The like and get likes thread

Still banned :frowning:

9 Likes

Soon it will end. Mine ended just the same day when it said 14 days passed from receiving ban.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/08/21/544191316/to-get-calcium-navajos-burn-juniper-branches-to-eat-the-ash
How did they know that eating this ash is good for them? It evades my understanding.

9 Likes

For another 3 days or soā€¦

9 Likes

9 Likes

So, Iā€™m getting an SSD in a day, and I thought Iā€™d ask you more knowledgeable computer gamers, how big a difference does it make for items loaded on it? Iā€™ve only ever used an HDD and a flash drive one timeā€¦

9 Likes

You should use SSD basically for your OS. It makes computer startup very fast, but as for other home software, it doesnā€™t makes a lot of difference, specially for anything that requires internet to work.

Some specialyzed software takes advantage of SSD, but that willd epend of each case. Also, since SSD elements have a limited lifespan (long, but limited) it is better to donā€™t load it with software that writes and reads a lot. For storage uses, regular HDDs are a better option.

10 Likes

Maybe they saw some animal eat them. Maybe they noticed that using that wood in a way that made them eat it was healthier. Maybe a ā€œspecialā€ one ate it and stayed healthy while everybody else was sick.

Everything is possible with tens of thousands of human beings over hundreds and thousands of yearsā€¦ in matters of knowledge, you need to be lucky just once.

8 Likes

For the same reason as to how people figured out that making apple-less apple pie with crackers tastes like normal apple pie (or was it chips, I forget, but it wasnā€™t apples, I know that). And the same reason I mixed mac and cheese with ramen noodles and cookie flavored popcorn.

I should never be allowed to cook for events :smiley:

8 Likes

It makes all the difference for World of Warcraft. The game was installed on my HDD which I took care not to bloat it and keep it defragmented. The load times were horrible. When I hearthstoned to Dalaran,or entered a raid dungeon, it took 30 to 45 seconds to load. But when I bought Samsungā€™s 750 EVO 250 GB,the load times got as short as 5 seconds. Thus,other playersā€™ scolding me for not catching up in dungeons ceased.

I agree with Yiole on an SSD should be the system drive. But you could still buy a 250 GB one and have the most load intensive games installed on it(120gb is too cramped for any use). The product I mentioned above is as cheap as $219.99 if you purchase using USD currency.

9 Likes

Thanks for all the info guys and gals

8 Likes

Dammit, Internet is a little frightening sometimes. Today Iā€™ve opened my personal webmail and on the advertisements bar they were displaying an advert for a hotel which I had been looking at my workplace for a client. And somehow, the information that I was looking for that hotel in my job, has ended up at my home webmail. A little frightening, because one would think that your professional persona and the ā€œprivateā€ internet personas are, at least, discernible. If I start receiving advertisements on every hotel I look for, every flight I search and every site I browse for information, my web experience is gonna become funnyā€¦ appalling but funny. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Good night,lovelies. :heart:

8 Likes

Work (Both Car and actual work) went great today. No complaints. Struts easy off easy on. Helps that Iā€™ve done the exact car 4 times.

8 Likes

Long day, time to go to bed. Nighties lovelies!

8 Likes

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:/

Amazing what can GPU become.
8 Likes

Good morning LAGLers!

Hereā€™s a thing I didnā€™t knew about Icelandersā€¦ apparently they are LOUD. AMERICAN LEVEL LOUD. :rofl:

8 Likes

Sometimes, you just come across a perfect LAGL video.

If you have 40 minutes and donā€™t know how to spend them well, this is the perfect video:

Thereā€™s more to marble racing than it seems, wait until past the qualificationsā€¦ :wink:

8 Likes

Oh, it looks like some kind of pachinko machine in a sand environment. :thinking:

8 Likes

Iā€™m sick and tired of all this ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . There is a computer dealer with shops all across the country called ā€œVATANā€ in our country. When the prices rise abroad,they raise their own instantly. When it falls down,they NEVER EVER lower the prices. They also have poor PR department. We canā€™t buy from other tech companies because they are a monopoly and I feel helpless.

For example; an ASUS 1080Ti graphics card is currently $869.99 on Newegg with the price of $5 shipping.
On VATANā€™s website the exact same graphics card is listed $1100 BEFORE taxes,shipping and profit margin. After calculating tax,shipping and profit, the price spikes up to $1,292.23 !!! BUT WAIT! Thereā€™s more! Multiply that number with 3.80 to get it exchanged to the local currency and youā€™ll get 4.953,85 TRY. The minimum wage in my country is 1.603,12 TRY.

VATAN should be renamed as ā€œ21st Century Standard Oilā€!

9 Likes

p.s.: I forgot to add that VATAN buys from ASUS directly. Just like Newegg does.

9 Likes