The Like and Get Likes thread III

Appears so, Yiole, appears so.

I finished watching the first season of Money Heist. It ended in a cliffhanger, like all successful shows. The Professor is in a pickle, so is his team. He is a guy who normally has a plan B, or C, or D, or E, or F, but he seems to be exhausting the letters of the alphabet quite quickly. At this pace he might have to switch to Hiragana, Katakana and even Kanji !!! :crazy_face:

Timezone lovelies. :heart:

5 Likes

6 Likes

Clever design… I guess the “head” holds glasses and cups too… :grin:

And now I’m off to bed, quite late. Bighties lovelies!

Also: this is another level in “bringing the wrecking machine…”

I don’t know what the team is actually developing, but sure they’re having fun crushing 3D cars…

5 Likes

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: let’s do a thing just because we can!

…I guess it takes some time to find the right distance to grab the clubs… :grin:

5 Likes

I imagine they are developing it as a tech for games that they will be able to sell to companies, like for example to racing games or destruction derby remake or midtown madness remake, or monster truck madness…

5 Likes

or Carmageddon 2 remake! That game was hella fun and had crysis level crush mechanics for its time!

5 Likes

Illusion. See if you can spot it the first time.

6 Likes

7 Likes

I noticed something funny with the book shelves but since I also switched to playing the video on YT I was focused looking for stuff “out of place”. Certainly our brain doesn’t expects room contents changing out of nowhere… :thinking:

5 Likes

They ivented a way to waste more money and energy and make your life less green, just by shredding the bio waste in your house, and they advertise it as something completely opposite to what it is, truly remarkable :face_holding_back_tears:

6 Likes

Yes, that device turns food scraps into dehydrated food powder, which will decay anyway once rehydrated, and in the process the proud Lomi user will waste 0.75 kw/h to do the grinding & drying.

Totally worth 7 million CAD on Kickstarter! :roll_eyes:

Meanwhile, I’ll go to sleep. I will do my share by turning food into ATF, heat, waste, water and CO2 and generally staying alive another day. Until tomorrow, nighties lovelies!

Also: those days when China uses a satellite as a tug to remove from orbit a dead satellite…

…and everybody wonders what would happen if a satellite being tugged out of orbit wasn’t neither dead, nor Chinese… :cold_sweat:

5 Likes

Sunday is over and so the weekend… so I go to sleep and say: nighties lovelies!

Also: is it better to walk or to run under the rain…?

TL,DR: really, don’t overthink it and do whatever you feel like. Or just walk/run under cornices and/or eaves, or even trees if rain just started, and try to not be under the rain on your way to your destination. :umbrella:

5 Likes

Its bad time for buying islands. :thinking:

6 Likes

True story: here in my city Barcelona there’s a whole neighborhood built on sandy soil built up after linking the shore to a small island with a dike back in the 1600s. Since the neighborhood is by the harbor, it is sheltered from the sea by the harbor breakwaters, but a popular legend says that same as the sea brought in the sand and soil to rise the Barceloneta above the sea, someday the sea will come and take it back… “water always comes back.” :slightly_smiling_face:

And now I’m off to sleep, or so i try. Nighties lovelies!

Also: another Chinese selfie from Mars, to celebrate lunar new year…

The camera is mounted on a “selfie stick” built with a memory alloy so it was folded until heated, then it unfolded and extended to its previous form. This is also the first time we see a spacecraft orbiting Mars.

6 Likes

I’m thinking of Dubai’s two palm and world islands.

5 Likes

For additional irony, part of the Barceloneta neighborhood is behind one of the most popular beaches in the city, whcih like other urban beaches suffers damage with each large storm despite different breakwaters and other waterworks to mitigate tha loss of sand. The sea is actively trying to retake the place one storm at a time and without human intervention probably would be gone in a couple centuries, specially since the natural “conveyor” streamss carrying sand along the shore have been disrupted to death and most of the beaches in Catalonia and Barcelona tend to lose sand.

And now I’m off to bed, so… nighties lovelies!

5 Likes

6 Likes

Here we go again.

5 Likes

Don’t worry, I got you babe

6 Likes

It’s late to go to sleep, but it’s not too late to say good night… nighties lovelies!

Also: in case that you want to USSR your Blender…

Procedural generator of Khrushchyovkas, Brezhnevkas and other Soviet brutalist human hives.

6 Likes