The Room for an Argument (specialized Off-Topic)

We might.

1 Like

Why is that?

You can always hang out with the cool capsuleers and have a lot of fun.

I do wonder what restricts people from using their disposable bodies to extreme levels in our field. For pleasure and transformation/experimentation at least. As for destruction, well…

We are still human and have human instincts. To preserve our own life is one of them.

Personally, I have ‘died’ 6 or 7 times total. I would prefer it if I never had to do it again as it is, to put it mildly, very unpleasant. I have heard of other capsuleers who have had their mental health irreparably harmed by pod death. It isn’t natural to die but to live again and it’s why we have to go through so much rigorous training to become a capsuleer in the first place.

If you have managed to overcome this instinct, however, consider that more grease to your elbow and I wish you the best.

Nothing.
People do that. :wink:

I grimly accept that curse removal may be a difficult and dangerous process.

Thank you for the invitation, @Aria_Jenneth, however I have to respectfully refuse to move the discussion I participated in with certain personalities here, as I simply don’t believe it were arguments. When dealing with trolls, I am trying not to argue with them, but to show these obnoxious jerks their place, to tell them in a way to shut up and that I am not interested seeing them - really anywhere.

On the other hand, I am up to heated and intense arguments, provided the participants won’t disgrace themselves with personal attacks and I won’t have to “discard” them into the category I have spoken before.

For that purpose, I have an interesting topic:
The Federation must be destroyed.
And I am willing to prove it to anyone who will disagree!

Would your (as a member of Templis CALSF) allies in the former Gallente militia group Federation Uprising agree, Ms Kim? Or would your allies (as a member of the Caldari State) in CVA be more likely to agree?

I have always wondered if trying to win arguments with strangers requires forms of narcissism I do not possess. It all seems rather self-aggrandizing.

It mostly just requires self hate

Those who get excited from winning arguments with strangers are about same as those deranged pirates, who go all excited for popping a random ship and then bragging about the killmail. Our cluster, unfortunately, is full of these people. I don’t think it’s a narcissim though, it’s just… Well, I don’t know.

As for me, I am repulsed by their behavior and consider them dumb (probably that’s the reason of nickname I gave to Arrendiot). I myself feel excited by defeating only terrible people, would it be in the space or forums. It feels good if I destroy an enemy of the State in space or show place to some obnoxious jerk on forums. I think it’s a satisfaction from delivering justice and making our world to be maybe just a bit brighter. Maybe same gallente occupant won’t murder more innocent civilians if I pop them in space. Maybe same forum troll won’t insult other person because he will be busy yelling at me and being logically defeated.

And when I feel a bad person - that can be felt quite easily, honestly, if they talk disrespectfully, if they make assumptions about their opponent in the argument or just outright lie about other person for the sake of proving them “right”, or they talk with sarcastic remarks instead of being honest, or just attack the State or Empire - I have a deep desire not to “win” against them, but… do everything I can to not let them have what they want. If they want to “win” against a stranger that would happen to be me - I simply won’t let them. Because they don’t deserve it.

While I won’t decry someone arguing because they find it exciting, feeling good, or satisfying, I personally find such reasons too indulgent for my own tastes.

1 Like

Indulgent by making world better?
The more scum we fight, the better lives for everyone (except that scum).
It’s a feeling of job being done good, if you did your work good, you should feel good, isn’t it so?

I am Deteis and was enculturated and trained as such. Priority was placed on self-control and moderation to achieve an effective emotional and psychological baseline without the distraction of sentiment which was part of my childhood indoctrination protocols, and remain standards I try to maintain. As such, I believe my work should be prosecuted in accordance with established rules, guidelines and operating procedures, separate and distinct from my own feelings on the nature of that work – irrespective of successful outcomes.

If you are going to introduce something in my mouth, i ask you again, let it be nice for both of us. I can do wonders with it if you are interested.

Are you implying there is a soul, and if there is, it is not perfect?

2 Likes

… and here again we see why we don’t get along.

Much like a spirit or god, it’s not necessary for the “soul” to exist as something distinct for it to be a useful concept. Even if, as I do believe is the case, there is no separate, spiritual world (in dreams or outside of them), there is still the track we leave passing through this world: lives touched, stones turned, patterns reinforced or interfered with.

I don’t need to exist as a spirit or even a separate being for there to be a sort of uttermost self for me to nurture. And if you behave as though such an existence isn’t real or can’t be twisted into something horrifying, even being objectively correct won’t save you.

Oh, ok. There are certain words that are like a prisioner being pulled by 4 horsed cars, sometimes is hard to get to know what direction you are pulling among all the screaming.

Not that all screams are necessarily unpleasant for the person, of course.

1 Like

No worries.

One of the great difficulties of our faith (or belief system, if “faith” seems a sticky word) is that it involves a whole lot of using words to try to express stuff that isn’t readily describable even through metaphor. (The totality that can be seen/touched/named/described is not the true Totality, etc.) The result is inevitably just piles of misunderstandings, with only glimpses, moments of insight, beckoning us on until maybe, just maybe, we finally reach our goal.

I know I can be pretty hard on you, but I think really we’re each as lost as the other: each clever, neither wise.

I like rough too. :heart_eyes_cat:

Yes, you write this thought a lot. The difference is that i am not going anywhere.

Oh, don’t say that. It’s hard to learn anything new if you don’t go anywhere.