The New Player Experience

This is a quote taken from Teon Taraji.

“The current and long-standing problem with the NPE is that it attempts to teach players primarily how to carebear in highsec, without putting primary focus on teaching them the various elements of PVP and emergent gameplay and allowing them to experience it immediately.”

This worked out incredibly well for nullsec didn’t it? Created a bridge straight out of high SEC and burned ours didn’t they… The correct answer is never fix the problem unless the answer is for nullsec. I should also mention that the driving factor for people coming to this game is not to care bear. It is to take part in all the insane player driven espionage that they have heard about. Don’t get me wrong I think Exordium was a good idea. We want hisec back. Sub caps and clones baby! No blobs. No doctrines, No CTA, No bash. No blob-win WarHQ. Just undock. Put the aces in their places and the Jokers off to the side.

Impossible to tell what you are trying to complain about. I can tell you’re trying to complain, but regarding what, specifically, is indecipherable.

5 Likes

While those stories are cool and all, but they don’t make people stay after they’ve tried EVE for like a few days. If you want to help teach new players the more advanced tactics for pvp, you go right ahead, but don’t think for a second that there is any way for the game to teach that in writing. Any person would likely quit on the spot.

There are plenty of oppotunities in Highsec that teaches the mechanics used in nullsec. While arguably nullsec is safer than highsec, if you’re in the Coalition/Alliance/Corp that controls the region of nullsec. Why doesn’t all the Coalitions/Alliances/Corps have a presence in highsec to, first of all teach these advanced tactics in a safe environment before you recruit them and send them out into the “Open Seas - among the dangerous hungry sharks” (so to speak).

To me the presence that big coalitions/alliances/corps seem to have in highsec is for the purpose of ganking. Maybe it’s just some of the more well known ones that does this.

Yeah I agree… I can’t be exact and do my best and work on it. it’s very complicated and trying to boil it down to where it’s understandable makes it very vague. I also have the same issues understanding most others

I guess my plan is to toss out the macro view and I wait to clarify details when possible for those who matter. I also can’t edit the post due to forum rules. I can hardly see the phone im on lol

Why doesn’t nullsec have a presence in high sec? I just post examples so as to not offend. Do you think pH had a presence in high sec? Are you familiar with passive tax games from Plex and lsi? Peri is the top of game. Are you familiar with the high-sec division of brave? Check it out and the thousands of people they have using holding corps and passing all the other benefits of null to the members freely. I don’t want to ramble on too long so if I can be more specific ask another question.

There is no opportunity to teach new players this in high SEC anymore. We have no ability to grow and nothing for. The economic conditions do not support it. For example if you’re a new corp and you want to have a home system. How many job orders do you think it takes to run your system index out of feasibility? How much money do you think you can make in that system? How much money will it cost you to hold that system? I have all of these metrics and they do not work out. Unless you are null in which case they are working out very well.

I should also tell you why null does not have a military physical presence in high. They have a controlling authoritative position and they have all the benefits with the members. They are not required to host a military in high sec of their own name.

This is literally AI.. so forgive me but there you go

Yes, there is. The highsec division of the Brave Collective is a corporation called Brave Empire Inc. (frequently referred to as just Brave Empire) [Claim]. [1] ( https://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/Brave_Empire_Inc. )They stage out of the Keberz system in the Khanid region [Claim]. It is a full member corporation of the primary nullsec alliance, meaning its members get full blue standings and unrestricted access to Brave’s nullsec space, resources, and markets.

As far as null having a huge ganking presence… I don’t see anything wrong with a few members who are affiliated on other characters finding some things to do. I don’t want to go in the details because I’m not going to offend these men. Let me just say I see them as high SEC residents when they are in their positions. Ganking is unfortunately one of the only forms of PVP we have left and we plan to keep it. It is good for high sec I support it.

Legitimate business and economics would be a fix for high SEC but it’s much too complicated to explain directly. To see a business in high SEC that is actually profitable without injecting Plex is very very rare. Pretty much everyone you see in space is supported by just picking up more rocks off the ground or shooting more NPCs. This doesn’t mean their business is operating in any profitable way. They are all losing money and it is spent in the form of Plex at the store. I have no problem with CCP making money. I’m simply pointing out the economics for my fellow high-sec ceos.

Lol, you couldn’t be bothered to write your own words.

1 Like

I wrote everything that you see unless I labeled it clearly as otherwise. I have no problem sharing with you exactly what is AI and what is not. Just ask the question but don’t make assumptions like that please. Your intent becomes obvious when you become obvious.

I’m not sure what the problem is.

And I mean that literally. Sometimes I see people describe a problem and I think that the thing they describe is not a problem. That’s not the case here.

Here I see you try describe something, but I have no idea what your problem is.

I see you mention things that high sec should have. But as far as I know they have it already: High sec has players, has sub caps, has clones, has edit: no blobs and usually no doctrines or CTAs. So what exactly are you talking or complaining about? Are you even complaining or am I just interpreting the tone wrong?

Also what’s wrong with null sec? Null sec does a good job getting newbies (like myself 9 years ago) right into the action and fun part of the game, but many groups also manage to get newbies to learn the game in high sec. Even some null sec groups like my own do that: I see Brave Empire mentioned above, which is our high sec division.

So, what exactly is this thread about?

Is it a complaint?

What is it complaining about?

1 Like

Do you live in high sec? That’s the question I have for you right now after that statement. What is it that you do in high sec? It seems to me you know nothing but what you are told and have no experience.

Sorry, that wasn’t meant to you, but to the OP.

I am the op. I tried to explain the reason for that being edits and server limits.

The first post was made by someone else?

You need to read the words that I am writing to you if you want to understand them. I have over 100 characters and it’s hard to keep track of who you think I am.

Are you intentionally trying to be as confusing as possible with this thread?

1 Like