The new EVE Online launcher Beta

Maybe now you have learned something about a bad and/or limited hardware concept. There are options from other vendors that allow for simple SSD upgrades or cheaper base prices for the hardware, so that the storage will initially be larger. I also don’t know about the convenience of external harddrive addons to move your stuff to.

But in reality I suppose as apple user you will be offended by such suggestions and just buy the next apple computer until the story repeats in 6 years or so…

Oh please. Knock it off with the Apple bashing. It’s not like your Win box has unlimited storage… :roll_eyes:

I don’t need to delete something, i can pop out my installed drive and replace it with a bigger one. This can’t be done for the M1 MacBook as the SSD is soldered in and can’t be replaced if the size is to small or if it gets broken. The same applies to RAM chips in the M1.

Neither do I. I ordered mine with more than the skimpy standard amount of storage.

In a laptop? Uh huh.

Anyway not in the mood to get into another argument with a Win troll. Cya later.

I am not even using Windows to play EVE. But referring to non apple users as Win trolls shows your narrow mindset anyway.

And by you starting throwing rocks at Mac users to start this derail shows yours.

1 Like

A Mac user complained about EVE getting too large for his machine. I posted my reasoning as i see it and predicted someone will be offended just by the fact that i suggested not to buy fixed hardware that you can’t upgrade in key points if needed (or if the hardware breaks).
It is common sense If you make something fixed in size to store something on it that is not fixed in size, there will come a day when your storage is not able to hold it anymore.

So if you make that decision it is fine with me. But you have to live with the consequences. So no need to complain in the forums. It was your decision or necessity.
CCP will not stop evolving EVE. If it happens like in other games when they introduced highres textures, i expect a jump to 150-200GB in size. And a 4TB NVME SSD is just about 200EUR these days. No need to restrict games in size as it used to be and you see the sizes rising all over the place.

So no expectations that the game improved or benefitted in anyway? These patches are significant, it would be nice to know what they are doing rather than just taking up space.

Now you confuse me…10 posts above you posted what these patches do and gave a link to the content?

you can attach a 8 TB Thunderbolt M2 SSD if you are willing to Pay for it.

Sure…i had also written that you can go external if it is convenient for the given setup.
“I also don’t know about the convenience of external harddrive addons to move your stuff to.”

xplane 12 is fully installed on 6 TB Raid 4 external Softraid drive. Moving to a new Mac is simply plug in the drive enclosure and re autendicate.

The launcher will periodically remove unneeded files. If you want you can trigger this behavior yourself from the Tools/Cache section of the settings window in the launcher.

Patched files do not require there to be patchnotes. This is sometimes done in preparation of bigger release beats where some of the graphical data is preloaded before the functionality actually goes live. This is fairly normal.

Ok boomer. Higher res graphics require bigger assets. The world can’t stay stuck on 20 Mb hard drives when monitors with 4 and 8k resolutions are commonplace.

It shouldn’t be.

1 Like

Is it really too much to take two minutes and do a note that says ‘Patch will include staging of graphical assets for future use.’

Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 9.44.07 pm

This box is unticked for a reason. Please respect this choice.

2 Likes

I read about an option to remove Vanguard in the change log , but it does not show for me.

2 Likes

This shitty launcher forgot where eve is installed. And more than that I got now additional unknown account listed with blurred portraits, that I cannot launch and it is in constant update of its omega status info…

We really need the ability to skip the launcher entirely at least until its stable. Right now its a semi-useless mess. Bring back a shortcut to the old game login screen which still runs every time the game starts. Also, how about being able to double-click to launch a character…you know, like ever other program in existence?

Few years ago there was an issue where people logged into eve and the character that loaded what someone else’s entirely. Quite amusing.