The like and get likes thread II

After all there are other things than playing games and still you an get progression. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

EVE does flatten out in some areas after a while, that’s true. So you can end up in a corner of the game where you stop progressing and nothing you do feels new and exciting.

The trick here is to find the part of EVE, where your gains come from more than just the mechanic.

I went from missions and mining to organizing mining fleets (because we sucked at wars and didn’t have any numbers nor did we find a good alliance). Since the fleets worked nicely did I started buying and hauling the ore and always giving the others a good price (better than was available in the region). From there did I go into ore trading and later into mineral trading. I’ve distant myself from the raw mechanic and now trade minerals worth tens of billions and often use Red Frog for the hauling, because I cannot haul it all by myself. I have found a path in EVE, which allows me to keep progressing and that keeps it interesting for me as well as risky.

This is where you have to put yourself. Not into trading, but some activity, which includes more and more players. This can be trade, but it can also be wars, creating new territory, incursion fleets, etc… You’ll have to keep your eyes open for such opportunities and avoid making habits. Habits only burn one out after a while.

10 Likes

Let my people go!

The tempo is so slow that it sounds OK at 1.25x, it’s fine enough at 1.5x and doesn’t sounds too silly at 2x…

10 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes

“The Maniac” video reminds me somewhat of the girl in this video…

10 Likes

MAD MAX happening right now in Brasil.

All they need are Teslas.

9 Likes

http://blog.dilbert.com/2013/11/18/goals-vs-systems/

9 Likes

2 miner pilots lose 17 Rorquals in a mistake:

17 Rorquals operated by just 2 guys. I sense good game balance in action… :thinking:

11 Likes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari,_Inc.

10 Likes

10 Likes

I think they can cope, didnt need those rorquals anyway. :smirk:

9 Likes

You mean they didn’t need those mining drones. :rofl:

Each one of the drones costs 1b ISKs (Excavators), the Roqual “only” costs 2b ISKs. But with such a mining fleet will they have mined half a billion ISKs per day and per ship anyway I’m guessing. So you’d be right about it…

10 Likes

10 Likes

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

9 Likes

A M A Z I N G
C A N D I E S !
:exploding_head:

9 Likes

:scream:

9 Likes

11 Likes

And now, i’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

(Apparently Ishanchuk ran a gurist site yesterday and got a escalation. Today she was testing a Drake she inherited years ago from a parting player and turns she can fly it as an alpha. So she’s ended up running the escalation site and getting some escalation toys. That’s been it for today)

Also: that’s one piece of an arch…

10 Likes

I always have a mixed feelings when I cross bridges. Like if something shouldnt be where it is. Bridges are impressive, but also somewhat scary for me.

10 Likes