The Like and Get Likes thread III

4 Likes

Incredible how it all is visible when certain algorith is applied, in this case motion amplification.

4 Likes

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

5 Likes

Wow, that’s a clever idea! And certainly factories and other business running mechanical contraptions will be interested to learn this kind of stuff, what’s moving and shouldn’t or what’s moving as supposed but in the wrong way. I envy the guy who started the company doing this stuff, kudos for originality and finding a constructive and helpful way to earn a living!

And now after watching this educational video, I’m going to bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: I’m not sure whether the numbers for Spain are 100% accurate, but…

…truly my country has had a troubled political history. :grin:

4 Likes

Satisfying :slight_smile:

5 Likes

ITS FRIDAY!

:partying_face:

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: well, it didn’t take long for thunderf00t to answer the viewers’ request on SpinLaunch…

Sooo… the test projectile (missile?) exited the centrifuge with a sideways motion and started tumbling as soon as it was in the air, thus it kind of went… nowhere? Also the prospect of the centrifuge suffering a RUD* at thousands of rpm is scary… :cold_sweat:

*Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly

5 Likes

Bearings could be actually sealed completely inside the case, but the amount of force when motion is changed from rotation to being released and going is the real issue. Every minimal deviation or timing not right would be disastrous. Its very dangerous for that reason.

4 Likes

At least students in Spain possibly don’t get bored during history class due to the richness of the events in the past of their country. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Also: quadrupedal robots armed with authomatic weapons, nothing to see here…

Color me undecidad… The company just sees/sales them as tools for dangerous jobs, but there’s a slippery slope over there. Not so long ago, Israel intelligence used a remotely operated machinegun to kill a scientist working for Iran. Now put legs and navigation and movement control systems on that machinegun and… :thinking:

5 Likes

https://hypnogram.xyz

Page where you can type stuff and AI will generate image showing stuff you described in text.

4 Likes

Sometimes it generates fast, sometimes slow and sometimes it doesn’t at all. Otherwise it is an interesting tool.

3 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Also: what did the Hubble Space Telescope see on a day like your birthday…?

On March 31 in 1997
Interacting Galaxies AM 0500-620
AM 0500-620 includes a pair of galaxies, with one spiral galaxy seen nearly face-on that is partially backlit by a background galaxy. These interacting galaxies are located 350 million light-years away in the constellation Dorado.

March 1997? Back then I was 23… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

GM Burnout.

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assh*les.”

― William Gibson

(23:25)

Love that quote. Say…it’s the beginning of the holiday season.

5 Likes

Lucky person, or it was something like a 6th sense…

5 Likes

…he backpedals when something happens on the lower deck… being aware of surroundings is a useful skill! :grin:

(And now I’m in the right place to go to sleep, since my bed is opposite to the desk where I computer and I can just do a 180º with my office chair and walk to the bed. Nighties lovelies!

Also: you didn’t KNOW nor REMEMBER it, you just GOOGLED it…

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/43/e2105061118#sec-1

On the other hand, knowing a lot of stuff on your own also makes easier to find further information on the Internet… :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

5 Likes

A good thing is to know what to look for. Sometimes someone can be unaware that the solution exists, and is simpler than thought about.

5 Likes

Exactly. In order to know what’s up with, say, all those damned Siberian Elm (UlmusPumila) trees planted in my city Barcelona, it helps to actually know that those trees are called Siberian Elm, and a wiki later I learn that they were first intoduced to Europe by Spain in the 1500s and have been since a popular choice because they grow fast, have a thick shade, birds love their fruits and tolerate poor soils. The “damned” part is their habit to have brittle wood and be prone to rot if damaged, which leads to broken limbs and even split trunks each now and then when strong winds hit the city (not often, but a few days each year).

And now, i’m off to bed earlier than usual. Finished watching “Snowpiercer” and battles at War Thunder have been more obnoxious than usual so i’m calling it quits. Nighties lovelies!

Also: UFOs aren’t a topic inviting to take them seriously…

…let alone when Rémi Gaillard takes the topic in his hands.

5 Likes