The single charge that will FIX EVE

Yes please.

The Mobile Cynosural Inhibitor is already a thing, but is not instantaneous and also costs some ISK. The natural response for the EVE community is to whine to CCP that life needs to be made even easier; there is some residual risk left and we cannot PvP under those cirumstances.

1 Like

maybe fit this module only to marauders?

Why should situational awareness be in any way relaxed in nulsec? You just want to rat even more risk free than normal and as such this idea will further destroy EvE not fix it. Risk is the only thing that can save EvE, every change pandering to safety advocates has resulted in fewer players overall and a more stagnant game.

EDIT : Not a goon, just in touch with reality.

1 Like

Thats an interesting perspective and Id say Id have to agree… I really hadnt thought of this

1 Like

No. Go away.

When they were coming out with the small structures, they had a cyno suppressor item that stopped cynos in a certain range, but i think they scrapped it, like they did the decoy structure.

Where is the risk with you fighting while having a cyno and supers ready to jump any time?
Where is the risk with you ratting and having 3 stabs and a cyno for your buddies with 10 titans and 10 supers to undock and jump to kill the ceptor that tackled you?

You sound like a goon to me:)

P.S. I think you misread the whole thing. I suggest you give it a go again. You speak about “ratting risk free” which can not be a valid point at all since it’s not related to this. This probe will actually prevent you from ratting risk free since you may end up with a carrier that can’t light a cyno for the other 30 supers to jump to save you. So yes, please read again.

What i am proposing will fix this. Having a dictor with this bubble will effectively neutralize any “bait” situations or make your gang safer from supers escalation that you can’t possibly fight. It will open up much more possibilities and will again bring small gang and roams into light. Just because they will have a chance to protect themselves from the next “Omg look at me i am in mothership” fellow.

It will work prolly in small fleets, but not in solo PVP situations. Not everybody will perform Low-Sec PVP in that kind of ships, like not everybody doing it in a, let say, 0.0 Sabre currently. What must do a player with an Armagedon?

[update]

Are you offering universal probes? Like Sister ones?

In this scenario, many ships will be forced to sacrifice a valuable high-slot damaging module.

I agree it won’t work for solo. But it will work for duo or more. In our current situation it doesn’t work at all. I rather have it working for everything else but solo then not having it at all.

P.S. I know it sux when you get dropped by 3 nyx 1 hel 2 titans 2 dreds and 2 faxes just because you pointed the damn ishtar on anomaly.

No, its a charge that is wasted once it expires. Much like the interdiction probes that gets launched by interdictor. It can only be launched from an launcher module that can only be fitted on interdictor. My initial thoughts were that you can load 3 interdiction bubbles in the launcher OR 1 cynosural suppression bubble.

It’s kind of a thread hijack, so tell me to ■■■■ off if you want, but what about a different approach.

Scrams will prevent caps from jumping. They’ll prevent them from gating, even from docking. What if they also prevent cynos from lighting? (not turn off something already lit, just prevent from lighting).

It’s targeted, short range, easily countered (destroy/neut/ecm/burst jam the tackle, or just get your friend to light it - yes, playing with friends helps.

It’s not a probe, and I think that’s the point behind my alternative; it can’t be dropped pre-emptively, it has to be actively maintained. You can’t just drop it and warp away, like dictors do with bubbles.

1 Like

In 0.0 this fleet stuff will be interesting. In Low-Sec we need and environmental limitation like Interdiction Spheres have to grant more opportunities for solo PVP brawlers.

Scrams and what’s OP offering are different things. If there is a small chance to have a small PVP brawl in hostile space, you’ll be disintegrated by a super fleet instantly. In this scenario, any kind of Scramblers or Disruptors, faction or officer, matters nothing.

A scram have 10km range. An opponent can have a stealth cyno frigate at 90km distance - perfect and optimal distance for supers.

You have a point there, but when you look it different angle you will realize that giving this additional effect to the warp scrambler module will make it part of every ship fit which is something we don’t want. The option for you to bring all your friends to help you with a single action needs to have a counter-action.

Additional point against it is that you will have to change the entire mechanic behind the scrambler just to accommodate that and this is even more radical change then adding a single charge.

Well, what i am proposing will not help you against that either. But it will help you if they send a bait through the gate which you tackle and warp/cyno disrupt before it can light the cyno.

That’s a Rorqual emergency cyno scenario, I mean.

And in this case, you’ve already got a fight. They’re already there to do said disintegrating. That’s the exact right time to NOT interfere with cynos - capital fleet is on grid, said probes should be warp bubbles not cynos.

Are you saying that OP’s probe would have a 100km range? If so, that’s ludicrous.

You may not, personally I hate kiting meta. Scrams are for brawling, and brawling is something that really doesn’t happen in the current meta - at least, I’ve certainly never seen a good brawl happen any time in the last X years. It’s all ranged ■■■■■■■■ and kiting ■■■■■■■■.

If you’ve got the drop on someone and you want to prevent them from calling in their capital umbrella, you need a sacrifice. That sacrifice is sticking your hand in the blender. You need to amplify your own risk (aka they can actually hit you and you can’t run away), to take the amplified reward (they can’t call in their super fleet).

Different perspective on the same argument.

1 Like

Yes. Which is fine since it will require from you to prepare or engage your friend to support you. Which is nice.