The Savagery of Gallenteans, or shall a government be afraid of people?

atentioun ye las time CONCORD hat a me n say “ay Saccade u posten bout u corpse n pantie we cna” so here we go. One a three thing happen.

1. kimlet u gox a probaleme n et manufex on a develope a bebe where u make a need unmet n state she be “ay kimlex fux a u make more unfux” n u maxe more unfux ever since savelen on that fux be the base leveu n dwat funamen a humane a make cause how fuxena we do a improvemen? FUXALEN HUP and here kimlet is

2. beb kimlet get defenete n here kimlet is

3. im kimlet all this time aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy

on a conclusion this pos got 8 minutes a live loox on a fish

7 Likes

i couldn’t decrypt this one entirely but i’m smiling so much

1 Like

Is it weird that my biggest question is why does the Commander treat her secretaries as her mother? I mean everything else here makes complete sense coming from the Commander.

Affirmative.
It is weird that it’s your biggest question.

1 Like

Pointing out that Caldari cultural norms and methods of governance differ to that of the Gallente and the Federation is unsurprising – a century long war was fought over those differences after all. However, the necessities of pseudo speciation for some aside, I do not think those differences make the Gallente lesser, or savages, but it does make their civilization different to that of Caldari.

The fundamental difference between Caldari and Gallente cultures (to me anyway) is in that approach to differences: where a Caldari might think, I am a Caldari, and this is you and this is me, this how we differ, a Gallente will try to say no differences exist, everyone is a human being and since Gallente are also human beings so everyone should be like a Gallente.

I suppose given an apple and an orange a Caldari will say they are obviously two different things whereas a Gallente will say they are the exact same thing because they are fruits.

However, despite their best attempts and the rhetoric of Gallente idealists I do not see Caldari culture changing. Culture is a very resilient thing. If I look to the Minmatar, their culture still exists despite the best attempts of the Amarr to erase it. If a culture can still exist the enslavement of its people, genocide, and the brutalization to adopt a foreign belief system then I certainly have no anxiety that Caldari culture will remain strong given that it is upheld and defended currently by trillions of citizens, the guns of the army, and the wall of the Fleet.

As for what Caldari culture is, broadly speaking, I would say given our history it is a martial culture steeped in the concept of survivalist philosophy. I don’t think Caldari even realize just how violent our society is compared to most everyone else in the cluster. For example, when I was working at my legal firm there was an armoury on every floor of office. My SOP had predetermined grid coordinates for artillery fire in the local area. The local park where I had my lunch was landscaped around an orbital defense battery. These things were just normal to me and to be accepted.

I think many outside the State think these aspects are forced upon Caldari by its leaders, when really it’s mostly the other way around. Caldari culture condones such overt displays of militarism as part of its martial traditions. The same too with capitalism and the meritocracy – there is an expectation every citizen prove their worth in the struggle to survive, and those who do prove their worth are seen as both fit to rule and to be given a greater share of society’s resources. These concepts of martial tradition and competition in the struggle of life are seen in preferred Caldari entertainment: Splinterz, bloody arena combats, even the capsuleer Alliance Tournament.

The Caldari State is not imposed upon its citizens by anyone, rather it is the outcome of what Caldari think society should be as a reflection of its cultural values: a test of worth; a struggle against the indifference of the Maker’s creation; and expression of martial traditions thousands of years old.

Of course, that won’t change the usual attempts at forced memes by those capsuleers who misunderstand Caldari culture. Whether it’s Gallente trying to point out the immigration into the Federation during the Heth era as a sign everyone in the State is going to suddenly accept democracy and rejoin the Federation; or Amarr trying to make false equivalence with the Caldari Maker and their God in the hopes everyone in the State is going to suddenly accept religion and join the Empire.

No, I think most Caldari are just fine being Caldari and being successful because of it.

1 Like

No, we would say they are both tasty. But we know that they are different.

1 Like

While speaking about differences, this is a completely different issue with gallenteans that what I was bringing. I think it deserves a separate discussion, yet I can’t lose possibility just to roll over it right here - just for a bit.

