The Road to Nerfdom: Highsec's Carebear Future

I don’t get it. Are you asking us to double your shitposts?

1 Like

Yeah. You do.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I really dont get the obsession with ganking in high sec. If you want to go shoot something then why not just go jump into a random null sec system. This is coming from someone who just very recently started hanging out in Null sec and accepts the fact loses will happen. This is basically like saying when i go home i shouldn’t expect to be safe. Why do you need to go pick on someone who is doing what they should be doing if they choose to be a carebear then they should staying in their corner of space. Also it must take huge balls to kill someone with < 1million skill points vs a player that has 100m sp. You must really enjoy getting your rocks off hurting small animals. Just leave the High Sec carebears alone if they cross the line then feel free to pop them. Going out and hunting down some kid that just started playing and bought some plex with his birthday money just to be popped by some egotistical nut job is just stupid beyond all thought. What the hell is really gained from this? Maybe eve has not rotted my mind enough to see the benefit. If you want to go mess with people go play Rust.

3 Likes

Blood, tears, money, fame.

2 Likes

Here how you go about dealing with carebears.

1. putput into high sec find someone that has never done pvp.
  2. have them train up jump clones and switch into a clone with no implants.
  3. buy them the ship you were gonna waste suicide ganking them.
  4. take them into null sec with a fleet. Let them get a taste of pvp

If they get popped and podded they get no real loss from this. True a few would go back to being carebears but i guarantee once a good majority would get a taste for it they would use their own resources to go do pvp. Help someone now and you may end up with an ally that will help you defend your territory. If every experienced player brought one person to the game and taught them how to play you would not be sitting here complaining about High sec being turned safe. It would just turn into a safe trading hub.

1 Like

■■■■ code

3 Likes

So when one purchases a car, the car is a fantastical shade of piano black and yet the door mirrors are red.

This man apparently thinks the car colour should be stamped as red.

Eve Online has a place where new starters can learn and develop so that they stay rather than migrating to games that actually allow new players to learn the controls before they get blown to pieces.

95% of it is ridiculously dangerous and yet corporations such as yourselves exist in the 5%.

One could argue you’re the ones looking for safety.

4 Likes

If you don’t mind my asking, what country do you live in?

I’m curious because, here in America, we have no expectation of safety in our own homes beyond that which we can provide for ourselves (police being only reactionary, not preventative), so this attitude is very novel and strange to me.

Why do you feel the need to complain about someone who is doing what they should be doing? If we choose to hunt carebears then we should stay in their corner of space.

-See what I did there? The answer to your question is that we kill highsec carebears because: 1) It’s fun, 2) Somebody’s gotta do it. Otherwise, they would have zero risk and that’s not acceptable, welcome to EVE Online.

Here’s you making a ridiculous and condescending attempt to make all carebears seem like innocent children that we’re abusing. Take this **** attitude back to WoW.

1 Like

I live in America man while i agree with defending your self. Your version of the argument is someone should have a right to break into my home and assault me because its fun. See what i did there with that one. Secondly if the best you can do is hunt a carebear maybe your the one that should pick another game. Theres plenty of people out there that im sure would be more fun and fulfilling to hunt down. Finally i am not making an assumption that all players are kids its an example. If you think that the only new players that join this game are Adults well this games life span will last just as long as the current generation is willing to play this game. So why dont you pull your head out from that dark place and teach some carebear how to pvp instead of trying to make up for that lack of confidence you have in real life by picking on one.

1 Like

Having done things like this myself, multiple times, I think you’re being presumptuous. The New Order is an EXTREMELY noob-friendly organization.

That said, gaining and retaining players is CCP’s job. Our only jobs as players is to enjoy the game however we may like.

1 Like

If you leave it purely up to CCP with 90% of these games spaces being hostile to new player then making that remaining 10% hostile your doing a great job killing what ever CCP does to try to make it more appealing to new players joining.

3 Likes

Who broke into your hangar? You should definitely report that, bro… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Jokes aside, this is an irrelevant RL non-analogy.

This is you just sharing your personal prejudice against people who choose to play a certain way.

Your 'think of the children argument is worth about as much as when it was first made 15 years ago.

Again, I have and do mentor noobies. I teach them how to PVP other carebears in Highsec, and even if I don’t coach them, a good first step to learning how to PVP is having your retriever suddenly explode.

Oh and thanks for throwing in that lil bit of armchair psychology and projection. :avocado:

I give new players the benefit of the doubt by assuming that they can actually handle EVE Online, knowing full well that many of them cannot.

Im just gonna leave it at the fact i cant agree with your views. This is a pointless back and forth that accomplishes nothing. Do what you will it is what you want to do (and dont spin this around like oh i dont need your permission because thats not how im tossing it out there.). I dont agree with taking out a carebear for no other reason then to make someone suffer because its the “way the game works”. If CCP follows through with securing high sec you or me wont have any say in what happens.

2 Likes

You had your chance. Wasted it.

1 Like

We are discussing an in-game feature where there are arguments for both side and you resort to acting like this?

I think this thread needs locking please.

Yeah, it really is just a fundamental difference in values. All I can say is that my values align with the ruthless competitive PVP game with no safe zones that is the whole idea behind EVE Online.

I’ve edited the post to account for delicate sensibilities.

The edit is much appreciated, thank you. Continue as you were. The forum rules don’t provide a list, just that there’s a clampdown on being offensive about people. I’ll get out of your thread and let you continue :).

Just incase you are interested:

Section 1.2:

You may not use any abusive, defamatory, ethnically or racially offensive, harassing, harmful, hateful, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, threatening or vulgar language. (Alternate spelling or partial masking of such words will be reprimanded in the same manner as the actual use of such words.)

1 Like

The average age of the highsec carebears I kill is 4-5 years old. So much about your new player argument. Those are mostly nullsec alts who want to farm AFK in perfect safety while doing something else on another character.

1 Like