The single charge that will FIX EVE

My initial thoughts were radius of 10km with total diameter from end to end of 20km.

Which is reasonable. I was moreso just asking the question to illustrate that the circumstance quoted held no relevance either way.

I believe giving aggression timer to the interdictor that launches the cyno suppressing probe will be enough. Will not be able to run back through the gate, which increases exposure and risk for the ship.

Also, the idea is for this effect to not be sustainable from single ship (expires way faster then reload time), so you already have something that you give up (additional members in fleet to cover that role if you want to keep your opponent from lighting a cyno). Of course for big fleets this is not big of a deal, but here we target the fleets under 30 people which for me counts as a small to medium gang.

1 Like

This concept definitely should have different applications in solo PVP, small fleet PVP and a big BLOB PVP. You just pointing to a BLOB PVP. In a system or Constellation where a staging Alliance fleet is situated the things will work differently. Nobody will warp in the middle of hostile BLOB, like it happened with those 3 Nyxes at 9-4 Keepstar. In small or solo PVP it will prevent a BLOB to drop on your 5 vessels fleet, and it’s ok, because such kind of PVP isn’t so damaging like a BLOB invasion.

It’s a suggestion. The data should be analysed to balance this. It can be 75km or it can be 200km. IDK exactly the best range for it.

According to the EVE Scientists, the current technology can only support range of no more then 20 to 30 km in diameter for no more then 30 to 40 seconds. :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, the best protection range to be from a summoned hostile Loki Arty fleet. A very useful Cynosural Suppresion Probe. I’m feeling very safe now.

Even Gates have better protection - stealth and a random 13km range position.

I rather lose my 10 people camping fleet to arty loki fleet then to single Hel cynoed in by the “damn t1 hauler” that we just tackled.
In fact i’ll be glad to die like this. Just because i’ll be happy to see SUB-cap fleets on grid.

2 Likes

Rip jump freighters. Yes please.

How the hell you will kill a Jump Freighter with this?

IDK, mate. I saw videos when a fleet of like 15 Arty Loki 1-shoted T1 BS like Typhoons and so on.

Like this happened in voice chanel: 3…2…1… F1 BOOM! 3…2…1…F1 BOOM! 3…2…1…F1 BOOM!

I was just thinking that with all the hot dropping bs that PvP just isnt fun anymore. Or atleast as it used to be.

The option for your fleet to resists the enemy cyno-drop will definitely help in bringing back small gang/roaming.

1 Like

It surely will.

I dunno… I still think more risk needs to be there for the person doing the inhibiting. Just an aggression timer is most definitely not enough - they’ll just bounce safes if they need to.

Ultimately, there needs to be counterplay. Anything that is set-and-forget like a dictor bubble presently is (even less risk than those because the dictor doesn’t need to burn out of his own bubble first) is simply too risk-free for the attackers.

As the attackers, already you’ve had the advantage of deciding the time, place, target, and composition.

The defender presently has a huge i-win button on his ship… I never undock my caps without one, and honestly, if I get tackled, they’d better be able to blap me because otherwise the hammer’s coming down on them hard.

The i-win button needs to be nerfed, definitely, but it can’t swing too far in the favour of the attackers, who’ve already decided every other circumstance.

By making it something that is actively maintained in close range (for the sake of this post, a scram, though I’m hardly set on that, it could even be a new module with a similar range) it not only gives the brawling meta a real reason to undock, but it gives the defender wonderful new fitting opportinities.

How many rorqs do you see with burst jammers? I’m sure a few, but the majority are anci fit and can tank supers for days until they get neuted. Now they can choose to reduce their tank in favour of being able to “probably” counter a scram. Now your attackers can decide whether or not they want to fit an ECCM scripted sebo so that they can really hold tackle and prevent that hammer from coming down.

But even then, the rorq can ■■■■ damage all over them, especially if it has a point and web… however now rorq pilot is making additional fitting changes.

