The like and get likes thread II

4 Likes
4 Likes

Doh, soviets weren’t exactly the environmentalist type… :slightly_frowning_face:

I’m going to sleep a littl earlier today. Just read that Elite: Dangerous will get space legs next year and although so far they only show walking on a planet with an atmosphere, I will give it a try unless it’s a total mess. I’ve never liked SRV gameplay after I had a terrible experience returning to ship after my first drive on the SRV (seriously, you need to acces the bloody ship menu from the SRV to return to ship, but the only warning the game gives you “SRV not in docking bay”?)

Of course I would love to get walking in stations AND ships AND a swath of girly clothes for Ishtanchuk… but that’s not likely to happen, at least not on release of “Odyssey” DLC.

It will be bloody ironic that E:D will get people walking on planets on a finished, fully working game BEFORE SC even leaves alpha, despite E:D’s kickstarter was later than SC’s… :grin:

And now, nighties lovelies!

Also: here comes Mr Blue Sky

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Brazilian advertisement for the NES version of eve online :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I didn’t get much from Molten Core but I got Judgement Crown from Onyxia.

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

4 Likes

Apollo 10 Source Code Listing: The Art of Commenting

10,398 views • Jun 3, 2020
10K views - 15 hours ago
CuriousMarc
83.2K subscribers

I’m not attuned for Onyxia , as , I didn’t complete the JailBreak! quest yet.
I also would not be able to run the Raid Instance, because my system malfunctions at 20-man Raid, although it functions slowly.

I got into MC with 40-man, and, it was stalling a lot, partly due to the power supply switching in different mode, such as, overload, and, double-overload.
It’s a 40W power supply which runs up to 100W.
I can verify, but I’m pretty sure that’s the system, because, I only ever had one of those PSU.

Why Venus and Mercury No Longer Have Moons

16,088 views • Jun 3, 2020
16K views - 7 hours ago

The Truth Why We Haven’t Found Aliens Will Scare You

69,958 views • Jun 3, 2020
70,358 views - 16 hours ago
Thoughty2
2.79M subscribers

There’s another old video which I was sure I saw before, but didn’t watch it, except it’s not even 2 days old.

VPN Companies Are Lying To You

535,009 views • May 26, 2020
Kitboga
1.01M subscribers

NASA Finds Evidence of Time-Flipped Parallel Universe Over Antarctic

232,660 views • May 21, 2020
232K views - 1 week ago
Bill Whittle
161K subscribers

It seems inexact.

The Stratosphere Lounge Episode 253

3,040 views • May 28, 2020
Bill Whittle
161K subscribers

Pop culture?
If people make popular culture to be non-sense , and make what is logic non-sense, there is not much to it.
To take virtue of characters out of proportion, in conditions of fiction, is not necessarily going to improve virtue and honesty.

Just because some judges have mental problems of perception and interpretations about how they are lied to, and paid for it, doesn’t mean I have the right to associate in their crimes. -The same for terrorists.

If they tried to get someone or a group in problem by association, it doesn’t mean that they didn’t, even if they try to forfeit evidence of it, and interfere against the communication of it.
If they do interfere against the communication of it, it is very possible that it is because they try to hide it, and try to incriminate communication of it as a danger to their security, while they use it to cause security problems to others , trying to cause them damage and seeking forfeiture of their rights .

Emergency Egress Slidewire Baskets Released for the Final Time

563,102 views • Mar 28, 2012
562K views - 8 years ago
NASA’s Kennedy Space Center
96.4K subscribers

Ice Station Kurt - The Secret German Mission to Canada

262,612 views • Sep 9, 2018
Mark Felton Productions
724K subscribers

4 Likes

It’s not time to go to bed, but i’m going to bed nonetheless. My sleep pattern is becoming erratic and today I feel like going to sleep earlier… so here I go! Nighties lovelies!

Also: never say kurwa until you’ve tried banging it with a shovel!

Now that the Polish-made “mole” (aka HP3) is eventually underground, they will try to dig deeper with it. If it starts bouncing back again, will keep hitting it with the shovel and will pour dirt on the hole and press it above the HP3, hoping it will get enough trraction to not bounce back. All while hoping to not damage the wires connecting the HP3 instrument to the probe. It’s uncertain whether it will reach the target depth, but just getting underground while working with the godawful regolite Mars has provided at the landing site is an accomplishment.

4 Likes

Tomorrow I have Zul’Gurub raid again(the raid resets itself after every 3 days).

