The Like and Get Likes thread III

It seems very promising… :thinking:

Good night, lovelies. :heart:
Live long and prosper. :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Well, it makes sense to experiment by your home before undertaking a long trip. We’ve never sent people outside of Earth’s magnetic fields for longer than a few days, and protecting astronauts from increased radiation and possible solar flares is no trivial job. If anything goes wrong, the Moon is 3-4 days away, not 9 to 10 months like Mars on a good configuration. Slow but sure and learning all the way, nobody wants more dead astronauts!

And now I’m off to bed, so I’ll say: nighties lovelies!

Also: 79 sorting algorythms in action, with sound effects

Seriously. 59 minutes of graphical representation of sorting algorythms. This goes beyond maths p0rn…

4 Likes

made it a minute in and had to quit… can’t listen to that.

4 Likes

How to Slow Aging (and even reverse it)

2.5M views - 1 year ago
Veritasium
8.24M subscribers
CC

Epigenome

These are the asteroids to worry about

7.1M views - 2 months ago
CC

6.- Edited in at 18:42, also Fri Feb 12, 2021:

We now also know that, 
Earth might have been getting it's life wiped out from Asteroids, 
or, rather, celestial bodies from outside of the solar system, 
which could land on Earth, or, 
other celestial bodies in the solar system, 
more by hitting them than landing on them.

These Pools Help Support Half The People On Earth

2,595,403 views • Jan 27, 2021
2.5M views - 2 weeks ago
CC

2. - 7 hours later at 07:13 Fri Feb 12, 2021:

#Moonshot #Space #BloombergQuicktake

How Solar Sails Are Remaking Space Exploration

58,405 views • Feb 8, 2021
58K views - 3 days ago
Bloomberg Quicktake
2.51M subscribers
CC

At 1:14:
NASA was able to successfully sail with Mariner 10.

3. - At 7:23, 3 minutes after the previous update:

The Architect of the Paris Agreement Turns to Nature | Presented by Amazon

3,172 views • Feb 9, 2021
3.1K views - 2 days ago
CC

It's inexact that the Average temperature rise 
in degrees Celsius in 2020 vs 1920 
is only +1.28 degrees.

It's also inaccurate, 
and may lead to error and problems.

Additionally, 
the margin of error is not included.

It rises over 1 degree up in the Arctic 
every 10 years for 200 years.

It was not possible to sail through there, 
and it became possible due to climate warming, 
not change.

The climate was never more cold.

4. - At 7:56, 18 minutes after the last update:

Why Superintelligent A.I. Will Be Unstoppable

254,710 views • Feb 6, 2021
45K views - Streamed 2 days ago
Kyle Hill
613K subscribers

4 Likes

I was thinking about the vessel capable of leaving the solar system, landing on a planet earth sized with armosphere, completely autonomous there after landing, with AI capable of conductiong observations and experiments, that could at least send data back to earth even after hundreds of years.

These would be send in all directions to interesting places.

2 Likes

Today I didn’t find any suitable “also”. Also, I’m specially tired as apparently something went wrong with my sleep last night and I didn’t rest enough. So I will just say: nighties lovelies!

3 Likes

“In the year 2000,” and 18.

Coming soon to the big screen… EVE Online! More likely it will be Black Desert. :wink:

Ref:

Hi, Jack.

6 Likes
  1. 'Oumuamua is, or looks like, a lost Telstar paddle,
    such as the one seen from Arkanoid.

2. The Hungarian Gustav cartoon where he has to pay for Oxygen, and, everything, in a Utopian world, is similar to, or, is the same thing, as when the government taxes people to breath outside of lockdown areas…

They get taxed to breath in specific area to the related specific authorities who taxes them for the cartoon tax.

I think he even tried to charge an old woman to pay for his shirt, after which he even got whacked over the head from her purse.

4 Likes

I finished watching Season 1 of The Mandalorian. The show is for Star Wars fans and sci-fi lovers. If you loved Star Wars, you’ll like the show.

4 Likes

I watched it too, and liked it. Even without the SW lore and films, it’s good SF series. Better than the last trilogy for sure.

And now I go to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: Chinese orbiter Yianwen-1 arrives to Mars…

So cool how you can see Mars entering frame and then can see the atmosphere! The images are shaky from the vibrations caused by the main thruster firing to slow down the probe and be captured by Mars’ gravity.

7 Likes

How Machine Language Works

43,600 views • Feb 13, 2021
43K views - 3 hours ago
The 8-Bit Guy
1.24M subscribers

I play SWG and I’m trying to go to the Death Watch Bunker, which is where we craft the Mandalorian Jet Pack, Mandalorian Helmet, and, Mandalorian Armor.

4 Likes

Captura de Tela 2021-02-13 às 16.46.13

4 Likes

Why is the planet not red(as we see it depicted almost everywhere), but beige? :grin:

I’m not worried about going without a valentine on February 14th… But I’m terrified that I’ll still be ignorant on 24th of May,which is Bulgarian Education and Culture and Slavonic Literature Day.

TIMEZONE LOVELIES! :heart:
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER! :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Elon Musk Talks About Colonizing the Galaxy

2,807,231 views • Feb 11, 2021
2.8M views - 2 days ago
PowerfulJRE
10.4M subscribers

1 hour later at 19:33 Sun Feb 14, 2021, Valentine’s Day:

3h
Wow! Mars, captured by UAE @HopeMarsMission

Even better than on the moon too!

