The Native Mac Client is now the default client for Singularity 🎉

Very awesome!! Runs great, no major issues. Still freezes for a few seconds every few minutes docked in Jita, but other than that silky smooth. Thanks CCP Caffeine and team!

1 Like

What are the default shortcuts supposed to be for fitting and cargo? On my old I could use CMD+F and CMD+C, but the new one only ALT+F and ALT+C work.

Was this an intentional change?

Personally I prefer CMD for commands like this because so few apps use ALT for shortcuts. All else equal, it would be nice if these and other shortcuts that used CMD before stayed the same.

Of course, none of this is dire, because we can finally change the shortcuts and use ALT/CMD/SHIFT for the new ones! The fact that we couldn’t before was worse than any change you could make to the defaults.

EDIT: Wait thinking about it more, CMD+C should be copy along with CMD+V. I need to test if those are working in which case I will be overjoyed and nothing in the post above will matter lol

OMFG! IT WORKS! (on Sisi)

still get the “client closed unexpectedly” error that I’ve had for the past year or so on Tranquility, nothing seems to fix that.

Progress!! :smiley:

1 Like

I have this error too. Are there any logs that I can look into to see what the ‘unexpected’ error was?

Once again - amazing.
I really beg you to deploy this on tranquility as an option. Current tranquility client is very poor playable with m1

1 Like

Unfortunately not having the same luck here. When I click on the account it shows the “Starting game client…” as normal but nothing actually happens. I have LogLite open and the only thing it shows is “Aborting waiting for process to start …”

Is there anywhere else I can look for logs to see what is failing?

Hackingtosh
OSX 10.15.7
4.01 Quad Intel i7
64GB
Radeon RX 580 8GB

I’ve used previous versions of the Mac native client without any issues.

Hackingtosh - maybe this is the problem?

Possibly, which is why I mentioned it.

That said this will be the first program that I’ve problems with on this machine, including previous versions of the native mac client. It’s been a lot more tolerant of most things (especially games) than my old MBP

I wonder if the use of Metal is somehow incompatible with your graphics card, and the other apps you tried don’t use Metal fully…

Maybe there’s an equivalent game that the devs could recommend that has similar properties.

I don’t think that would be the case.

As that is the GPU i have in my eGPU case for my i7 2018 Mac mini.

@Ernesto_Guevarti I would recommend going into (from the finder) Go > (hold option) library > application support and trashing both the CCP and EVE Online folders (do make sure to make back ups of your UI settings first). I’ve noticed that there tends to be an old file for some reason doesn’t clear out and it causes issues. Generally I’ve had luck with doing a clean install of EVE.

Hi! I updated the bug report but will also repost here, so that maybe other people can notice the issue.

Here is a screenshot of the native client running (windowed, so I can show all the other windows, but the issue is the same in fullscreen)

As you can see, the FPS monitor states that it’s using the AMD card, but “about this mac” and iStat Menus indicate that the Integrated one is active. Also, the battery settings are present to show that it is on automatic graphics switching.

This second screenshot is the wine client, it immediately forces the AMD GPU, as you can see from “about this mac” and iStat Menus (which also shows that exefile.exe is forcing the use of the dGPU). Battery settings are the same.

Regarding the other questions, I don’t use any software that might influence the behavior of the GPU management. I only use iStat Menus to monitor the system performance and the temperatures. The battery is in good condition (90% original capacity).

If you want, we can get organized and I can share my screen if you wanna do some live tests.

Cheers!

1 Like

One thing I noticed that was also an issue during the last playtest:

Currently playing on a 2015 15" MBP (running macOS 10.15.7) with Intel Iris Pro + AMD Radeon M370X GPU, recently hooked up to a 32” 4K monitor. (Yeah, not my best idea ever, but it’s workable and I plan to upgrade to a M1X machine later this year anyway).

I normally play EVE in a 2560x1440 window, with graphics set to medium to get 30-40 fps. Setting graphics lower doesn’t seem to make all that much difference, at that point it’s mostly just WINE being a resource hog.

With the native Mac client I can play at full 3840x2160 resolution and get similar fps, with improved graphics.

But when I try to play in a window to increase that, the client seems to get confused — it looks like it tries to adjust for the laptop’s retina screen, even though I’m playing on an external non-retina screen.

So my 2560x1440 EVE window is actually half that size on the external monitor. I need to scale it to 5012x2880 to get the correct window size. Which makes my GPU ■■■■ itself within seconds, of course :slight_smile:

Is there a setting I’m missing somewhere? Or is this still on the “to fix” list? It shouldn’t matter once I get a newer laptop, but I may as well try to enjoy that new client a bit earlier…

Also: good job, and throw that thing on Tranquility already – it beats WINE even in its current state! :wink:

1 Like

Question for you?

Our your dragging the window from one screen to the other? Just thinking you might use the dock icon (r-click and change the screen)

To resize your window, I suggest holding the alt/option key and click the green + in the top left corner (should convert from full-screen to fill screen if option/alt is held)

1 Like

I’m playing with a 2014 MB Air and set everything to quality. Fans do kick in but NOTHING compared to the stupid Wine client. There’s a slight jerkiness to everything while flying but once again NOTHING compared to the Wine client.

Like others have said, this client is night and day and in its current form should be on Tranquility as default. The Wine client is quite frankly an insult. It can’t be called a Mac client because it does NOTHING natively. This works so well.

1 Like

Many thanks this solved the problem. Firstly, congratulations the M1 client is graphically rich and buttery smooth, well done to the tech team. Secondly, does this mean the M1 version is currently only playable on the test servers?

2 Likes

I normally play with the laptop closed, and the external monitor as the only active screen. So there’s no dragging. Keeping the laptop open will make the client display at the correct size (though I had to set it again manually, automatic adjustment is still wonky. But then the additional performance is soaked up by the extra screen, so it’s kind of pointless.

Resizing the window will also change the in-game resolution, but doesn’t address the problems I mentioned earlier.

When will this client become default for Tranquility?

Before I zap everything (already done selective deletes: ~/Library/Application Support/EVE Online/SharedCache) which seems to contain the new client, but did not have any positive affect. Does anyone know where the Launcher account information is stored (I quite a few accounts and really don’t fancy having to add them all again)?
(~/Library/Application Support/CCP/Launcher seems a likely candidate)

@CCP_Caffeine any thoughts on the complete failure to launch? Any idea where I could look for startup logs on the system as LogLite shows nothing?

I play EVE in burst of about 3 months usually late fall thru winter. Just bought an M1 MacBook Air, external display, etc got a home office would be nice to play this fall/winter on the M1. Have played around a bit on the singularity and things look great.

1 Like

It won’t be default for tq. More windows than Mac players, but you’ll have it for tq soon™