The Like and Get Likes thread III

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

4 Likes

The advice given works. My hair looks incredibly better than before. :flushed:

4 Likes

Huh… that technique is what I’ve been doing for years, first I give a quick clean with generic shampoo to remove any oil and dirt and then I apply the prescription shampoo, massage the scalp and let the shampoo do its work while washing the rest of the body.

And now that we’re sharing Things Everyone Is Doing Wrong… deo should be used before going to sleep, so it can work on your skin all night while you’re resting and then will keep your protected after wakeup as your activity increases.

Time to go to sleep (after applying deo, obviously). Nighties lovelies!

Also: Russian module Pirs from the ISS has been retired and docking is ready for the new Nauka module, due to dock next thursday July the 29th

Meanwhile, on Sunday I tuned in to the live ISS feed and managed to see Tripoli (the capital of Lybia) from space! It’s the first time I see a city from space live… but only because it has a massive harbor and once seeing the harbor I could kind of figure the city had a different shade than the surrounding area.

4 Likes

It is arm.

5 Likes

In my defense, I FIRST saw an arm before wondering why the image was even an issue… then saw it differently.

And now I’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: Yakutsk is at the cold end of world temperature…

…and yet 300,000 people live there and don’t plan to move elsewhere. The place it’s a bloody freezer, but it’s their bloody freezer home.

5 Likes

Sleep is important, sleep quality is “importanter”.

4 Likes

As a Nikon shooter, I found this highly amusing.

5 Likes

The moon list is incomplete:
Saturn has 82 moons . Fifty-three moons are confirmed and named and another 29 moons are awaiting confirmation of discovery and official naming. Saturn’s moons range in size from larger than the planet Mercury — the giant moon Titan — to as small as a sports arena.

Jupiter has 53 named moons and another 26 awaiting official names. Combined, scientists now think Jupiter has 79 moons .

6 Likes

Time to go to sleep… a little earlier than usual, to get a little more rest than usual, I hope. Nighties lovelies!

5 Likes

Good night, Yiole.
Good night, lovelies. :heart:
Live long and prosper. :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

I made everything OK, who knew it would be so simple. :partying_face:

5 Likes

Chop-o-Matic. Smell those fresh chopped walnuts. We had a lot of Raisin Cake when I was a kid.

" Popeil received the Ig Nobel Prize in Consumer Engineering in 1993." Wait. Ron Popeil won an Ig Nobel Prize? :smiley:

Got a copy from the local public library. Good book on sales, and infomercials.

5 Likes

Also: here’s something you’ve never seen before. Neither anyone else but a few thosuands of people… this is metallic water!

Essentially it’s a layer about a micron thick of electrons dissolved in water around a droplet of alkaline metal, and instead of vanishing instantly, the layer just sticks. While it lasts, it’s metallic water, water mollecules surrounded by free electrons trapped in the voids between mollecules much as metal atoms share their outward electrons by trapping them in voids between atoms. The exact properties and potential use of this discovery still are unclear, but this is Science with a capital S: dissolving electrons in water was impossible as the structure of voids that allows it is massively unstable, and now it’s been done with a different approahc and the metallic structure lasts several seconds.

5 Likes

A chart of all known philosophers that existed until modern day and how they are linked by influencing(or having been influenced by) each other:

https://s4n0i.github.io/schoolofathens/

5 Likes

Also: by the powers of 10…

After 10^-14 m (atomic nucleus) it’s quite artist impression; at this scale and below everything is smaller than light and would be affected by being hit by light, thus, the artist just recreates what it would look like… maybe.

6 Likes

At 0:33 he starts chopping celery. Celery was already a big hit back then? Wait! How does he chop ice cubes with such ease?? :scream:

5 Likes

This boy is the closest thing to real life version of Rick Sanchez from “Rick and Morty” TV show:

6 Likes
6 Likes

Time to go to bed… nighties lovelies!

Also: a transparent Soyuz rocket to understand how they feed their engines…

It’s interesting how the second stage is balanced with the kerosene on top of LOx, while the first stage has the kerosene sitting at the bottom. Maybe it’s to balance out the payload…?

6 Likes

But what about ancient egypt? There is history before the greeks.

Greek writers traveled to Egypt to seek knowledge. One of them was Pythagoras of Samos who “was first to bring to the Greeks all philosophy,” according to Isocrates.

Maybe the things egyptians invented were known to the very limited caste of people, and it was calssified and sacred, so not much is known about creators. But if we see the art, writings and buildings of that civilization, and medicine, clearly some very deep thoughts were behind it all. :face_with_monocle: :thinking:

6 Likes