The Like and Get Likes thread III

I recall them, at one point Random McNally and me played husbando/waifu on a different thread (The Greater Fool Bar) at the free-but-not-Discourshit version of the forums. He quit LAGL after some kind of drama about the US and ingame I think he’s still with the merry pirates of A band Apart. Alice Saki has become a rare appearance at LAGL, but I remember how back in the day she was Queen of Likes and got a carrier for it. As for Graygor, I don’t know of him, whether he’s active or not.

LAGL, much as EVE, has become a meeting point for old farts left behind by whatever new wave is driving the game now. The blogosphere of yore is all but dead (I still follow TAGN, Nozy Gamer, Rixx Javixx’s Eveoganda and a few more from the undead Jester’s Trek weblog) and to me EVE Online is a game I used to know.

(And I still think it will kick the bucket by November 2023, and blame CCP Seagull for being horribly wrong to implement Customer Oriented Development back in 2013).

4 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: the insruments aboard Hubble Space Telescope are back online!

They used the last backup to the power management system though, and if anything else would break, it would be the end for HST’s instruments. Hubble has been in space for 31 years and although the James Webb telescope will be launched later this year in November, it is a infrarred telescope and will never produce the kind of images the Hubble is famous for.

4 Likes

NASA then figured a dodgy power control unit (PCU) may be to blame. This part is supposed to maintain the voltage supply to the payload computer, and if it doesn’t do its job right, the computer won’t work.

Thats the same situation with desktop computers, PCU lose their properties with time and the values of voltage are different than they used to be, and then computer doesnt work. Good that they have spare ones included already there.

4 Likes

Fact of the day: The difference between Astrology and Astronomy is that one of them involves lots of mathematics.

4 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: because ekranoplanes weren’t weird enough, here comes the VVA-14…

-How much should your aircraft look like a spaceship?
-Yes

7 Likes

When sprinkler is angry:

5 Likes

what a coincidence.

4 Likes

No fancy stuff tonight… nighties lovelies! Have sweet dreams!

6 Likes

Well… that explains a lot.

5 Likes

Another night, another attempt to sleep with temperature of 25 C outside… at night. It’s so hot… nighties lovelies! Enjoy nice temperature if you have it!

Also: music from the skies, kinda…

5 Likes

“Did you just give me three lobsters?”
(21:00)

5 Likes

Time to go to bed… and maybe sleep and get some rest! Nighties lovelies!

Also: some people don’t know when to stop…

5 Likes

https://www.superonline.net/kampanyalar/fiber-kampanyalari/10-gbps-isik-hizinda-fiber-internet-kampanyasi

10 gigabits per second download, but 50 megabits per second upload speeds…only for 10.000 TL monthly.

Good night, lovelies. :heart:
Live long and prosper. :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

I got a lot to say to you, yeah, I got a lot to say
I notice your eyes are always glued to me
You’re keeping them here and it makes no sense at all

They taped over your mouth
Scribbled out the truth with their lies
Your little spies
They taped over your mouth
Scribbled out the truth with their lies
Your little spies

Crush, crush, crush
Crush, crush
(Two, three, four!)

Nothing compares to a quiet evening alone
Just the one, two, I was just counting on
That never happens, I guess I’m dreaming again
Let’s be more than this

If you want to play it like a game
Well, come on, come on, let’s play
'Cause I’d rather waste my life pretending
Than have to forget you for one whole minute

4 Likes

Time to go to sleep… this year it’s being another disaster for us travel agencies. At my office we have a fraction of the usual workload but the whole load of troubles -moving around Europe still is a bloody mess and lots of Spaniards are demanding domestic holidays… everyone to the same places in the same dates, so prices are high and transportation options dwindle and disappear as everything from planes to boats and railway to rental cars is being booked. Plus, once we manage to find tickets, then airlines reschedule continuously and sometimes just wreck travel plans. All in all, 10% the sales but 100% of the troubles. :woman_facepalming:t2:

Nighties lovelies!

Also: “seeing” is believing…

Radiotelescopes don’t make images, but the informaiton they gather can be visualized as images. So there’s a star with two planets and a planetary ring where something might form or be absorbed by the gas giants, and then one of the gas giants has a moon-making disc around it… all seen through radio waves.

5 Likes

I need to ask questions to myself. I have the answers, but I need to work my way backwards on how I intuitively reached those.

4 Likes

Good morning lovelies!

I promised my wife, I’d love her 24/7.
Today is the day!

=======================
You know you can tell the difference between a boy and a girl ant by putting it in water?

If it sinks, it’s a girl ant. If it floats, it’s buoyant.

4 Likes

The danger of beginning with an answer is that it might dictate what looks like a question for it -then just pick what would make the answer right and ignore or dismiss what would make it wrong. An answer might be the wrong answer for the wrong reasons, or even more dangerous, a wrong answer for what seem legitimate good reasons.

Back in the past, I had to learn to deal with how I lie to myself. And even now too often I really don’t know whether my answers are true or just lies. A collateral damage of depression is that it warps perception to fit itself -being depressed is depressing, it causes depression by driving us to bad thinking and bad behavior. Being depressed surround us with wrong answers which seem so right, for the right reasons, until they’re exposed as lies…

And now I’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: a random Kurzgesagt…

Finding alien life would be horrible news… kind of. Because maybe there’s no filter at all…

4 Likes

Speaking of questions… The video below has one of the most important questions asked in British broadcasting history.

TIMEZONE LOVELIES! :heart:

5 Likes

Note to self/bookmark:

Places mentioned in the book superimposed on today’s world map:

4 Likes