4 Likes

They can’t see why the Pentagon Chaplain’s office would already know about War and Peace since 1976 and 1983 like if it wasn’t their job.
I could not subject my son or wife to this psychological warfare, and delays, which they try to cause, and, even try to wrongfully hold me responsible for their actions against me and against us.

They always attacked 100% of all communication, in schism and worse.
That is one of the main reason they had officers to clear the Cyber-Security HQ with the army.

When security in charge of the security system related to password are not good, they may cause worse problems than kidnapping, as if to try to extort the password with threats and common nuisance.
I also would not let them abuse the security of my family with that kind of spying either, as if it were.
That also means that we need a medical system able to deal with the threat, and damage.

4 Likes

images

A blood black nothingness began to spin.
Began to spin.
Let’s move on to system. System.
Feel that in your body. The system.
What does it feel like to be part of the system. System.
Is there anything in your body that wants to resist the system? System.
Do you get pleasure out of being a part of the system? System.
Have they created you to be a part of the system? System.
Is there security in being a part of the system? System.
Is there a sound that comes with the system? System.
We’re going to go on. Cells.
They were all put together at a time. Cells.
Millions and billions of them. Cells.
Were you ever arrested? Cells.
Did you spend much time in the cell? Cells.
Have you ever been in an institution? Cells.
Do they keep you in a cell? Cells.
When you’re not performing your duties do they keep you in a little box? Cells.
Interlinked.
What’s it like to hold the hand of someone you love? Interlinked.
Do they teach you how to feel finger to finger? Interlinked.
Do you long for having your heart interlinked? Interlinked.
Do you dream about being interlinked?
Have they left a place for you where you can dream? Interlinked.
What’s it like to hold your child in your arms? Interlinked.
What’s it like to play with your dog? Interlinked.
Do you feel that there’s a part of you that’s missing? Interlinked.
Do you like to connect to things? Interlinked.
What happens when that linkage is broken? Interlinked.
Have they let you feel heartbreak? Interlinked.
Did you buy a present for the person you love? Within cells interlinked.
Why don’t you say that three times? Within cells interlinked. Within cells interlinked. Within cells interlinked.
Where do you go when you go within? Within.
Has anyone ever locked you out of a room? Within.
Within.
Where do you go to when you go within? Within.
Where is the place in the world you feel the safest? Within.
Do you have a heart? Within.
Stem.
Did you pick asparagus stems?
What comes from something else? Stem.
Have you been to the source of a river? Stem.
When’s the first time you gave a flower to a girl? Stem.
What did she look like? Stem.
Is it a slang word for people’s legs? Stem.
Have you planted things in the ground? Stem.
Have you ever been in a legal battle? Stem.
Within one stem.
Dreadfully.
Is that an old fashioned word? Dreadfully.
Did you ever want to live in the nineteenth century? Dreadfully.
What’s it like to be filled with dread? Dreadfully.
Do you think you could find out all the answers to all the questions? Dreadfully.
Distinct.
How good are your eyes? Distinct.
Do you have a particular personality? Distinct.
What separates somebody from somebody else? Distinct.
Who do you admire most in the world? Distinct.
What was your most shameful moment? Distinct.
Dreadfully distinct.
Dark.
Were you afraid of the dark when you were little? Dark.
What’s it like to hide under a bed? Dark.
Did they keep you in a drawer when they were building you? Dark?
Was it dark in there? Dark.
Do you have dark thoughts? Dark?
Did they program you to have dark thoughts? Dark?
Do you think it’s some kind of corruption these dark thoughts? Dark.
Maybe it’s a spot of rust or something? Dark.
Who’s the darkest person you know? Dark.
What is it like when someone gives you the silent treatment. Dark.
Who did you get your darkness from? Dark.
Against the dark.
What kind of power do you have against the dark. Against the dark.
Do you think there is such a thing as evil? Against the dark.
Do you think you can protect people against the dark. Against the dark.
Why are these things happening? Against the dark.
Do you prefer the day or the night? Against the dark.
When is the last time you saw a starry sky? Against the dark.
What’s your favorite part of the moon? Against the dark.
Fountain.
Have you seen the Trevi fountain in Rome? Fountain.
Have you ever seen the fountain in Lincoln center? Fountain.
Have you seen fountains out in the wild? Fountain.
What’s it like when you have an orgasm. Fountain.
Have you read the Fountainhead? Fountain.
White Fountain.
Is it pure white? White Fountain.
Is that a metaphor? White Fountain.
How did the white Fountain make you feel? White Fountain.
A tall white fountain played.
When you were little did you ever fall into a Fountain? A Tall White Fountain.
Do you like fire, earth, air or water? A Tall White Fountain.
Do you like skipping around in the water? A Tall White Fountain.
A blood black nothingness.
A system of cells.
Within cells interlinked.
Within one stem.
And dreadfully distinct.
Against the dark.
A tall white fountain played

5 Likes

4 seconds ago

Posted 22 minutes ago.

