The Native Mac Client is now the default client for Singularity šŸŽ‰

My top spec, but somewhat old, MacPro wonā€™t run 10.14, so Iā€™d love to know, in advance please, when suddenly my Eve days will be over - I have a lot of stuff to give away.

But I thought Iā€™d give it a fly on my partnerā€™s machine, just to seeā€¦

I barely got passed settingsā€¦
ā€œSelect allā€ is STILL locked, and currently assigned to ā€œcommand-Ƨā€
Doesnā€™t distinguish between keyboard ā€œ1ā€ and numeric keypad ā€œ1ā€
Doesnā€™t even recognise the ā€œĀ§ā€ key as a key available for assignment .
I assign ā€œ+ā€, but it shows ā€œ=ā€, but ā€œ+ā€ works - Portuguese keyboard.
Yes - a giant leap forward.

Hugely disappointed doesnā€™t even get close to how I feel about this.
Iā€™ve been a Mac Programmer for many decades - our aim was to take advantage of cool new features - WHEN they were available on the target machine - if they werenā€™t, that was a feature you either couldnā€™t use, or we wrote ā€œlong-handā€ to achieve the same result.
I guess thatā€™s ā€œold schoolā€.

Oof, sorry, that sucks. According to this article, that means youā€™re running a computer older than ā€œMac Pro (Late 2013; Mid 2010 and Mid 2012 models with recommended Metal-capable graphics cards)ā€

Have you considered looking into those graphics cards? Itā€™s possible that at this point they would be cheaper than subscribing to EVE, and theyā€™d probably have a good effect on your system overall (aside from just having a system that runs a modern OS).

IMO supporting two versions back is a fair trade. Mojave came out 3 years ago now. Mac games ALWAYS break, itā€™s the way things are, in a situation like this, CCP has to look foward.

That said, maybe the old client will keep working for awhile even after the new one becomes default? That seems like a bad investment for CCP though.

Currently yes, as it is still being tested.

@Ernesto_Guevarti Can you please send a bug report with all available details and log files? Feel free to tag my name in the title of the bug report. Hackintosh are not supported, but I am a bit surprised, that it does not work at all.

Created EBR-224344, included log file (almost empty as stated) and system profile

Can you try to attach also the full launcher log file of the launcher session? Alternatively you can also keep LogLite running, restart the launcher and capture a client start attempt, so I can see what the launcher is doing directly before starting the client. And then attach these files as well.
I think you can also try to start the app for Sisi directly to see if this would work (but I am not sure if this would work normally).

Hi

Thanks for the feedback. There are a number of outstanding keyboard mapping issues as youā€™ve seen. I will cross-check the ones youā€™ve mentioned against what we have logged internally. We will continue to work on these and resolve as many as we can before it leaves the test server.

Weā€™re assessing the community feedback, crash reports, and performance daily. There isnā€™t a specific date we have for the release, but the Wine client will be unsupported sooner rather than later.

On thing Iā€™ve been thinking would be really useful for us now, and especially for the official release would be a guide to changed keyboard shortcuts.

Clearly thatā€™s going to be one of the biggest changes to actually using the game for macOS players. Having a list would make it both easier to use, and give us a chance to test against it if we get into a confusing position.

Hi using Mac M1. In previous test no issue starting the Mac client. I think I have latest launcher (1945091 and UI 6.5.11), but when I connect to sisi I still get the wine client, any clue where I am going wrong? As stated in the past when we tested I did load the right version without issues.

Hello

Thanks for your work on this. I participated in the NMC ā€˜mass testā€™ the other day and have been awaiting news for quite a while now.

In the mean time, is there any way to use the native client on Tranquility? Iā€™ve found it fine so far with only minor issues and would like to use it rather than WINE, as the NMC uses ~30% CPU as opposed to like 200% per client on WINE.

One other question, is there any way to copy user interface settings between WINE & NMC?

Thanks

Just copy the files out of the existing settings directory to the new one (this also works across O/Sā€™s and servers). The directory for wine is well documented, canā€™t confirm the new one as my sisi client is barfed.

Iā€™d love to see these settings locations clearly documented in general, and specifically in the release notes for the new version when it comes out.

Though honestly, Iā€™ll probably prefer to start fresh with the new client, since my desired keyboard shortcuts are going to be totally different now that the default have changed and I can finally use key combinations.

it seems as though its still a far away system to move it over to the main serverā€¦ and there are still lots of issues to work out, so until everything is ironed out, it will not be on the main server.

Unfortunately Singularity was incorrectly configured today for a few hours, after a new build was deployed, and the Wine client was accidently used. This has been fixed now.

2 Likes

I am head off to sleep: if no one post them - I will try to provide paths for both (current wine and Sisi NMC) tomorrow (Friday, 1 Oct) if the slave drivers at work decide to only keep us for part of the day.

Or if you want to dig around

From finder, click go in the menu bar > (hold the option key) click library > application support > EVE Online > ā€¦ (thatā€™s as far as memory takes me right now)

Goodnight.

/Users/**username**/Library/Application Support/EVE Online/p_drive/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/SharedCache/wineenv/drive_c/users/**username**/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/

both TQ and old Sisi settings should be below that

1 Like

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Client_Preferences_and_Settings_Backup

2 Likes

Thanks for the help finding it, but my point was to document these things in an official place, and make it part of the upcoming announcements.

Finding out on forums and third-party wikis isnā€™t ideal (though making sure itā€™s on the E-UNI wiki is half the battle, for sure).

1 Like

I have tested the Mac Version on singularity to death. Itā€™s cooked and baked, all the icing is on it, time to bring it out of the oven it is cooked.

at least on the M1 client anyway.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you. The bug that I have where it does not force the dGPU has an easy workaround (although, for player experience, this might be a reason to delay the release)

no a discrete card is .0001 % of the mac users out there.

1 Like