The Road to Nerfdom: Highsec's Carebear Future

Citation needed.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

My killboard

So people that started playing this game when they did not have a major job or family commitments should be faulted for life changing this could even apply to corp commitments? I just do not agree with that. I do not think its as simple as saying they are majority of being on a different character. A game that is able to hold different methods of play has a better chance of a game with a single method of play of surviving the tests of time. Players should not have to gain losses just because they choose to do something a certain way. I just still do not agree with it. If someone is mining and making ships and it keeps the price of certain ships down because someone wants to do it that way or they make something else with it or even just sell the ore its part of the economy. You should have a choice how you want to play even if its multiple ways at once. If you are supporting more then one character its your choice how to use it.

1 Like

Just some quick statistics pulled from the ten most recent kills on Ima’s zkillboard:

1 1m
2 1 m
3 1y 8m
4 3m
5 9m
6 1 yr 6 m
7 3 yr 5 m
8 1 y 1 m
9 2m
10 9 days

Rounding to the nearest half year, a very quick and dirty calculation gives us an average player age of about 12 months.

These are the “noobs” they’re talking about, ladies and gentlemen. People that have been playing for a year or years.

1 Like

I am afraid we are.

Sleno, my friend. I think this snippet right here sums up your whole position.

Im not looking for an argument just a simple answer to a question. In eve isnt someone that has been playing for under 4 or 5 years still counted as a newb? Judging by standard training time to be able to fly something decent.

I certainly don’t care why they mine in Highsec. All I care is if the mine in Highsec they have to follow the Code like everyone else.

So we both agree that suicide ganking should stay. I’m glad.

It does not require your agreement. Those players choices are what makes them a viable target or not, this is a game, there are multiple options and choosing the right one for the right situation is what differentiates a good from a bad player

No one denies them that choice. You are the one that wants to get rid of a play-style. In fact we depend on mines being there for us to shoot, so I’m always glad if someone is dumb enough to mine in a Hulk.

You seem to forget that it is incredibly easy to make yourself not a target. In the case of mining it is the incredible difficult task (for the common miner) to chose the right hull to make yourself 99.999% secure. So why are you describing this as not viable gameplay? Are those minuscule amounts of remaining risk enough to make the whole thing unacceptable for you?

No. That is the most extensive attempt to stretch the term newb to still have an argument I have seen in recent times.

No what i am saying a solidified wall between 2 play styles isnt a bad thing to have.

You guys need to get your stories straight before posting.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

No, what you are saying is that you don’t like out play-stile and it should be removed from the game

you are assuming that people mining even if on an alt account have the current capability to be 99.99% secure.

Also if people are staying in High sec your forcing your play style on them. They are not forcing theirs on you.

1 Like

He just made a quick average over the last 10 kills. I was talking about my whole killboard history. Should have been obvious, but that doesn’t mean you can’t ask in the future if you have similar trouble understanding simple stuff.

1 Like

The simple answer to the question of wether or not 5 year players are noobs is no. Hell no.

I’m just a 9 year player with long breaks, and I never made a bunch of ISK or learned about huge segments of the game. Does that make me a noob?

1 Like

Do you still train skills when you take a break?

If they make the right choices yes. I already hinted at how that works. It’s also calked playing the game. You do know that this is a game and there are different ships that can be fitted for different circumstances right?

1 Like

My playstyle is hunting carebears, and it’s by design. A feature, not a bug. If it was a bug, it would have been removed 15 years ago.

3 Likes

I do know this i also know that there is a learning curve between play styles. Someone that was doing purely pvp then goes into mining needs to learn that. This applies to going from mining to pvp. Again you are forcing your play style on someone they are not forcing theirs on you.

1 Like

If it was by design concord would not nuke you for doing it?

I’m glad we are at a point where you accept us as an authority on all existing game mechanics.

For alphas only until you have 5mil SP and until your skill queue runs out. For omega as long as you are subscribed and have skills in your queue