The like and get likes thread

Yes I am safe, trouble it’s been for those blocking the poll stations and defending the ballot boxes… all of them in favor of “Yes” and all in my family have voted “No” to independence. It’s a complex situation because “Yes” are in a organized minority and the majority of population either doesn’t wants or doesn’t cares about independence… it’s about 40/60 but the 60 are not organized in any way. Thus the only campaign has been for “Yes” as there hasn’t been a campaign for “No”… among many irregularities.

11 Likes

Wow, at work we’re monitoring international events, and that came up. it looks like sheer chaos. At least you’re ok.

11 Likes

Someone else wants it too. Also, lots of “tourists” over there… “Be wary of foreigners who come to your lands claiming you’ll be stronger alone.” I know they are over there doing their thing.

12 Likes

What a long exausting day… I’m off to bed. Nighties lovelies!

12 Likes

Night beautiful.

I’ve been talking with some friends lately, I’m starting my career as a filmmaker and have a whole superhero universe I want to make, but my issue is the genre is oversaturated, and I’ve had a huge issue modern superhero films (even though I still freaking pay to see them, ugh)

one of my friends is a writer and she worked with me on determining what my issue with those films are, the characters and it helped me realize what I wanted to do. It worked super well for another filmmaker, so it should logically pan out. I still want to write crime thrillers though, even though I suck at writing crime lol.

I did turn into a private detective for a day though, I was shocked at how much I found out. I found out my sister was sued by the community development manager of a nearby city for a false injury, he got nothing out of it and actually got divorced shortly after. He was married within a year but I now know who he is MUAHAHAHA

11 Likes

Its funny how it flails its arms. Like a child that learns walking.
Maybe if we would evolve again from zero, we would flail arms this way while running and that would be considered normal? :thinking:

Nini. :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

I love that video a lot, it’s pretty awesome to see how fast it learns

11 Likes

No.

It’s typical AI, the flailing of arms which is ‘learned’ from probably the “balance analysis routine” but it will never improve from that. On occasion it will break out of that node [edit: typical is repeat of “bad solution” classified as “good solution” by the AI]. However rarely it will select something different random that might be even worse. AI is always limited to the observation values. No computer program will think, but will simulate thinking. The only way AI will be something is when most of us are becoming extremely retarded, then AI might be on par with humans for menial tasks, and even then it lacks a lot that can’t be possible done within the first thousand years as we are limited to the current technology (input, storage, processing).

11 Likes

are you secretly mr. robot?

12 Likes

No.

PS: And i’m also not “Miss Robot”, the one you can feel from the inside. :wink:

12 Likes

11 Likes

Timezone o/

Apparently it works for AI and it doesnt have bad or good on its mind, just what works. That can be a warning. AI can do what works, even if its considered bad by humans. So I think that psychopathy or sociopathy would be a real danger when it comes to highly advanced AI patterns. Some AI learning a bad language? Check. AI learning that you have to eliminate opponent to take his possesions? Check. AI learning that humans are obsolete, only consuming resources that could be used for AI? Check?

11 Likes

Looks like thats where demoscene went after all those years. :joy::ok_hand:

11 Likes

AI hasn’t been taught to carry stuff in its arms, nor cares about how tiring is to flail your arms for balance. It is just solving the problem that it’s been tasked with: use your sensors, legs and arms to go from A to B. Probably they could add extra decission nodes to simulate energy proficency, or account for the torso as a mean to keep balance.

11 Likes

Whats this? one night has passed and not a single “Features and Ideas” thread thats new to possibly faceplant at how bad the idea is most of the time?

I must be dreaming!

11 Likes

Maybe they finally caught on to how stupid they are. But I suppose that’s nothing but wishful thinking.

10 Likes

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” - Arthur Schopenhauer.

It is given a simple instruction without further constraints (e.g. fatigue) and then works from there. It is a simplified scenario, not one that reflects reality. Change the parameters and the AI will adapt.

That’s just plain wrong.

I would argue that any biological creature with a brain is no different from that.

Already the case.

1. This is so far removed from actual reality that the only possible answer I could give to that is: Why the ■■■■ are you talking about things you obviously don’t understand absolutely anything about?
  2. See my Schopenhauer quote above.
10 Likes

:ok_hand:
Prepare for The Singularity.

11 Likes

Are you making fun of me?

10 Likes

Who of you can figure out why that is a huge problem? Bonus points if you’re a city dweller.

10 Likes