And that issue is… equality. There is nothing wrong in insisting that apples are apples, or that fruits are fruits. Or even that humans are humans. But insisting that apple is same as orange or that two humans shall be equal is intrinsically wrong. I am not speaking, however, against equal opportunities. As a Caldari, I believe that everyone shall be provided with possibility to reveal their merits. But, again, once you show merit, you shall get more opportunities than those without said merit. You get a good education, but if you suck in it, you don’t get better education. If you suck at work, you don’t get promotion or better life conditions. If you suck - you suck. You can get hired by a megacorp and rise yourself into CEO or degrade into janitor. You deserve only what you have earned and what your skills allow you. And teaching dumb kids together with genius kids by the same programs is just wrong.

What I am standing against is egalitarianism. And I am standing against it not just because “I am Caldari” or just because “I feel I shall be right”, but because it is based on a false assumption that all people are equal. And that’s just anti-scientific nonsence.

No men were created equal!

We all have different genomes, different genotypes, expressed into different phenotypes, molded by different experiences we walk through our life. There are no two equal human beings with same abilities (except the clones, of course). One human is always better than other one in one field (but can be worse in another). We all are unique, we can be measured and arranged. Some were born to be on the top, others have earned to be on the top, and others are just stagnating behind, either because they have no ability, or because they’re too lazy to express their genotype advantages. And different abilities require different treatment.

Equality is inhumane! It is an irrational belief that turns human society into grey herd of mindless sheep through indoctrination in democracies, freedoms, and other typical gallente stuff. Add with that individualistic-egoistic indoctrination to make these grey mindless sheep crawl in each own direction to please their own petty needs. Though, the vice of individualism is just another line of discussion.

To summarize this, I’d like to emphasize one more time, that:
Egalitarianism is

• irrational
  • unethical
  • and inhumane
  • dogma.

Well, indeed. It’s quite sad that certain people blame us in being “slaves” or just pawns. While, indeed, we do have a feeling of duty and servitude, these aspects are forced by our way of life. Imagine, for example what would happen if a megacorp CEO will decide to marry someone of his/her own gender… they won’t be just demoted, they’ll be kicked out from their corporation with shame.

As Sobaseki said - it is the Corporations that represents the will of Caldari people. And leaders are just employees of our Corporations. Of course, they’re the wisest and most merited ones, “natural-born” leaders who were destined to govern us… but just employees.

This, actually, reflects the topic of the discussion. Shall CEO be afraid of people of Corporation? The answer is still: NO. Because whenever you do anything, propose innovation, do something daring, you never should look back at your subordinates. They will kick you out only if you do something outragingly un-Caldari and illegal. And that would mean - you’re a criminal. And if you’re a criminal, you ALWAYS shall be afraid of the LAW.

You mean all these fools who were kicked out for incompetence from their positions which they got not by meritocratic standards but through nepotism?

You know, I myself often try to build partial equivalence between them as philosophical musing. But… good luck to them trying that, since in the State people don’t really worship the Maker. And if you convince Caldari somehow that there’s only God instead of the Maker - that won’t change anything. While some Caldari might be devoted to Winds and Ancestors, I’ve never saw anyone devoted to the Maker.

1 Like

I’m glad to see that the CRC are still allowing the IGS to be a platform for… this.

2 Likes

They’ll allow anyone in from the cold these days, instead of taking a firm hand with such nonsense. Then again, I think we have all been prone to doing silly things at certain stages of our careers.

Some of us learn from it, others remain frighteningly consistent and irrepressible from their beliefs.

Ah well.

2 Likes

This may go badly for me, but… “equality” refers to equal treatment for people in equivalent circumstances.

For example, the Federation does not fine fruit vendors if they sell apples for different prices than oranges.

However, vendors would be fined if they charge Brutor different prices than Khannid for purchases that are identical in all respects other than the race of the buyer.

1 Like

It’s fantastic to see the freedom of speech by Caldari is protected by interstellar institutions (as it should be) and not censored by those wishing to advance the lies and false narrative of the Gallente mainstream media.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.