The single charge that will FIX EVE

But this magical friend will have scrams on him too. Because this “small gang” will scram both of them.

So in the end the only chance for team play for carrier he must have more ships around than your small gang. And then your small gang will have nothing to do right from the start.

And why you think that me and my alt (2 ships = small gang) in interceptors should have no issues to kill any solo carrier we manage to catch? Or you define small gang differently so 2 ships do not belong to this category?

I mean have you looked at my killboard for evidence or are you just upset because I disagree with you?

Okay, so give Jump Freighters their own kind of cyno that would be exempted just like Covert Cynos are. It would even be a great opportunity to help traders out with some of the first new content for that entire lifestyle in years, if you added a new type of Jump Freighter cyno and new mechanics for it.

Splitting hairs, the cyno is neither offensive or defensive. The fleet on the other side, although acting in defense of their comrade, is actively seeking to join the conflict they were not previously involved in - that makes it offensive :wink: (I’m just trolling at this point, I don’t expect a serious answer).

Carrier Pilot: HELP I’m scrammed!
VNI pilot: Okay, in warp 100 off… landing… cyno up!
Small gang: Oh fu–
Superblob: Hi there, we heard you wanted to play.

Notably, I said it would prevent lighting (not turn off) a cyno. Also noteworthy is that the carrier/rorq/whoever can light their cyno before the dude tackling them has even landed from warp… if they were cloaked, unless they’re in a bomber they have a recalibration delay that gives the carrier pilot 5 seconds to light.

1 Like

It is not about the disagreement, it’s the points you make. For you the game in this current state is fine enough. And this for me means you have no problem jumping MS or Titan on cruisers just because you can.

I don’t really get your point. Why would we need yet another cyno when you have one already?

I totally get your point and i like it much more then mine, however i try to stay on the ground and only force ideas that actually have a teardrop chance in hell to happen. Scramblers preventing cyno is too IMBA even in my head this is why i didn’t actually gave the support. (I like it a lot, but i know it can’t happen)

I get that - and I’m doing my best to bow out on that particular direction. Discussion was had and ultimately, it ended up becoming a thread hijack.

To me, it’s not imba though. And I say this as someone protected by a capital umbrella. Regardless.

Meeeeeh… I wanna drop it but I just had an interesting idea.

So… black ops. They’re supposed to be the wrench that somehow gets shoved up your ass to screw things up, right?

What if black ops battleships could inhibit cynos with their scrams? They’ve got:

• 3 bil price tags
  • ■■■■ tank, large sig, slow speed (aka you can apply dps to them with ease)
  • They’d be in scram range, which means if it’s bait, they just got themselves scrammed as well
  • No real value on a hot drop unless you’re very short on pilots

I’d say a module like a probe launcher or a high slot “cyno inhib generator” much like a HIC bubble, but I would want to make sure that they’re close enough to really ■■■■ themselves.

1 Like

Yup. I am among those players. This was not the only reason causing me to quit but cap and blob proliferation in general was a huge part of it. When I came back to the game after a 2 year break (or around there). I decided to not engage in any NS, cap, large alliance and all that sort of crap. Some of them even want you to multi box / bot for them if you wanna join.

I very much agree with the OP and support everything and anything that would put a dent in this, no matter how minor. Even a very minor step in the right direction such as this is better then nothing.

1 Like

Cyno can be lit by noob ship. Why the counter measure needs to be so expensive? Dictor skills and the probe limits already make it hard. I don’t see the need to risk a blackop every time i want to prevent the bait to open cyno. Doesn’t make sense and it’s far from the idea that i had.

Could make the covert cyno inhibit regular cynos in an area. Or make it a covops or recon only thing.

With the new CSM, sorry - GSM - good luck getting any changes (let alone nerfs) to null-sec. Want to rattle some chains? Ban cynos and supercapitals in low-sec and disallow supercapitals from using jump gates.

1 Like

If they’re gating at all they’re doign it wrong. They have jump drives… if you have a super you should at minimum have a fax alt, which means you can use that alt to light your cyno at the destination.

I have and will continue to use the JD, even to move a single system over.

Topic moved to Player Features and Ideas Discussion

Unfortunately, after the new CSM is now known, where half of it are the same people from the same alliances who ruined EVE for years now, this fight is already lost.

Nice try guys.

1 Like

Horrible, the entire idea of cynos is just wasted with this introduction. You are supposed to be able to call for assistance when you get aggressed. There is no real downside to this probe since you can just take 50 dictors (or at least the goons will do it) and then whomever is being aggressed is auto-dead.

Ominous that it is CSM 13

Dude Goons/PL drop you with 100 titans 200 dreads 100 carriers 100 faxes and 200 motherships. Even if you take 1204872358782375823795823 dictors you are gone dude. What assistance … what 5 cents? You are oblivious.

Every other offensive skill and module in game has countermeasure that you can enact. Why Cynosural field can not be countered?

I posted this before CSM. Now that i see who is in the new CSM i know this has no chance.

However, please consider at least if in the range of this probe the cynosural field strength is so disturbed that the ships that lock on the beacon will have 2 minutes delay locking it for jump and when they jump they will end up on random spots in the system (Interference from the probe caused the jump coordinates to not be as precise).