All stemming from the simple requirement that it be something that you can only effectively use in brawling range.

It doesn’t affect large capital fights, which should absolutely be allowed to escalate every which way… that’s how caps die. All it does is force a bait-fitted ship or something that is under a capital umbrella to make fitting sacrifices in order to make that capital umbrella viable.

I definitely don’t understand the ramifications of this, but instead of adding this to existing scrams, what about as a script to load into the heavy disruptor for HICs?

You have lots of points there. Let me just reflect on few:
Most of the times this module will be used defensively instead of offensively. I am pretty sure of it. It’s way harder to bring it to the attacking fleet.

You mention rorqual. Well they have invulnerability module. How much more “safe” you want it to be?
The probe you launch stays stationary. Which means you have multiple options if you still want to light that cyno:

1. Burn off the range (other fleet will need ot have several dictors in order to prevent your cyno permanently)
  2. Wait for the bubble to expire
  3. Warp out
  4. Re-approach

Everything you attributed to the scram module is true for the cyno disrupt probe as well, with one significant difference:

• It can not be spammed like the scram.
  • they will eventually get depleted (you can load only 1 in the launcher which implies they are heavier. Which means the ship will only carry a limited number of these in it’s cargo)

You need to give something in order to gain this advantage. In my case you dedicate pilots to do only this job and sacrifice dps or support for this to happen, while in yours you lose nothing as Hictor can have multiple high slot modules and activate simultaneously both scram and cynosural disruptor. Which in my book makes him the logical first target for any fleets. (As well as ship that fulfills two unique assignments in a fleet. Which for me is not good design)

My counter argument is that this will be used by attackers almost exclusively as an offensive module. You’ll catch someone while they’re ratting or mining, who is relying on the fact that a supercap fleet is one cyno away.

They’ll never bring one of these so that in case they get tackled, they can drop one to prevent the hostiles from lighting a regular cyno on them (it’ll be blops 99 times out of 100 which isn’t affected).

PANIC doesn’t make them safe. It gives defenders a chance to respond… which is ideal, because then we get fights instead of ganks. That is a very good thing. IIRC they can’t light a cyno while they’re PANIC’d though so there’s that. If I’m wrong, that’s how it should be and such a change would definitely fit in with the addition of a more effective cyno inhib than currently exists.

Being real, the only time you need to worry about a cyno is when you’re taking on a cap or a bait ship. Nobody’s gonna bother putting a cyno on a ratting subcap, unless as said, it’s bait, except maybe a marauder. They get blapped WAY too fast because hey they just stopped moving and there’s 20 ships shooting at them.

So with that in mind… how easy is it for capitals to move out of a bubble? It’s not (if it was, interdiction probes wouldn’t be such a threat to them). Rorqs/dreads are sieged, carriers/supers are just too slow. Burning 10km? Not gonna work. If it will, you can bet I’ll just bring 2 dictors instead of one so that when they get close to the edge, I drop a fresh one.

• This is true. A fitted module, be it a scram or otherwise, can be spammed… yet they’re all exposing themselves to incredible risk. If you can scram me, I can scram/web you. And then it’s time to say goodnight cause I’m gonna skullfuck you, hope you brought logistics. Risk and reward.
  • Probes might get depleted eventually, sure, but that’s easily fixed - bring more dictors. Bring spare probes in your DPS subcaps… oh dictor 1 is running out, okay, I’m dropping a can with probes in it. SoAndSo is next to drop a can. Meanwhile, your dictors themselves WILL have warped off-grid, reducing their risk to zero and reducing enemy counterplay also to zero.
1 Like

actually … this is a decent proposal… I know that is just my /02 but dude, that makes a lot of sense.

I don’t mean to hijack the thread which I certainly have at this point, so I’ll probably leave it be from here unless the OP solicits more from me on it. But as a concept, I do enjoy scrams blocking cynos… I may just make a thread for it so that a focused discussion can exist on the topic.

1 Like