The Orca

Agree. I see a orca miner near my system, and he say the full orca load is around 15-18m. For pay the account, he need two full loads, and compress to refine/sell.

Iā€™m a max skill Orca and Hulk pilot, the Orca does not mine the same at all. Not even close.

2 Likes

What Iā€™m telling you is, when I choose to be an Mining foreman as a new player. There was no isk to make (or not much), there were not buffs and no orca mining back then. They added mining so the Mining Foremans could make isk.

1 Like

It has limited options, but the yield is high. The yield of a solo Orca is higher than that of a solo Procurer using T2 strip miners + drones.

And thatā€™s a problem in my opinion.

The Orca is already tankier, has more supportive abilities and has a much larger ore hold than all of the mining barges. It shouldnā€™t also be better at mining in addition to everything else.

The yield should be equal to a proc, yes. It makes sense.

Itā€™s higher though.

Itā€™s about the same as a proc, in my experience. I run a skiiff and hulk as well, it is not has high as a T2 barge.

I started in 2008 as a Mining Foreman, and back then it had no buffs and no mining. They changed it to allow mining foremans to make isk. It was a nice change and why I came back to play. I bet you could even find that old dev post from it.

Iā€™m not opposed to Orcas making ISK.

Iā€™m opposed to an Orca being a better choice than a barge for solo mining.

The yield should be reduced, not removed.

2 Likes

Nothing work when you already decided to not even try.

Itā€™s not, you are obviously not a miner. LOL

1 Like

The Orca is not a good choice for mining. Some people are using it to afk mine ice belts. because of the size of the ore hold.

1 Like

If itā€™s not a good choice for mining, why do I see them mine solo in belts and why does it mine more than a Procurer?

The ability for the Orca to mine does provide a reasonable amount of isk for new players that choose to be a mining foreman. not much more then a proc.

They are afk, looking at all the people working remotely now days.

Which is another reason to nerf the Orca yield. We donā€™t need to support AFK gameplay.

itā€™s just the ore hold and tank. but ruining the mining foremanā€™s ability to make isk is just dumb. sorry. another nerf and scaring off player that truly want to be a mining foreman (like me).

1 Like

It isnā€™t though. It just has a larger hold and is very tanky.

Part of the problem is progression. If a miner starts off in a venture and loves the profession they soon go into probably a barge. But it actually takes less time to skill into an Orca or Porpoise than it takes to skill into Exhumers. So you could just skip exhumers and go straight for an orca and save up or buy some plex.

The Porpoise seems like a normal step up from an exhumer (slightly tankier than a mackinaw with a larger hold and vastly inferior mining), but the difference between it an Orca is massive and 8x the cost. Feels like there should have been another ship between the orca and porpoise with more skills required in- between.

other ways to fix that without rolling back to the issue they fixed in 2016.

be more creative.

back then it took me 1 year to skill into the orca.