The Like and Get Likes thread III

Time to go to sleep… nighties lovelies!

Also: Mechas of all sizes…

…including those days when screen writers should have stopped having what they were having. Seriously.

7 Likes

Today is a new day! :smiling_face:
Timezone lovelies. :heart:

I love how Ventrilo phonetic names were abused back in 2004-2006.
Every time a person joined/left the server and/or channel, Microsoft Sam of Windows would announce that person like:
“Alisha44 has joined the server.”
“Alisha44 has joined the channel.”
That was how normal people would use it for, right?

Then there were individuals having a very long and annoying phonetic name and would join/leave the server spammingly:

“rightsquarebracketleftsquarebracketrightsquare. . . . . .(45 seconds of repetition) has joined/left the server.”
The person spamming it caused such a cacaphony, because the voip software had no option to stop/mute it on the go, people in the server were screaming in agony for the torture to stop, lol. Some users would stay disconnected for 2-3 mins and rejoin as a counter measure.

Then in later versions(or was it for MacOS?) a female voice as an alternative to Microsoft Sam was introduced. The voice sounded so posh, rolling the syllables in its mouth, that it used to crack me every time I heard it.

Don’t get me started on text-to-voice macros.

Anyone remember Ventrilo?

Good old days… :nerd_face:

7 Likes

I think I used it once or twice before playing eve online. There was also teamspeak. Teamspeak is still used by some eve players.

6 Likes

I really shouldn’t be at my computer this time of day. But somewhat my computer session has gone long without me noticing as I was planning the location and outer structure of my next home at Chimeraland. Nighties lovelies!

Also: a paper & pencil rolpelaying game based on Blade Runner? How long could take to get financing…?

…say, 3 minutes? And then keep getting pledges up to 110x the original goal…?

7 Likes

Darn. I shouldn’t watch interesting YT channels after a looong gaming session… nighties lovelies!

Also: this is one of the most interesting videos I’ve come across in some time

I’m still trying to get my insctinctive grasp on how stuff works about why water adhered to solids experiences pressure. Maybe it’s because pressure overcomes surface tension…? I won’t be satisfied until I see in my mind HOW does that happen!

5 Likes

Hello old friends! I hope you’ve been well. :slight_smile: Good to see you’re still around. All good?

6 Likes

Hello. I am good.

Seen this giant dandelion?

Its like a small dandelion, but very big and on a huge stalk. Looks like not only small animals grow big on islands, its also small plants that start growing bigger.

5 Likes

Hello! I’ll talk on my behalf. I’m doing well. I hope everything is working out for you.

5 Likes

:thinking:

5 Likes

Time to go to bed… nighties lovelies!

Also: admittedly, this being a Chinese development moves it towards “scarier than amazinger”…

I mean, it’s not as if this technology could be used without much respect for the target’s rights and liberties, huh?

6 Likes

That high pitched sound those drones make is like from a horror movie.

ATTACK OF THE MURDEROUS DRONE SWARM!

You can run, but you cant hide!

6 Likes

And now i’m going to sleep. It’s the most notorious thing I do when my day ends… which probably is good, compared to sealing a bomb shelter, and bad, compared to falling asleep as soon as your head htis the pillow. Nighties lovelies!

Also: if they’re American, their disregard for Spanish is interesting, to put it somehow…

Meet something called RadioCaca, which to Spanish speaking people (half a billion native speakers plus some 100 million non-native speakers in the world) means literally “RadioPoop”. :radio: :poop:

Which, RadioCaca being some NFT metaverse blokchain thing, is quite descriptive… :thinking:

6 Likes

And now as usual, i’m going to bed and try to catch some sleep. Nighties lovelies!

Also: how would you sound to animals…?

…just take the whole critical flicker fusion frequency thing with a pinch of salt, since it is unclear whether different parts of the brain process information at different rates, and let alone what CFFF may mean to other animals.

7 Likes

End fo the day, nigties time… Nighties lovelies!

Also: not a fair battle, not at all

Spartans were outnumbered by 1 to 1 million, since the other 2,399 Chuck Norrises were just Norris moving so fast the system thought there was 2,400 instances of him

7 Likes

7 Likes

Time to go to sleep…but before I will share something interesting I found today. Nighties lovelies!

Also: straight from the past 40 years ago…

…VCRs, laser discs and the video tape format war, 1981 edition. “Up to 7 different, incompatible tape formats…”. then the cheapest, good-enough, non-sequestered format won and VHS ruled for over a decade.

I remember the first VHS tape I watched. Was at my uncles’ for Xmas and they played the Bond film “Octopussy”, which back then was a novelty so maybe it was 1984…?

(Yes, it probably was 1984. Back then the TV cartoon Inspector Gadget was on TV, and in Spain it was broadcast 1983 to 1986).

6 Likes

Back in the mid 90’s I used to have this misconception that the cd players would also read the TOP part of the CD. That’s why when I accidentally peeled off the sticker from the GPS map cd and half of the remains of sticker white was left, I got upset and put the cd away. This was before the internet and nobody knew how CDs actually worked. You just slide it into the player and it starts playing. :crazy_face:

It has been a long time since I last posted a Hayley pic. Here’s a different style:

Classy…

This video cracks me up every time I watch and notice new details:

Good night, lovelies. :heart:

6 Likes

Just droping by to say good night. Or: nighties lovelies!

7 Likes

Making spaceships.

7 Likes

Just another night. Nighties lovelies!

Also: never underestimate the power of La Chancla

I was such a boring good kid that nobody ever hit me with anything… but my granma asking “should I take off my slipper?” made wonders to stop bitching and bickering from me. :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

6 Likes