Phil Salvador
@itstheshadsy

After 28 years, a copy of SimRefinery has been successfully recovered. More information here: https://obscuritory.com/sim/simrefinery-recovered/…

Title screen from SimRefinery. it says "Game Prototype Presented By Chevron and Maxis."

Screenshot from SimRefinery

12:06 AM · Jun 5, 2020·TweetDeck

Apollo 13: ‘Houston, We’ve Had a Problem’

1,650,129 views • Apr 13, 2020
1.6M views - 1 month ago
CC
NASA
6.96M subscribers

NASA Astronauts Ring the Opening Bell for Nasdaq

162,225 views • Jun 2, 2020
162K views - 2 days ago

In 2017, this is worth approximately:

£729.83

In 1270, you could buy one of the following with £1:

Horses: 1

Cows: 2

Wool: 7 stones

Wheat: 6 quarters

Wages: 100 days (skilled tradesman)

Most peasants in the thirteenth century lived below a reasonable subsistence level and this standard declined during the century.

Posted as of 2 minutes ago.

Reuters @Reuters

Tesla’s Elon Musk called for Amazon to be broken up, after an author complained on social media about being unable to self-publish a book via the world’s largest online retailer

Tesla’s Elon Musk calls for breakup of Amazon in tweet
Telsa Inc Chief Executive Elon Musk on Thursday called for Amazon.com Inc to be broken up.
reuters.com

7:13 AM · Jun 5, 2020 · SocialFlow

Jimmy Kimmel & Mark Hamill Surprise Nurse/Star Wars Fan - Supported by PayPal

16,063 views • Jun 5, 2020
16K views - 4 hours ago
Jimmy Kimmel Live
16.8M subscribers

4 Likes

Last night in my dream I was holding a kitten and a puppy in each hand while I was blind, but was able to sense my surroundings. I was walking and squeezing both the kitten and the puppy with anger. When I reached the car I realized I must’ve lost the kitten on the way so I walked back through the path and tried to find the kitten.

The cat looked like this:

And the dog looked like this:

Poor animals. :sob:

Timezone lovelies! :heart:

4 Likes

That’s one weird image, you (as your avatar) with cyberarms, squeezing a puppy and a kitty! :thinking:

By the way, we once had a dog and it was a cocker, like that puppy. It was a weird thing because my father met that guy who breeded cockers and he made him a good price for a pet-rated cocker (puppies who aren’t fit for show, are sold as pets). So my father thought that every kid wanted a dog so why not buy one? I remember somewhat vaguely going to the place and picking a puppy, but can’t remember who chose it. For the few years we had it, that dog kind of failed to leave any lasting impression on me, it was a bit “dad’s dog” rather than “the children’s dog” and also the dog’s mood changed after being hit in the snout by a speeding motorbike. Cockers are very active but somewhat crazy dogs and defintively that incident didn’t do any good for the dog. He tried to bite my mom several times when she was filling his food plate (!) and eventually the breeder or someone came back and took back the dog. I don’t really remember if I was sad or not about losing the dog.

Years later I was a teen and my father brough a kitty they had rescued at his workplace -and that was a completely different story. I love cats.

Aand, now I’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: gravity is real and the Cavendish experiment is an easy way to test it!

Other people use lead brick and even better sealed environments as to allow measuring the force of G…

5 Likes

The dog and cat in my dream were whimpering from pain of my grip. I could feel their breath on my hands. Poor animals.

Bad doggie…
Over 18 years ago my sister asked my dad for a dog, so he brought home a rottweiler puppy from his friend and the dog was very aggressive. She kept it in the garden. It would bite our feet and destroy our shoes while we were still wearing them. It was my sister’s responsibility to look after it, but she left it to the cook and the tipstaff to do so. My dad had to return the dog after a week because it was too agressive. Some time later, my sister again asked for a dog and my dad brought another dog, this time from a restaurant owner(not a chinese restaurant,lol). It was a cocker spaniel. My sister, again, neglected the care of the dog and she wouldn’t walk the dog. What she did was this: Put the dog infront of the estate gate, allow it to roam freely to wherever it wanted outside, IF the dog returned after a while, then open the gate and let it in. This only worked for two days. On the third day, the dog didn’t return. So that’s the end to our dog story. No more dogs in our lives since that day.

