The Like and Get Likes thread III

Something is not right here Raitaru | Rockline Tool And Die | Killmail | zKillboard :smiley:

4 Likes

Incase you don’t visit the other parts of the forum, we lost a friend to Eve.

7 Likes

Or if time is lacking and you don’t have time for this shi- and you getting too old for this shi- :

6 Likes

Strange, I thought they are more sturdy than that. :thinking:

WIth a lot of time EVE have been around, this will be even more prevalent as time goes on. But such is life. The change happens constantly. :thinking:
Our friend Dorrim, I hardly knew him, but I did like him, in this thread also. :heart: :saluting_face:

a real gem, also practical

8 Likes

I’ve just finished watching The Expanse. They made a nice wrap-up with the last episode, although I still wonder whatever happened next to the resurrected boy on Laconia… but oh well, i’m also on book 3 of the series and guess many things await in the future. And I earned a tiny point by guessing that Filip Inaros/Nagata would survive.

Now I’m off to bed and say: nighties lovelies!

PS: I guess that nobody expected that this thread could actually outlive ISD Dorrim Bastorlode… what an untimely death :pensive:

5 Likes

6 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

6 Likes

It’s just too sad :pensive:

6 Likes

Where did my Likes go?
The forums says I need to wait 7 hours to give more likes but I only gave a few likes today :dotted_line_face: Where did all my likes go @ISD_Traindriver ?

6 Likes

Something in the forums caught my attention, brought this to mind.

Often, when small things go wrong, larger things well some follow.

8 Likes

That’s one nice story and makes the point, using the M&Ms thing as a way to check whether the show producer knew what he was up to with the requirements for a Van Hallen act of the time. Because, people don’t read, and anyone who’s been longer than a day dealing with customers of any kind does know it: People. Don’t. Read.

Actually it os a bit scary when people Do Read and come up noticing stuff like the Generic Contractual Bla Bla which, being generic, might not fit exactly their situation… but that is easily overcome by the thousands of times you’ll be answering something whose answer was on the papers they didn’t read.

Cue: “do all hotel stays include breakfast?” “All of them do but the one in Nobreakfasthaffen” as we said on the quote, on the email accompanying the quote, on our confirmation email about the bookings being complete and on the confirmation contract you didn’t read neither (but you’re our second favorite customer so please keep asking questions written up half a dozen times for you to read, and whose answers are the same from the years before)

5 Likes

More PA fun.

5 Likes

Also: what is “best” to an engineer…?

The way they solved the issue of mass producing WW2 era magnetrons made me giggle in its cunning simplicity. Also was a surprise how old actually are microwave ovens. :astonished:

6 Likes

Congrats to FC Barcelona for winning the La Liga. They often say that the big leagues of Europe are much harder to win than UEFA Champions League. I see this now since UEFA Champions League is just basically steamrolling through the tourney for big teams. Same winners every year, but in domestic leagues there is a chance for non-titan teams to win, e.g. Leicester City and the Premier League.

Good night.

5 Likes
7 Likes

5 Likes

THAT video is how encyclopedic video entries SHOULD be. :star_struck:

Edit: So classy!

7 Likes

It’s quite an interesting video, and educational without drama, just an engineer explaining how engineers think. He has three other videos in the same series (this is 4th of 4) and the toher oens are also an interesting watch.

And now I’m off to bed, so… nighties lovelies!

Also: this is one interesting illusion…

…but I somewhat not get it. I mean, my brain sees the spiral thing appear and disappear, but won’t buy it, rejects it as a real thing and just waits for some explanation.

9 Likes

Time to go to sleep. Nighties lovelies!

6 Likes

Good morning!

6 Likes