The single charge that will FIX EVE

Scram blocking cynos would be too powerful. Unless its a hic scram. Or a Bs sized module.

It’ll be abused to hell. As terrible as hot drops are, it’s worse to simply avoid being counter dropped.

A cyno inhib already exists and does get used in some circumstances.

Stats are here http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/item.php?type_id=33476

The risk is the hundreds of billions of ISK the supercarriers cost and the potential to get baited. There are any number of examples available on ZKill.

Well the risk with tha stabs is that you’re not going to get any ratting done because crap targeting, coupled with the fact you used a highslot for a cyno. That aside as I explained above, the risk is all the money on the table for the response fleet. Obviously :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You sound like you have the most basic idea of the politics in EvE and are painting anyone who disagrees with you as the generic go to bad guy.

I think it’s short sighted of you to think a change like this would affect only the single necessary aspect of anything.

I don’t like the idea of preventing cyno .

I’d rather have it prevent JUMP than using cyno. Meaning, you use it AFTER a cyno is lit, knowing it will prevent a jump - or better, after a few have jumped, to prevent the reinforcement form incoming in totality.

the two changes eve needs are.
15min cloak cycling
and war decs needing a hq citadel to declare from in each constellation you want it to apply.

this is small fry compared to the effect those two changes would have on player activity levels in game.

Oooooh similar idea to one I suggested in the war dec discord. Good idea!

My one was having a CONCORD agent that was in a Citadel who enabled the holding entity to declare more than 4 war decs. If the citadel was destroyed all but four war decs would drop. On the other side he would give a sort of watch list capability of sorts, but people had to come and ask him. The war deckers I suggested it to hated it because they would have potentially direct consequences from war decking the more muscular nullsec entities.

As for the OP’s idea, I am not in favour of it, I have been on both sides of this, there is a sort of balance, and a cyno inhibitator does exist, however I think it is a bit too pricey., personally I would adjust them so that they can be scooped at the current price range as they are too niche.

I might be late to the party but…

Say carrier is tackled by roaming gang. It was not fast enough to light a cyno and got like 5+ scrams on it.
Now to light a cyno carrier would need to kill/jam/whatever 5 targets?

Am i wrong?

Thank you for opinion. I now realize that you are one of the guys who jump his titan/mothership on the cruiser that comes and looks for a fight.

Have fun.

In our current situation, you get a cyno lit by the carrier and the roaming gang gets 1 shotted by single mothership (or 30) . What i propose will delay the cyno capabilities enough for the roaming gang to try to do damage or flee.

[Upon my original post i used some angry words against CCP and the Game. I later realize that you can’t actually ask someone to do something and then insult them like this. So i am going to self-censure here in the hopes that what i am proposing will actually be considered by the people who can take the decision]

If you speak like this, it proves you haven’t been on both sides. Speaking of a module that NOBODY uses just because it’s so ridiculous like the guy who came up with the idea of it.

[Upon my original post i used some angry words against CCP and the Game. I later realize that you can’t actually ask someone to do something and then insult them like this. So i am going to self-censure here in the hopes that what i am proposing will actually be considered by the people who can take the decision]

Move into WH space.

When I said I have been on both sides it is being faced by people who drop caps on a rifter and have ultimate final escalation capacity, and being in a position to drop caps on a rifter if we can be bothered too of course and can out escalate all of the people around us, at least in our main TZ. So prove me wrong…

Well the module that no one uses was used in that battle, sadly I missed the ping, but I was listening as the battle went down and our logi was repping the cyno inhib at one point…

After the imposition of jump fatigue at the original level lowsec players started using their caps and a lot of people enjoyed that freedom. Now jump fatigue has been capped and you have more risk, it is the way it is.

Your idea is interesting, I give it that, but the game has a sort of balance as it is and I would suggest that the better option is to make the cyno inhib a multi use option at least at its current price level…

20 km range will in fact have no real impact, mainly because the sirens will still get on you fast. But you did pack a MJD did you? You did plan your fleet composition to GTFO, did you?

The impact of your idea is on Rorqual mining, a key part of any whaling attempt is to get the cyno inhib online, you just made it really easy to block the Rorqual from getting help. Though it is amazing the number of times people in Rorquals miss a cyno inhib going down and don’t try to shoot it.

This issue goes back to the cyno itself, some people have suggested that cyno’s should be linked to structures only and are not instant jump in I win things, I sort of lean towards that line of thinking, though it is damn good fun to drop on people, especially people who kite all the time.

Not in the least. 5v1, 10v1, whatever small gang just rolled through, that should be a foregone conclusion.

I’m perfectly fine with capital ships being tanky and having a good amount of punch to them (lets face it, paper tank capitals or capitals that don’t hit as hard as they do now would be lame), but at the end of the day, your gang shouldn’t have any issues killing a solo carrier.

And, in the present meta, it doesn’t. A solo carrier was never a threat to a gang.

In the situation you describe, said carrier should have a friend who is not scrammed light the cyno. Team play in an MMO.

Current Cyno INHIBitor deployable module can be 3 shot by a super, the probe can not.

This module will only help small gangs/ roams / camps, not big fleets. Big fleets have much more options then dying off from a single Hel.

1 Like

That is a counter, in that event where my alliance dropped an inhib the super decloaked to kill the inhib imo.

But in terms of the probes if they are the same as bubbles you can smart bomb them and you can booosh them.

I understand where you are coming from. I mean it is part of the game balance working out what to use, quite often I have been in fleets where we had to pass on an opportunity because we did not have the right composition to succeed and as opportunities are less and less, it kinda hurts…

Exactly, if you are prepared you have an option too. Which is cool. The dictor needs to work in order to prevent you to open cyno for your friends to jump their titans and dreds and motherships and 3 faxes so that they can kill the 5 ceptor roaming gang.

Cyno is Defensive, this counters the cyno, doesn’t make it offensive, makes it counter-defensive. :slight_smile:

Lets recap what we all discussed until now shall we:
I decided to separate the points into PROS and CONS, but i relalized that
for many people a point in PROS would be actually a CON point. So i merge them
together and you can decide for yourself.

• Can not be killed by direct Fire
  • Can not be spammed by the dictor (40 seconds life time / 3 minutes reload time)
  • Can be killed by Smart Bombs
  • Does not stop Covert Cynosural Field from Initiation.
  • It’s a charge which expires after lifetime ends.
  • Too heavy for big number of supplies to be carried out by the dictor.
  • Gives aggression timer to the dictor upon launch.
  • Banned in High Sec
  • Suspect flag to the player in Low Sec

STATS:

• Can only be launched from Interdicor Launcher
  • You can load only 1 in the interdictor launcher
  • 10 KM radius (20 km diameter)
  • 40 seconds life
  • 3 minutes reload time