Cats are fine. I looked after a persian cat of a friend’s friend for 2 months, then I had to return it because I was not fit for taking good care of it. Don’t get me wrong, I bought the cheapest dried cat food and the most expensive one and mixed the two to make the rations last longer(which it ate all of it with joy) and to make sure it wasn’t malnourished. I even cleaned the litter so often. But I couldn’t treat the cat with the dignity it deserved. I show my affection to cats like a mother bear shows her affection to her cubs. By beating them.

Since then I never looked after any animal, only plants though. I treat my plants somewhat better. I give them their weekly water and they grow, bloom flowers every year.

Tonight I did Zul’Gurub again and got healer paladin leggings.

No raid until Sunday evening.

4 Likes

By Steven Messner 4 hours ago

Well, I may have lost an old POS small tower, but it was there a long time ago after scheduled dates.
I never lost a citadel yet, or, moon mining base, because I never paid for 1, although I was in budget to.

Inside, they found the single-biggest loot drop in EVE Online history: 4 trillion ISK-worth of items that, when converted to EVE Online subscription game time, equals roughly $60,000.

This equality is not including how that value was earned ingame, and, what it would cost to get .

At
15,400 PLEX for
$499.99

and
The Forge 100 x 2,525,000.00 ISK 0.9 Jita IV - Moon 4 - Caldari Navy Assembly Plant Station 1 - 21h 18s ago

For the highest value.
is 38,885,000,000 ISK worth.

x10 = 388,850,000,000 ISK worth, 388 billion for $4999.90.
x10 = 3,888,500,000,000 ISK worth, 3.88 trillion for $49,999.00.
Plus 15,400 PLEX =
3,927,385,000,000 ISK worth, 3.927 trillion for $50,498.99.

I’ll take the $9,500 +, thank you.

I got this:

but was kicked, since, although it gives me 70 more armor as tank, I can’t use the mana bonus from the 5 piece set.

My previous armor also has a 2% dodge bonus, 1 less STAM and, 4 AGI.
It doesn’t have +17 DEF though.

Star Trek - Stolen Romulan Cloaking Device

292,320 views • Nov 19, 2016
Admiral Titan Entertainment
47.5K subscribers

Slowly Sulu.
The next cloaking device is scheduled to operate around 1 minute to 2 minutes.

Sea Dragon Launch — Ultimate Rocketry

362,290 views • Dec 26, 2019
Nauja diena
307 subscribers

The Largest Rocket Never Launched

411,910 views • Mar 22, 2020
Primal Space
335K subscribers

3,927,385,000,000 ISK worth, 3.927 trillion for $50,498.99.
Plus 38,885,000,000 ISK at 3,966,270,000,000 for $50,998.98.
3.966 trillion.

Plus 38,885,000,000 ISK at 4,005,155,000,000 for $51,498.97.
4.005 trillion ISK.

15,400 PLEX x10 = 154,000
154,000 PLEX x10 = 1,540,000

1,540,000 + 15,400 = 1,555,400
1,555,400 + 15,400 = 1,570,800
1,570,800 + 15,400 = 1,586,200 PLEX

4 Likes

Maybe they just needed larger shovel, and use it to dig a hole rather than using that mole. :thinking:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Well, the purpose of the mole is to go 5 meters deep and measure the temperature differences at different depths, so it is a requirement to be buried into the ground. They can’t just dig a hole. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Sometimes CCP will just CCP… removing asset safety without any effective way to warn players who aren’t playing the game nor following it actively is either carelessness, incompetence or meanness. It is NOT a sensible thing to do, but hey: !!CCP!!

And they get some headlines, of course, just not for doing a good job.

5 Likes

Space Shuttle Launch: Viewed From an Airplane

11,910,466 views • Feb 24, 2011
Neil Monday
4.06K subscribers

Marie Curie’s PhD thesis :radioactive:

51,366 views • Jun 4, 2020
51K views - 2 days ago
Tibees
391K subscribers

A look at Marie Skłodowska Curie’s PhD thesis, Research on Radioactive Substances, 1903.

Andrew Ross Sorkin: The Stock Market Is Up Because Investors Are Betting On A Vaccine

70,780 views • Jun 6, 2020
68K views - 8 hours ago
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
7.55M subscribers

5 Likes