The Like and Get Likes thread III

Did I miss a food discussion? It feels like I missed a food discussion.

5 Likes

Promise Yourself

To be so strong that nothing
can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity
to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel
that there is something in them
To look at the sunny side of everything
and make your optimism come true.

To think only the best, to work only for the best,
and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others
as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past
and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times
and give every living creature you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself
that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear,
and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world,
not in loud words but great deeds.
To live in faith that the whole world is on your side
so long as you are true to the best that is in you.

-Christian D. Larson

5 Likes

Time to go to bed already passed, but i’m going to have a sleep anyway. Nighties lovelies!

Also: spinning rockets into space…?

It makes sense, but, wow the engineering challenges… if they succeed and companies begin taking on this chance to launch satellites able to stand 10,000 G for a launch without tons of propellant, this could be a game changer.

4 Likes

They can stand forces of 10,000 G even when exposed to them for a whole day. It just takes them 6-7 weeks to self-recalibrate the system. Satellites are resilient like that.

Timezone lovelies. :heart:

4 Likes

I don’t know about you folk, but I’m just excited for alliance tournament goodness.

5 Likes

Is today the final day? I thought it was sunday. There are very few matches left according to:
https://challonge.com/atxvii

I predicted Hydra winning correctly, but I didn’t get any points lol.

4 Likes

I don’t follow no sports, and when I don’t follow sports, one of those I don’t follow is EVE Online’s Alliance Tournament. :grin:

And now, i’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: can a new fuel be a solution to climate change?

The answer is a tiny “yes, maybe”, but the technical challenges are massive. Alkaline metals aren’t neither easy to obtain nor easy to handle.

5 Likes

I have heard it’s pretty good.

5 Likes

I just remembered the EVE AT and tuned in. The tournament is almost at its final match.

4 Likes

Time for bed… nighties lovelies!

Also: on november 14th 1971…

Mariner 9 not only proved that missions orbiting other bodies were feasible, but also that the concept was superior to fly-bys as Mariner 9’s mission was delayed for two months while the global dust storm on Mars subsided.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: the Doomsday Algorithm!

Yes, i too was expecting something else before watching the video, but anyway its a funny thing and makes a nice party trick… :grin:

5 Likes

The king of the ogres’ face resemble the ambassador/messenger from Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction cinematic a bit. AITOO who sees a likeness?

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

4 Likes

This reminds me that there was a time when some parts of expositions were available only to selected scientific crowd.
Looks like thare wasnt anything in the past that you couldnt imagine, what humands could do, write, or paint. Its like Internet changed nothing really, maybe made everything more exposed, but its also censored.

6 Likes

Time to go to sleep… Nighties lovelies!

Also: 127 qubits? Why not 128? :thinking:

So far the field of quantum computing is in the stage of “mine is bigger than yours” and “somebody please figure stuff to do with this thing”. Quantum software is very primitive and so far all uses for quantum computing are highly experimental and have little value to anything else than keep figuring what can quantum computing do and what kind of algorithms can be applied to quantum computing.

5 Likes

maybe they could start predicting future with those?

who knows…

This is quite too “good” to be true:

5 Likes

I don’t have anything to share today.
Good night, lovelies. :heart:

5 Likes

4 Likes

Well… that sounds plausible… but, how many H do they store per mass of absorbtion film? Do they have a working prototype? Has that prototype been peer reviewed or independently tested?

Also… how do they plan to scrub atomic hydrogen from sources where it is combined with oxygen? The whole deal breaker with Hydrogen as a secondary source of energy is that it’s always combined with other sheete and when that sheete is oxygen (aka, “water”) the bond between atoms takes a fuckton energy to break, and that energy is actually larger than the energy emitted when the bond is restored. Thus by burning hydrogen you only get a fraction of the energy required to split it from oxygen (otherwise, water would be combustible…).

Questions, questions…

4 Likes

What is unclear is probably the reason why it isnt already produced and used for years. The regeneration would probably involve clear hydrogen and that would not be as clean process as imagined. It doesnt even look practical on those generated images. I await a video about it being a scam that claimed things that never will work as described.

4 Likes