The like and get likes thread

Did you try licking it? It is very…refreshing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

:skull_and_crossbones:

10 Likes

See…refreshing…

11 Likes

I have licked only few batteries in my life, I am afraid of the electric current actually.

11 Likes

I grabbed an electric fence once, I just had to know how it would feel…
It was strange :thinking:

11 Likes

I would not advise doing that here in poland. Some people are dumb enough to put wires in the AC socket. :cold_sweat:

I happen to know a trick for checking if there is a current in a wire. You have to touch it with the back of your hand, the right one. Muscles contract and the arm will move away from the wire.

As specified a few times in this question (thanks @Michael Martinez), using the back of the hand is for safety. An electric shock can cause muscles to clench. If you place your hand around the wire and get shocked then you risk being unable to unclench your hand. Using the back of the hand, with the palm away from any wires, means that if a shock clenches your muscles then your hand and arm move away from the wires.

I have used it once, and it was indeed as described, my arm was in pain tho, for a few minutes.

But I dont advise on touching any wires, anywhere.

11 Likes

11 Likes

I helped this guy outta my car. Creepy as ever but too cool to kill. The white thing on its back had a skulls face etched into it. Pretty bad ass.

10 Likes

“Volts hurt, Amperes kill” was what the teacher told us. A typical discharge of static electricity haves a potential of between 15,000 and 50,000 volts, but the intensity is so low that it barely stings a bit. Whereas a typical hallogenic bulb operating at 12 volts carries enough amperes to give you a cardiac arrest if you touch the wires when it’s lit.

Volts are akin to speed (they are not actual speed, but it’s good enough for the simile). If a building gets hit by one gnat at Mach 1, barely nothing happens: high speed, little mass. Whereas amperes are like mass (they aren’t exactly mass, but the number of electrons on the move.) Hit a building with ten billion gnats at 10 km/h and there’ll no longer be a building…

11 Likes

In a way I want this to happen too

The woman is the CEO of Youtube case you don’t know, and the dreaded yellow monetization disabled icon that hits every single content creator to date lol

11 Likes

You need archeology lvl 1 to understand this. :thinking:

12 Likes

Is Carbon even remotely useful? I never found a use to it

11 Likes

Well, carbon dioxide is useful for breathing, without it there wouldn’t be enough partial pressure in the lungs to drive oxygen into the bloodstream.

11 Likes

I mean ingame sorry :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I have seen Charon scams when I played in beginning. But not now.

I am also making jetissoned containers with them to leave a short message in space.

11 Likes

Charon, Carbon… The similarities are there in the name thats for sure lol

11 Likes

From the “internal combustion engine is dead” series:

Alfa Romeo Giulia
vs
Aston Martin DB11
vs
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
vs
Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
vs
Ferrari 488 GTB
vs
Lexus LC500
vs
McLaren 570GT
vs
Mercedes Benz AMG GTR
vs
Nissan GT-R Nismo
vs
Porsche 718 Cayman S
vs
Porsche 911 Turbo S
vs
Tesla Model S P100D

The Tesla pulled clear all of its length ahead of the other cars before they even started moving. And mind you, that electric beast weights half a ton more than any of its competitors.

11 Likes

80 GB in files

Zip > 70 GB

7z [LZMA2] > 23 GB

7z wins like always :tada:

10 Likes

Tesla was standing there like: “Hi, I am from future” :wink:

10 Likes

lol, well I happened to know the fence in question was for horses and did not contain a current large enough to cause harm, I am a bit crazy but not stupid :rofl:

@Yiole_Gionglao is right, amps cause friction in the body as the current passes through you, a persons own resistance to electricity can make them more or less likely to be harmed (less resistance is good). Volts are not a good judge of weather or not current will be harmful, you can be zapped by extremely high volts and be fine if the amps are low.

I did not blindly grab said electric fence hehe, but…I did want to know how it would feel, if the horses must feel it sometimes then why should I not know what it is like :thinking:

10 Likes