I don’t think they did much testing around the moon first,
to get to Mars.

My 2nd Edition System Analysis and Design Method book which had the Apollo project $50 billion matrix or $30 billion, is not in another version, the one I currently have, of that same 2nd Edition.
_The other Editions also don’t have it.

Project Apollo, 1960 - 1973 -Actual- Inflation
** _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Adjusted**
Spacecraft -$8.1 billion -$80 billion
Launch Vehicles -$9.4 billion -$97.3 billion
Development & Operations -$3.1 billion -$28.2 billion

Direct Project Costs -$20.6 billion -$205.3 billion
Ground Facilities, Salaries, & Overhead -$5.2 billion -$53.8 billion
Total Project Apollo -$25.8 billion -$260 billion
Robotic Lunar Program -$907 million -$10.1 billion

Project Gemini -$1.3 billion -$13.8 billion
Total Lunar Effort -$28 billion -$283 billion

Comprehensive Project Apollo cost data, non-inflation adjusted dollar amounts, program-by-program cost breakdowns, construction costs, and relative GDP adjustments are available in this Google Spreadsheet or as a downloadable Excel spreadsheet.

Apollo and NASA

NASA considered plans for a crewed lunar landing as early as 1959 and pursued early concept studies in 1960. These early studies allowed the space agency to respond quickly and affirmatively to President Kennedy’s inquiry in April 1961, when he asked if “we have a chance of beating the Soviets…to go to the moon and back with a man” and to provide the nation with a “space program which promises dramatic results in which we could win”.

(apollo1.pdf)

2 Likes

“Patent pending” (sometimes abbreviated by “pat. pend.” or “pat. pending”) or “patent applied for” are legal designations or expressions that can be used in relation to a product or process once a patent application for the product or process has been filed,
but prior to the patent being issued or the application abandoned.

The marking serves to notify the public,
business,
or potential infringers who would copy the invention that they may be liable for damages (including back-dated royalties),

***seizure,***

and injunction once a patent is issued.

Fraudulent use of a patent pending designation is prohibited by the law of many countries and inventors should be cautious when marking products or methods that may arguably not be covered by any pending patent application.

In some jurisdictions,
such as the United Kingdom,
a warning notice should ideally mention the number of the pending application.[1]

Some warning signs of possible seizures may include: Odd feelings, often indescribable. Unusual smells, tastes, or feelings. Unusual experiences – “out-of-body” sensations; feeling detached; body looks or feels different; situations or people look unexpectedly familiar or strange.

### Warning Signs of Seizures | Epilepsy Foundation

2 Likes

Probably it’s because the image is too bright for the cameras. Those cameras aren’t surface cameras, they’re cameras to check the high ganancy antenna an the solar panel so probably they’re calibrated to work with high aperture and little light… the planet is just too bright for them and the color is lost in the shining.

Today I went to vote, it was raining and I wore a FP2 mask (I usually wear a surgical mask), but the polling station was quite empty. Turnover for the vote has been very low and the rooms for voting tables were quite large… so probably there’s more risk buying at the supermarket, than actually voting. Anyway I’ve fulfilled once again my civic duty (haven’t missed voting any election since I was 18) and now it’s in politicians’ hands to do something useful with what the People has voted.

Nighties lovelies!

Also: Mars as seen by UAE’s probe Hope:

The three volcanos near the terminator (the line between day and night) are Ascraeus Mons, Pavonis Mons and Arsia Mons. Right on the terminator and to the left of Pavonis and Arsia lies Olympus Mons. The caldera is clearly visible and the surrounding plateau can be hinted. The very wrinkled and rough area to the right of the three volcanos is Noctis Labyrinthus, the western end of the massive Valles Marineris. To the upper left of the planet there’s the North pole and to the lower right there’s ice clouds. And Mars shows its good old red/rusty orange color.

5 Likes

2. - :
https://www.linkedin.com/in/wesley83

https://twitter.com/wesley83?lang=en

3. - 3 hours later at 02:11 Mon Feb 15, 2021:

#GlobalNews

At least 5 dead after massive 70+ vehicle pileup on icy Texas highway

827,263 views • Feb 11, 2021
828K views - 3 days ago
Global News
2.34M subscribers

#GlobalNews #Canada

Canada looking to create digital consumer currency

468 views • Feb 14, 2021
468 views - 7 minutes ago

4. - :

This blockchain startup selling collectible NBA highlights just had $50 million in sales in 30 days

2,273 views • Feb 14, 2021
2.2K views - 10 hours ago
Yahoo Finance
539K subscribers

5. - At 02:26, 11 minutes after the last update:

Cryptocurrencies: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)

13,604,675 views • Mar 12, 2018
13M views - 2 years ago
LastWeekTonight
8.55M subscribers

3 Likes

Its fairly white on the sides, I found image where dust storms look white like that.

https://www.astrobio.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/STSCI-H-p1829f-z-1000x529.png

3 Likes

Today ı share a Hayley photo:

Here are bonus ones:

2 Likes

#2 ON TRENDING

Mars Rover Landing CRASH COURSE- 3 DAYS LEFT!

2,616,708 views • Feb 14, 2021
2.6M views - 13 hours ago
Mark Rober
16.7M subscribers

3 Likes