The Like and Get Likes thread III

Raptor: Workhorse and savior of the Colonial Navy(May 17, 2021).

4 Likes

So much wobbling cam in space, makes you think they dont know how to stabilize image in future.

4 Likes

On December 10, 2014, Ubisoft announced an HD version of the game. The new version features updated graphics as well as widescreen compatibility and was released on January 29, 2015 for Microsoft Windows, iOS and Android.[4] However, the expansions have not been re-released because their source code is lost.[5] However, in 2017 source code for full version of the game was found, when one of the contractors responsible for porting the game on MAC found source, tools and assets on his old HD and uploaded it to Ubisoft. [6]

:scream:

4 Likes

Time to transfer your account. Ah, you know if you play Black Desert Online.

4 Likes

I played a lot out of HOMM3, and also HOMM4. It was fun to improve the cities, tour them to gather units and build an army of doom with mostly top tier creatures… :grin:

And now I’m just going to sleep. Playing agian old games never feels like the time you played them first -older person, and with more games under the belt, even for someone like me who just tend to play the same few games for years. Nighties lovelies!

Also: after hesitating on how to qualify this, I think it’s more cringy than creepy

Like, what the seven f*cks? “See, Im a perfectly normal person who sticks a fake animatronic tail to his/her ass because reasons” “OK, now just let me back away slowly… see my hands… no sudden moves… I’m going… i’m almost gone…”

4 Likes
4 Likes

ALCOHOL = BAD! BAD ALCOHOL! BAD! BAD! :grimacing:

4 Likes

Alcohol is Nature’s way to say “don’t eat too much ripe fruit after it’s fallen to the ground and has begun to spoil”. To which mankind said “hold my beer!” and here we are, drinking toxic beverages under different pretenses. :woman_shrugging:t2:

And now it’s my time to go to bed, without a gram of alcohol in my body. As usual. Nighties lovelies!

Also: first view of Mars through the cameras of China’s Zhurong rover!

It’s been a bit slow to release them because they had to rearrange the orbit of the Tianwen-1 orbiter to be able to relay information from the rover at least three times a day.

5 Likes
4 Likes

After much effort I managed to hack my EVE Client’s visual files. Below is me in my supercarrier with fighters deployed.

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

5 Likes

Hmmm… those fighters look both cute and deadly! :grin:

Time to go to sleep, saying: nighties lovelies!

Also: this AI kind of works…

…but surely will improve over time and the results will be bizarre.

5 Likes

But can it turn big band into an EDM hit?

4 Likes

4 Likes

You forgot the cat ears.

4 Likes
// Dear fellow coder:
//
// When I wrote this piece of software, only God 
// and I knew why did it even work at all
//
// Now only God knows why it works
//
// So, if you're trying to "optimize" this routine
// and fail to (and probably you will),  please   
// increase as needed the following counter
// as a warning to future coders:
//
// hours_wasted_here= 189

Hmmm… honest it is, right? :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

Nighties lovelies!

Also: there’s a new massive iceberg in the world…

At about 175 x 25 km in size, A-76 isn’t the largest berg ever, but we’ve seen it break away as it formed (animation here)

5 Likes

That video shows the viewers…the ropes in rope production(no pun intended :smile:).

Same goes for pickled stuff too, unfortunately.

Now we wait for European rovers.

I think it goes for badly documented codes. The ones that don’t have explanation comments attached to code lines and no refactoring. :man_shrugging:

EDIT:

How Japanese T.V. Dinners are made. They’re called “bento” boxes over there.

5 Likes

Bento boxes are one of my favorite suggestions to travelers to Japan, so they can keep the cost of eating low. Bento boxes allow to explore different meals and usually fit well with people who already likes Japanese food. :shallow_pan_of_food:

Time to go sleep, i’m watching a lenghty video and will finsih it tomorrow. nighties lovelies!

Also: meanwhile, this is a kind of homage to cinema…

I can’t identify many of the scenes, but others are easy to identify. The amount of work put into this piece is astonishing. Bonus: featuring Ennio Morricone music…

6 Likes

Time to go to sleep. Nighties lovelies!

Also: well worth of your time if you have 1 hour…

“Uh, Houston, looks like we have a main bus B undervolt”

…and this is how started a single, apparently simple problem which could have had everyone killed in about 10 hours. With no oxygen there’s no fuel cells. With no fuel cells there’s no power. Without power there’s no fans. Without fans there’s no CO2 scrubbers. And without CO2 scrubbers CO2 partial pressure inside the Command Module will be toxic in about 10 hours, and then everybody dies. Space is out there to kill you, an even the tiniest thing can be fatal (later they found out how effed up was the cause why they had lost oxygen tank 2 and why that affected oxygen tank 1).

5 Likes

A young Mexican man named Jose was curious about America so he snuck across the border.

He wanted to go see a baseball game so when he went home, he could tell his family all about it. When he got there, the game was sold out, so he decided to climb to the top of a flag pole to get a better look. When he returned home, his family was anxious to hear about his experience:

“What happened?” asked his family.

“Well, America is the nicest place in the world!!” he said. "Before the game started, all the people in the stands and all the players stood up, looked at me and said, “Jose, can you see?”

4 Likes

Another day has passed and it’s again time to go sleep. Nighties lovelies!

Also: how about carrying Wikipedia in your pocket…?

The abbility to download whole knowledge sites so they can be accessed offline through a variety of devices (portable or not) opens interesting opportunities for places without a reliable (or affordable) internet connection. FAI, the whole Wikipedia in English as of March 1st 2021 fits in a package occupying 83 gigabytes with pictures or 43 Gb without them. Thus can be downloaded on relatively modest desktop systems…

4 Likes