The Like and Get Likes thread III

A festival to end all festivals:
https://www.whenwewereyoungfestival.com/

Hayley is going to be there too! :grin:

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep. nighties lovelies!

Also: could two people repopulate Earth…?

Probably yes, or maybe not, but IMHO they should get rid of any “defective” children with a penchant for torture and murder, lest mankind die to the hands of a single psycho whose parents didn’t dare to stop in time.

6 Likes

Once again it’s this time of the day, and i’m saying: nighties lovelies!

But also: a homage to 1977’s master work “Powers of 10”

They rebuild the scale upwards, from 1 meter to 10^26 meters and the point we really don’t know whether there’s more universe or what. It’s missing to make the opposite travel, downards toward the smaller and smaller…

5 Likes

Since Copernicus we know that we are not the center of the universe. Discovery of other galaxies only assured us. Saying that there were, are, and will be many worlds constructed similarly to ours is not an overstatement anymore.

There may be many such universes like ours, there may be even infinite number. Of course we will never know for sure, but who can assure us and show proof that it isnt truth? Nobody, at least now. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I don’t know what this thread is about so I thought I would leave this here. My favorite Marvel character.
1a036c781d351696d7453e4a47b396a2

8 Likes

just posting random things, not eve related and getting likes for stuff.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Well, it is sausage.

“Though the sausage worked, skittish Millie raced off again…”

8 Likes

Well, in a way we are in the center of the Universe… the Observable Universe, aka the parts of the Universe whose light has had the time to reach us. We don’t know whether there is a center of the universe nor how large actually is the universe, we only know what we can see and that reaches a few hundred thousands of years after the Big Bang. Anything further, the universe isn’t old enough for its light to reach us.

But now imagine travelling faster than light… imagine, maybe, even a kind of “FTL radio” which civilizations can just discover, turn on a prototype and suddenly communicate with other civilizations from all over the universe… could the collective civilizations of the universe determinate the size of the universe, its center, and who’s closer to the edge, if there is an edge…?

FTL radio, Ursula k. LeGuin’s “ansible”, would both connect us and expose us. Would it be wise when we don’t know how paranoid is the average alien civilization…? What if hostility is so prevalent that civilizations flinge near-c impactors at each other, to wipe them ouf of existence before they become a threat…?

Time to go to sleep. Nighties lovelies!

Also: there’s a Kurzgesagt on why looking for aliens might not be a good idea…

“Oh look, a stranger… BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!” :face_with_spiral_eyes:

6 Likes

A civilization that goes from star to another star to meet another civilization in space is an advanced civilization. Doing that to fight is a stupid idea. They could always fight each other and completely annihiliate each other every day they lived. Instead, something else could have happened, like peace, so they had time to cooperate, to create, to not be afraid of each other and ultimately other civilizations, having ultimate power, but using it sparingly and only towards individuals they judged are a danger to themselves and others. Banishing and insulating every entity not intelligent enough to avoid confrontation with force.

Not a war, but policing.

6 Likes

The thing to take in consideration is not only universes, but also dimensions. Dimensions can be seen as…analogically…different countries of the world, so to speak. Every country is similar to each other but have borders that defines their sizes, roads and different laws (some have even different laws of physics). But all dimensions have 5 laws that are prevalent everywhere(that means ALL dimensions). Those are:

1. You exist
  2. Everything is here and now
  3. The one is the all and all are the one
  4. What you put out is what you get back
  5. Everything changes except the first 4 laws

The existence of UFOs is beyond the shadow of a doubt. Since even NASA scientists study it with giving historic evidences in a paper uploaded onto the NASA website.

The reason we haven’t been “attacked”(such a strong word) yet is because we are being protected by ETs from the other, malicious intented ones. Just like we protect the “Uncontacted Tribes” on our planet.

There is a high probability that open contact from ETs might occur as early as 2023-2033(it may extend to 2040 depending on our world’s progress in being humans).

5 Likes

This is no “dark side”. The far side of the moon still receives about 14 days of sunlight a month.

6 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: from UFO to “FO”…

Quite interesting how they find out what it really was (upon proving that the images are real)

5 Likes

It is unrelated but I just learned that Tifa Lockhart from Final Fantasy 7 made an appearance in the Italian parliament. I also did further research that it is not uncommon for that legislative body to have such controversies related to the world’s oldest profession…tsk tsk tsk.

EDIT:
I can’t express my anger enough for this outrage:

HOW DARE THEY?!

5 Likes

Human!

5 Likes

Good to see RC is still alive and kicking.

5 Likes

Also: …engage!

I didn’t know that there were so many films/series about star Trek… back in ancient times I watched TNG and part of Voyager, and more recently also watched some Enterprise…

5 Likes

But before…

Also: the JWST? It’s over there at L2, can’t miss…

https://blogs.nasa.gov/webb/2022/01/24/orbital-insertion-burn-a-success-webb-arrives-at-l2/

…now JWST will keep cooling to its work temperature before start doing science.

5 Likes

Nothing went wrong. :partying_face: All those years were not wasted in the end.

Meanwhile, at the dark side of poland: Chropaczów

And a steam powered bicycle, somewhere…

5 Likes

Also: not my cup of tea but…

…surely it haves its public willing to pay 200 euros for it.

5 Likes