; (m. 2010; div. 2012); (m. …”
returned :

In 2008, Riley began dating billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk and in 2010 they married at Dornoch Cathedral. In January 2012 , Musk announced that he had ended his four-year relationship with Riley. In March 2012 , Musk was seeking a divorce . In July 2013, however, Musk and Riley remarried.
### Talulah Riley - Wikipedia

Married twice to the same concubine.
I was informed it was illegal to do so.
It seems the person or robot or program made by the person or entity informing me about the legal information or counsel was informing me of something wrong he or she wanted me to be informed with, whether a crime, or some other immoral acts, whether in moral warfare or other.

Edit 1 on February 17, 2020 @ 21:28:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/elon-musk-personal-life-love-relationship-wife-marriage-happy-talulah-riley-a8058611.html
Riley and Musk married in 2010. Two years later, news of their divorce became public when Musk tweeted: “It was an amazing four years. I will love you forever. You will make someone very happy one day” at Riley on Twitter.

The couple remarried in 2013. Musk filed for – then withdrew – a second divorce the following year.

In 2016, Riley filed for divorce from Musk, which was finalized in late 2016. The two are still on good terms, however – Riley even made an appearance during Strauss’ Rolling Stone profile of Musk. “We still see each other all the time and take care of each other,” she told People.

Musk began dating actress Amber Heard in 2016, but they broke up a year later due to their intense schedules.

Amber Heard (Getty)

Commenting on one of Heard’s Instagram posts, Musk said he and his ex were “still friends, remain close and love one another” and added “who knows what the future holds.” He later told Rolling Stone: “I was really in love, and it hurt bad.”

So, how much of that is interfering and delaying my marriage from my engagement in marriage back in 2011, for almost 9 years now.
I’m in more than 11 courts for it, most of which are entered in more than once, and they try to make it seem like some kind of battle, which, little do they know, they don’t even have the right to be engaging in, since they are breaking the rules of engagement, which rules of engagement they have none to speak of.
That does also include the impeachment against presidency.
End of edit 1 on February 17, 2020 @ 21:28.

Edit 2 on February 17, 2020 @ 21:37:
He even had the time to get 6 children from 2000 to 2008, 3 years before I got engaged.
End of edit 2 on February 17, 2020 @ 21:41.

The potential for life within Enceladus after Cassini

19,988 views • Jan 12, 2018
Lunar and Planetary Institute
3.53K subscribers

What do you like the most about EVE Online?

I agree with you that it may have been in the past that you liked EVE Online, and ,
that, despite that this may have been changed, and ,
that, despite that the change may have interfered against what was fun ,
that it was something for you to either have interest in, or care about, or enjoy.

If so, when was it?

What change in the game modified your perception, or, reaction. ?

6 Likes

Let’s just say I’ll go back to college to get my degree and I’ll be translating lots of stuff English<=>Turkish tomorrow.

7 Likes