The Orca

Sigh… The status quo as you see it now which is why we have low numbers.

2 Likes

Someone has delusions of grandeur…

1 Like

Nope , just normal stuff, really.

You have that. As does any other pilot have the freedom to do as they wish to you and your

No one denies the population difference. The problem with your argument is two fold:

First, you assume that a less populated area means there’s something wrong with it. But it doesn’t.

Secondly; balance is relative and thus there is always at least two options. If hi-sec is so overly populated and the others barren, then one option is to make the other areas more like hi-sec…but the other option is to make hi-sec like the other areas (i.e. more hostile).

Both options would correct what you perceive to be the problem. And really, since hi-sec is the ‘outlier’, then that would suggest it is the ‘problem’ that needs fixing.

It’s the people that’s wrong with it. Much like how in real life people avoid bad neighborhoods the same thing has been happening in eve since the beginning. A better solution would be to not nerf ■■■■ and change things for the sake of change since people investing their time and money into the game naturally creates an emotional attachment to the game which will render them long term consumers. But when you’re trying to change things that are a foothold of your client base has already taken comfort to it’s wise to keep it the same to not upset them. Successful businesses in real life get this when it comes to their stock holders, I don’t get why people can’t understand this basic premise. The real solution to eve would be to add content in relation to what’s going on. So when a company decides to nerf or change things that really don’t need changing they inevitably server these attachments that their player base creates to their product. Don’t get me wrong, there have been less than a handful of balance changes ccp did that was needed but the grand majority were not. High sec if anything proves the other regions of space failures because people tend to gravitate towards where success lies. Look at any first world country that’s successful and how people immigrate to them. Why? Because there is law and order that allows for opportunity for success. In the countries these people come from there is no law or order because of corruption from those above them or they witness “mob justice”.

Same thing occurs in eve and the natural outcome is that high sec is > than all secs if only for the fact that people DO have the freedom to do what they want. Not because of something inherently wrong with the space but because of the people.

3 Likes

So if we want people to spread out through the entire EVE universe, instead of all live in high sec, we need to nerf the safety of high sec space?

1 Like

Make high sec more secure. Null sec’s security should depend on the owners. Low sec should be that middle ground and wormhole space is fine. It’d literally be better to add new systems to high sec that lead to new systems to low and null than to nerf things because of your feelings.

1 Like

If there are not enough people outside high sec, the last thing the game needs is a more secure high sec.

Literally the reason people stay in high sec is because it is secure. Want to grow that player base? better make a secure place for that growth. Growth cannot happen without security

2 Likes

So, if we want those people to spread to other parts of space, which we do, we need to nerf that security.

The people who create choke points are fun, they add extra dangers that you need to find a tool for to avoid. Luckily EVE has a lot of such tools.

I’m not the one blocking choke points, but I am the one living behind those choke points. And those choke points are good for the game.

We don’t want more of those bots. Less would be ideal.

2 Likes

Not my fault you confuse eve for a fps. I wouldn’t know if a ganker was a player if it wasn’t for the ■■■■ talking they do.

2 Likes

A minority benefitting while calling for the lessening of the majority. No surprise there. That’s why adding new systems would be superior. The people can avoid your choke points then. No on in their right mind is going to invest billions just to be crushed as content for people that literally suggest ideas that would kill eve.

1 Like

Like I said, not my choke points. I’m not camping gates.

Game as a whole would profit from it, even though some AFK miners in high sec see a nerf to the Orca as the end of their world.

People invest billions all the time in things to have fun and potentially ‘be crushed as content’. I recently bought a carrier and black ops battleship and I expect both of them to eventually ‘be crushed as content’ in the coming years. My intention is to have a enough fun with those ships before they blow up that my investment is worth it.

1 Like

You’re breaking apart and lying out of your teeth. You literally said that you are behind those chokepoints. Those chokepoints exist and you benefit. They are for you. You say they benefit the game meanwhile people are complaining about how people don’t go to low or null. You think it’s beneficial for the game because you benefit. Meanwhile, others that lose simply don’t play that game and while you’re benefitting those that spawn from your depths come to high sec and mess with people who actually contribute to the game and once the realization sets in that the chances of someone being able to grow themselves without having to depend on others becomes slim to none. There have been countless posts since the inception of eve of people quitting due to shenagens that goes on that literally has no purpose. Larps don’t count. PVP in eve is like real life. Do you go around killing people just because they drive a prius? No. Why do you do it in eve? Meanwhile, in the real world, real world conflicts happen over territory and resources. What happens in high sec, is not that and being so hateful that you want to hurt these people even through game changes shows the cancer that is killing eve.

2 Likes

We?

How many people are you? Do they tell you what to do?

Sorry, if you are up to L4 you are not a new player and should have been payig more attention.