The like and get likes thread

We pale people have to expose our skin less to sun. UV can damage our skin because there is not much natural filter in it initially. I actually heard that hair darkens with time, but it also can become gray, so I dont know what to think. :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

I was just jesting. Lord was disappointed to learn that Jessica Castish married last year, and then the conversation was about how attractive are redheads and freckled women, and I played Yiole-the-brunette-militant to claim that brunettes are better than redheads.

Then Aaron took it too seriously and said that freckles are healthy, but they’re not and thus freckled people should wear sunscreen as freckles point that their skin is getting damaged but can’t defend itself. Which is no news, summarizes as “pale an fair skinned people must wear sunscreen when outdoors”

And this is LAGL after all. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

//me has a natural and permanent tan :blush:

10 Likes

Hi, I dont wish to spoil the great vibe in this thread. I guess people will always have different views based on their personal experiences and what they’ve seen. I’m happy to leave it there if you want to :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Lighter pigments and the cells producing them get more damage from the sun, so over time darker pigments survive longer. Redheads also have the issue that sexual hormones damage the cells producing the lighter red pigment, a deffective version of the reddish brown pigment, and thus they tend to lose some of those cells as they mature. And then, the survivors age badly and die and let darker pigments take over.

A different matter is hydrogen peroxide, a toxic waste from metabolysm that needs to be removed from the cells yet over time the ability to remove it from the cells involved in hair diminishes and it bleaches the pigment, rendering the hair colorless.

The natural color of the components of hair is slightly yellowish, although changes with the hair thickness and the presence of microelements like metals.

9 Likes

No hard feelings, enjoy the sh*tposting! :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

We dont have much sun here, and its cold for most of the year, so its actually hard to get a tan. I suppose its just a natural thing, pale skin needs less UV to get vitamins D from sun exposure.

10 Likes

We have plenty of sun where I am atm, I grew up in it, so perhaps has much to do with having a resistance to the sun. It is cold part of the year, so I use sunscreen for a few days after that, then I no longer burn/tan/freckle. The sun gets intense enough to surprise people from cali, so I know it is not weak either.

9 Likes

Yes, and actually people with darker skins are recommended to take dietary suplement of vitamin D when they live far north like Scandinavia, as they may not get enough UV to trigger the production of vitamin.

10 Likes

I am not using sunscreen, I just hide in shadow. :joy:

10 Likes

lol, that makes it hard to swim though :open_mouth:

9 Likes

LOL, stop, it hurts when i laugh too much…

10 Likes

Ah, so this is you!

10 Likes

But can swim indoors… :swimming_woman:

Edit: and by night!

9 Likes

Blech, I like to swim in natural water, pools are only if desperate.

Edit: One must swim day and night, or it is not enough swimming.

9 Likes

No, more like this:

:wink:

9 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

One simply does not swim in fresh water lakes/ponds in Florida unless you have a death wish.

Of course there is always the ocean but then there are sharks and stingrays.

9 Likes

The EVE forums are bad for my mental health. Too many illiterate dunning-krugers running around.
I think it would be best if I were just to quit the forums and stick to Hackernews discussions.

9 Likes