The Protected Criminal

Griefers gotta grief!

Griefing other players is what Eve is all about. A game by griefers for griefers:

http://deadendthrills.com/fire-and-ice-the-cold-heart-of-eve-online/

Keep up the good work friend.

1 Like

Am I correct that no warning of a “criminal in system” pop-up occurs when a pirate jumps into a system in a capsule?

If someone enters system in space that is an outlaw, there is always a popup notification, whether they are in a capsule or ship.

But its not system-wide? Only for those on grid with the gate?

It’s system wide as far as I am aware.

I am thinking that it isn’t, and regardless of in a ship or capsule, the warning only appears when someone of sufficient negative sec status undocks or jumps into system on grid with you. I cannot remember ever seeing the pop up at a gate and then have the pirate/outlaw fail to decloak right there for me to see.

Yes. Any outlaw, as written above.

As best I can recall from the last time CODE gankers were passing by me, any Empire FacPo units on a gate will announce the arrival of ‘criminals’ (who are actually outlaws, in this context, as they are not subject to a criminal timer and CONCORD attack simply for being below -5 security status) , as well as 'enemies of the ’ (below -5 faction standing), regardless of ship type (including capsules). This is announced on-grid wherever FacPo has noticed the player, not system-wide. FacPo (including gate/sentry guns) will not fire on capsules, as the current rule set for the Empires does not include pods as valid targets.

This information may be out of date, or misremembered - due to RL issues, I have not had significant play time in CODE stomping grounds for several months.

1 Like

Seems pretty correct. I just tested it in game and yes, it’s an on-grid notification only, not system wide. Facpo don’t pod.

1 Like

My point bringing up the announcement is how much it does little to outlaws except maybe give one of their targets a second to run. I suppose it also gives you a split second warning that a legal target is about to uncloak, but its really that red background that prompts reaction, not the message which distracts as much as helps, cause you often think a legal target is coming, but then it turns out its an “enemy of the empire” sort of message you can’t shoot unless you are militia.

And you really have to appreciate the wording of the warning, because it SOUNDS like its warning everyone in system when its not.

But if it did, it would afford a bit of time to people in system to handle that outlaw. Why was that not done?

See thread title.

What would you like to see @Ridley_Rohan ?

The “criminal entered system” notification is visible only for pilots on grid with the pilot in question, be it at a gate or a station, and happens regardless of whether the pilot is in pod or in a ship.

And it’s not just outlaws (-5.0 or lower sec status) who cause that notification. It’s any pilot with a security status low enough to be hunted by faction police in that system. That is, in 1.0 systems, all pilots with -2.0 or lower sec status cause that notification when entering the system.

1 Like

Thanks for asking. What I would like to see first and foremost (my constant complaint for years) is proper wording to reflect that is happening. For example if a criminal has just jumped through a gate, that is exactly what the message should say, that a criminal has just jumped through gate X, and name the gate clearly. If a criminal has just undocked from a station X, that is exactly what the message should say, that the criminal has undocked from station X.

The message that a criminal has entered the system is too dubious, and in case of undocking, just plain false.

Next, make it a system wide alert. This will give pilots time to react to the arrival of someone with low sec status or red flashy, whether to dock up for protection, grab a combat ship or even jump to the next system hoping to catch the crininal on the other side.

And I am just getting warmed up. Look at Knowledgeminer’s post. He works overtime to get his story straight. See the way he put “criminal” in quotes then said “outlaw” without? That’s because the game is not consistent with terminology. Unless I am wrong again. Regardless, terminology is a huge source of confusion and misconception in EVE and I really want it all sorted out.

As I often say, smartbombs aren’t.

Ever seen a -10 in a freighter an orca or a BS in Hisec? They just can’t fly whatever they want whenever they want.

That’s neg 10 though. How about neg 4? The OP stated the range of neg 1 to neg 10. So yeah, some “criminals” may have it tougher than others. But we all know the guy with a killboard full of hi sec ganks now at -3 is going to be approaching -5 again very soon, even if Concord/FacPo is too stupid to know. Protected criminal/outlaw.

Another thing Concord/FacPo is too stupid to know is that guy’s ALT in the orca providing the criminal/outlaw with ships he could not bring in himself, not that I have seen it done more than once but still.

And I will just repeat, I don’t want Concord/FacPo to be smarter. I want them to leave the killing to PCs in various ways.

FacPo starts hassling one by security-level zone at -2.

Hassling? What’s that accomplish? They have to move fast? Its not like they are prevented flying ganker ships or even fast T2 ships if they want. Being made to move fast isn’t much of a hindrance. All that does is make it harder to choose the best targets.

You know what would be hassle? A guaranteed successful scram from Facpo that would be like a detentiion period where they are held for 30 seconds before being released. Then players could catch up to them and destroy them. That would be MUCH better. Actual PVP would happen.

In the context it was raised by Mevatle, not really going to happen either, unless they fly in only a very small set of 0.5 and 0.6 systems, since they’ll be attacked everywhere else by Facpo.

Freighters main points of call are often the major market centres. By far, the two biggest are Jita (0.9 sec status), with the three entry systems for Freighters (Perimeter, New Caldari and Nyabainen) all being 1.0; and Ammar (1.0 sec status).

Anyone from -2 onwards isn’t going to be flying a freighter unhindered (and rightly so. The game mechanics are fine in that regard).

Oh bummer. They have to leave the freighter flying to an ALT. I feel SOO much safer now. I am sure all of New Eden does!

Freighters can’t attached anyone, so there’s no need to be scared of them, no matter who’s flying them.