The like and get likes thread

Work all done. Time to play. But what… Hmmmm

9 Likes

Do as I, stick to OOPE. It’s the nicest part of the forums.

Where else would you get a like for saying: Nighties, lovelies!?

Also: after 82 successful launches, Arianespace (kind of) botched a Ariane 5 launch.

http://spaceflight101.com/ariane-5-va241/va241-anomaly-update-scenario/

They lost track of the launcher on mission VA241 as its path azimuth tilted way out of the designed path (true bearign of 111º instead of 92º), so the vehicle was outside of where tracking stations expected it and esentially disappeared from radar. Yet hours later, they located the payloads (two advanceed communications satellites) in a orbit with a tilt of 21º instead of 3º, yet in stable orbit and at nominal altitude. Apparently the launcher worked perfectly under guidance of the authomated onboard systems, so the rocket placed the satellites at the right orbit and alitude but wrong tilt because of the wrong azimuth. Now the satellites can be maneuvered into their nominal orbit, although this may consume too much fuel and shorten their operational life (they need fuel to push up their altitude perodically).

It is quite rare to achieve a perfect launch to the wrong place, but Arianespace did so an earned a half-miss, after 82 succesful launches. :woman_scientist:

9 Likes

Good for them. Better to have them shorter on the orbit than broken on the ground.

But its taking too slow with this exploration of space and technologies for it.
When we will start sending flatearthers to show them earth from afar?

9 Likes

Prepare the money torch :slight_smile:

Also, they say she doesn’t have any ring yet :secret:

9 Likes

But she have a companion.

Timezone everyone :kissing_heart:/

Very interesting photos of Japan. :thinking:
One of the nicer ones:

But there are also the images of poor, drunk, or ruined stuff, like this building somewhere in Tokyo, with a Tokyo Skytree in background.

But people are the BEST.

Such a rural scene :relaxed::ok_hand:

9 Likes

http://dudreda.com/

Gud sait. :ok_hand:

9 Likes

Today my computer desk is sad.

And my computer chair. And my other chairs. And the dining table. And the bureau. And the cabinet.

And all I can do is stroke the bed and hug the couch and say “it’s a sad day for them, this will end sooner or later”. :slightly_frowning_face:

9 Likes

Stupid game wants me to transport 100 passengers from Toledo to Omaha without stopping. Literally without stopping. Omaha is on the west of the map, Toledo on the east and the bottleneck is a bridge (can’t build a new one)…

So now I had to sell all my trains on the tracks there just so I can express run through without stopping…

On a side-note my company was worth over 70M $ when my competitors were just slugging around with 10-15M $ company worth :joy:. Bought them both up.

Meh, again not the highest ranting because I was too slow fulfilling the tasks (how can I go any faster when I have to sell a hundred trains first!!! :frowning: ). Ah well, next try…

9 Likes

I am very far from florida

9 Likes

so, yesterday i bought “skyrim le” for $9. I know it’s pirated and likely contains something. it was delivered as a zip archive. the only question is,

• rootkit
  • virus
  • malware
  • worm
  • other

0 voters

i only wish linux had better av options so i could give it real scans… bought with paypal, if it is bad then i have a refund case, well it’s bad anyways eo it’d have to go

9 Likes

Need an option for “Why on earth did you pay 9$ for that?” :rofl:

9 Likes

i was very curious about pirated games and downloading them yourself is a crime but being a customer and buying potentially risky items makes you the victim. Basically went through a loop hole to get a pirated game so i was not a criminal and could still look at it/scan it. though this loop is country dependent.

so far nothing has been found…

9 Likes

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” - William Shakespeare’s Hamlet Act 2,Scene 2,Page 11

9 Likes

10 Likes

I have skyrim but I would rather keep money now when i have seen it firsthand.

9 Likes

I slept till 12 noon today. Feels good. Now i need coffee and the newspaper.

9 Likes

The MB4 mystery, I need some help solving it.

The words MB4 have been featured in a few scifi related related games/video,

• David Brabens Elite Series Has the “MB4 mining machine”
  • Eve online has a system in Stain called “MB4D-4”
  • Black mirror season 4 episode 1 had “MB4” painted onto a spaceship wall.

Is MB4 some kind of secret scifi nod to something? please help.

10 Likes

Elite was first, and the Black mirror is a nod to that probably.

As for EVE, the names were procedurally created and there is D there also and second 4, I dont think its really connected.

That is all I think.

10 Likes

Ask the space pope. He works at NASA and might answer your question.

10 Likes
9 Likes