The Native Mac Client is now the default client for Singularity 🎉

Hi using Mac M1. In previous test no issue starting the Mac client. I think I have latest launcher (1945091 and UI 6.5.11), but when I connect to sisi I still get the wine client, any clue where I am going wrong? As stated in the past when we tested I did load the right version without issues.

Hello

Thanks for your work on this. I participated in the NMC ‘mass test’ the other day and have been awaiting news for quite a while now.

In the mean time, is there any way to use the native client on Tranquility? I’ve found it fine so far with only minor issues and would like to use it rather than WINE, as the NMC uses ~30% CPU as opposed to like 200% per client on WINE.

One other question, is there any way to copy user interface settings between WINE & NMC?

Thanks

Just copy the files out of the existing settings directory to the new one (this also works across O/S’s and servers). The directory for wine is well documented, can’t confirm the new one as my sisi client is barfed.

I’d love to see these settings locations clearly documented in general, and specifically in the release notes for the new version when it comes out.

Though honestly, I’ll probably prefer to start fresh with the new client, since my desired keyboard shortcuts are going to be totally different now that the default have changed and I can finally use key combinations.

it seems as though its still a far away system to move it over to the main server… and there are still lots of issues to work out, so until everything is ironed out, it will not be on the main server.

Unfortunately Singularity was incorrectly configured today for a few hours, after a new build was deployed, and the Wine client was accidently used. This has been fixed now.

2 Likes

I am head off to sleep: if no one post them - I will try to provide paths for both (current wine and Sisi NMC) tomorrow (Friday, 1 Oct) if the slave drivers at work decide to only keep us for part of the day.

Or if you want to dig around

From finder, click go in the menu bar > (hold the option key) click library > application support > EVE Online > … (that’s as far as memory takes me right now)

Goodnight.

/Users/**username**/Library/Application Support/EVE Online/p_drive/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/SharedCache/wineenv/drive_c/users/**username**/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/

both TQ and old Sisi settings should be below that

1 Like

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Client_Preferences_and_Settings_Backup

2 Likes

Thanks for the help finding it, but my point was to document these things in an official place, and make it part of the upcoming announcements.

Finding out on forums and third-party wikis isn’t ideal (though making sure it’s on the E-UNI wiki is half the battle, for sure).

1 Like

I have tested the Mac Version on singularity to death. It’s cooked and baked, all the icing is on it, time to bring it out of the oven it is cooked.

at least on the M1 client anyway.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you. The bug that I have where it does not force the dGPU has an easy workaround (although, for player experience, this might be a reason to delay the release)

no a discrete card is .0001 % of the mac users out there.

1 Like

Native client option would be nice. It’s anyway waaaay better than wine

1 Like

You think so? I know most people (as myself until a couple of years ago) have MBP13 and MBA, but probably more that one out of 1 million have a MBP15, MBP 16, iMac or other with a discrete GPU…

1 Like

Well I’m here and I have a discrete GPU, so on this thread it’s a pretty good ratio :sweat_smile:

If we were talking about external GPUs on macOS, I bet that’s a tiny fraction, but the dual GPUs in high-end macBooks are not that uncommon.

That said, from what I found in my own testing, the Wine client never uses the discrete GPU even if I always force it on, so we’re really not losing anything if the new client goes up with an imperfect card-switching setup. (and my card did switch correctly with the native client, so it seems to be a niche situation you have).

CCPLZ: Give us the new client, we don’t want to wait for Xmas!

Spooky halloween present: New Mac client that may contain bugs :scream_cat:

1 Like

Weird, it’s the complete opposite for me. The dGPU starts with the wine client (which I never use, I prefer a windows partition just for EVE) but not with the native client. Regardless, I am completely in agreement on the fact that they should release, as forcing the dGPU is quite quick and easy, I was just speculating on one of the many possible reasons fort which they don’t do it yet.

1 Like

I imagine they have a queue of bugs that were submitted directly, some of which might be game-breaking.

I’d also imagine that even if it was ready, and they were like “oh look at that we’re a month early on the bugs”, the release machinery will take it’s time grinding towards TQ-readiness.

Either way, we are excited, they are surely excited, and it’s going to be a huge benefit to EVE for it to come out nice and smooth at just the right time :slight_smile:

I use a eGPU with my mini - everything runs through it, as it has no option because no monitor is connected to my mini directly.

And I am not in a rush for the client.

As a suggestion- release new client as an option. There will be a lot of testers.