The Orca

Not sure if there would come a chance as Frostpacker currently seeks approval from Princess before undocking to mine.

2 Likes

It doesn’t work if you are not paying attention. You can only dock a ship if your cargo is empty or contains exclusively items that allow you to dock the ship.

1 Like

The current Minmatar event is a great example of this balance.

The event sites in Highsec are so crammed, you can’t even effectively compete them.

But the lowsec ones are not only less crowded, but also with much much more ISK.

In the history of ever such measures have never worked and only backfired. CCP has done many changes to get people out of high sec and it never works and never will. It’ll only reduce subscriptions. Make your own game.

There are currently way more people in Minmatar lowsec than normal. Usually the nonFW systems are pretty empty.

We don’t need to get people to move out of highsec as much as we need people to fly out of highsec.

This event is accomplishing that right now.

Wait what?

Calm down miner

Please show us the killmail.

2 Likes

Not bad, as you know most mining ships have a supply of mining crystals and that really does make it rather difficult. I was testing this a while back and I think there was something else that got in the way. I would have to resub to check it however.

I was testing it as I wanted to use a Hulk instead of the Skiff, but in the end I found that it was not good enough. I found moving the crystals around from the corp hanger a pain.

Shame that you are under the thumb like that as you could have tested it, it sounds quick and easy, but in practice not so much…

1 Like

I think they count as ammo and you can dock with them. Ore is probably the bigger problem as you also have to disable the miner cycle and move that returns from the ore cargo before you switch.

But I can tell you from experience that some clever miners mastered this technique and pull it off flawlessly. They even use a Hulk on purpose to bait gankers. And it is one of the more frustrating tricks for the ganker to be sure. But they always get a “gf” from me :slight_smile:

Just be aware that if someone bumps your Orca out of range you are most likely f-ed again.

Oh and another thing… the reason why this is such an effective strategy is because Orcas are just a common sight in belts and it’s not a setup that looks out of the ordinary.

That also goes for the suspect looter baiting. No one expects that Orca belongs to the ganker, it’s like hidden in plain sight and the looter going suspect is like the most natural thing in the world, it just doesn’t look staged.

Man that ship is OP

Stuff like this is what I call fun EVE PvP, I know some might disagree, but I don’t care :slight_smile:

But those aren’t even the things I complain about when it comes to the Orca. Those are fun mechanics that make the game more interesting. The real issue is that thing is on top of all that also an insane mining ship with a huge ore hold.

1 Like

Shhh let’s keep this on the down-low =D

1 Like

How is it you know what people will do after their game play is torched? You have no basis for this other than a WAG.

Nerfing the Orca is not going to make me move to low sec. When I speak of what Eve players and their activities, it about the past. You have no idea what people will do in the future especially after you kick them in the knutz.

This vast herd of AFK Orca miners the “We people” claim exists is false and is the basis of your false and crumbled narrative. Bring some evidence will you. You got nothing but cries and tears oh oh oh AFK miners , oh, oh , oh. Please stop those awful AKF Orca miners ahhhhhhhhh please make them staaaap, There’s one in an ice belt, there, not moving it’s AFK Ahhhhhhhhh…

excuse me…ice mining requires long periods of…(wait for it)…non-movement.

Over, the last four weeks I’ve done about 3-4 billion ISK, mining. And my buddies each do at least double. What we do matters and people like us , not some bogeyman Orca fleet that no one has seen. And if they do exist they are insignificant because they do nothing except make huge investments for little return.

AFK miners, if they exist, do what they do. You’re not going to be all tricksy and mind meld them to another game mechanic. If you and CCP are all powerful and can make people change how you want them to change, you’ll be the first and I want to buy stock.

The problems of null and low sec are political balkanization over which territory, activities and movement are controlled with an iron fist of violence. So that territory died. It is dead and cannot get up. Gankers can only Gank where they’re told to gank in null and most people avoid low sec. So a bogeyman was created, AFK Orca miners.

Quit obsessing over the false narrative that doesn’t exist and start worrying about people like me and my buddies finding something else better to do. Which in a post pandemic world ain’t hard to do. Otherwise your game play will be connect the dots or flying in an orbit waiting for a timer to expire and a crumb will drop and you’ll say “oh cool” and come back the next day just like you’re told to do.

3 Likes

I’d be happy if you uninstall. The fact of the matter is you are not entitled to easy isk, and you have no right to it. I certainly hope CCP nerfs your disgusting AFK ‘playstyle’.

4 Likes

Entitlement to isk is not in contention.

I don’t AFK,

I accept you surrender.

1 Like

If CCP nerfs the Orca, make sure to come back to the forums and tell us goodbye.

5 Likes

"Please make changes to the Orca so that the mining drones return to deliver the Ice or Ore and then require to be relaunched.

This should curb the AFK Mining…"

1 Like

Orca mining is not a problem says the man who describes Orca miners in high sec as a “vast herd”

Love it

1 Like

And you should have to click to shoot your weapons every single cycle…Should your ship auto-align and warp… I guess the question is where would we stop?

Cheers,

2 Likes
  • The changes coming in 2021, including changes to Rorquals and Orcas as part of a wider set of adjustments to mining and resource generation. (38:20)
1 Like

The Triglavian Technology makes no sense if you were to cycle off / on

Who would afk in a Leshak? Why would anyone be mining with weapons?

While I agree with the idea of making AFK mining in an Orca less attractive, I don’t think this is the right way to do so.

There is nothing fun or engaging about relaunching drones every cycle. It doesn’t allow for extra interaction or choices, it’s just adding extra annoyance. I’d rather see a tweak to Orca numbers that keeps the current gameplay but with less solo yield.

1 Like