'The Whaler' - This is the Future of EVE, and it's not what I expected to be

Thank you for your contribution.
Not everyone is a winner, most people will be just doing their mining and reading or hearing about the PVP heroes.
I could ltell you the story of what broke “Fallen Earth” but since I don’t have the time now, maybe we’ll chat over a beer at a playermeeting. I fully understand your aversion to the “Everyone wins.” system that removed effort and will make people quit eventually due to lack of goals in a system where “the steps are redimensioned”.

At the end of the day, people who pay real money for subs OR for PLEX is subsidizing the play style of multiboxers who rely solely on in game Isk making for their premium accounts.

People should realize who is the hand here that feeds them.

That was neat! :smiley:

My paycheque and credit card(s)? Right now? A gold card. I’m a little nutty about debt so I pay off my cards as soon as I use them. I don’t think $20-30 US a month is a big deal.

Recently saw this vid as well. Mad props to @Olmeca_Gold. It’s some serious dedication and ingenuity.

But somewhat agree with the op. Why is it THIS hard to hunt big targets and harrass groups in null-sec of all places?

I didn’t notice that hunting had been gradually patched out.

3 Likes

Multiboxers have the advantage in that they don’t have to herd cats to get a fleet together.

You don’t herd cats? It’s something I live for.

AMRQ8506%20(1)

2 Likes

A single account is fine, if:
-You want be casual and not very ambitious.
-You’re in a large-ish group and just want to join fleets for pvp, and do income-earning stuff solo
-You have friends who will spend their game time helping you do things (such as lighting a cyno for you), and they are also active and online when you are. (A great situation, but not one that pops up everywhere, or one that might last forever).

But if you’re hardcore about the game and ambitious, and none of the above apply to you-- you will always be at a disadvantage vs. a multiboxer. In combat pvp, market pvp, hauling, or I suppose about anything else. You have the abilities and power of one char, and the other guy has the power of two. Well, maybe not a full two, because of divided attention. But 1.x - 2.

1 Like

An oldie but a goodie:

3 Likes

I’d like to add also that 1 character is boring, having multiple characters to manage is challenging at times and more of a meshing of your two character that work together like ying and yang?
Best explanation I can think of. In the past perhaps neutral logistics but we have to ascend past that now. Plus 4 character+ to train to do something to make isk from invention to planet mining can make a difference between having a 7 and 12 figure wallet?

Money%20Bags

Facts?

Don’t anger the bittervets with facts.

They don’t like facts.

Facts are the enemy and if said facts deny their view of the world than those are lies only spit out by game haters.

THEY are the good guys and everybody that argues with them are carebears that want to kill “THE” game…

3 Likes

Bitterness has turned to full blown sea water? But with a reduced playerbase, like the dead sea, concentrated salt. Good name for a corporation?

For everyone but not the big botting alliances right? Cause unfortunately I don’t see that problem being solved

Especially for them.

1 Like

I hope so

Using more then one character at a time is challenging? Cause doing 1v1 is just so easy now isnt it when you can’t bring in you 3 other logi alts to ensure a win right.

1 Like

Oddly its you that seems bitter… and that doesnt like facts.

FACT; small gang and solo pvpers often do pve to make isk, they dont care if its safe or not because it is not needed to have that net due to the intelligence to work around it or use it to their advantage.

If they do want a safe income they run incursions in highsec or some such… easy when you think about it.

Nullsec and lowsec have capital balance and wealth distribution issues, in other words there is no risk to using supers and titans vs npc’s and theres no reason to leave the same system in order to make isk; that should be changed as well as some other minor details. Its not an issue that a capital force can move so freely, the real issue is that there is no risk or need to use them other than in big groups. THIS shouldnt be any strategic games basic plan and only creates a one sided game because no one wants to be on the losing side of a titan fight.

There is far too much safety in sov null from not having to form for entosis timers (cus they heal themselves) to capital super umbrellas; it has literally created a very stale and one sided game that is unintuitive and unenjoyable save for a couple of niche plays that usually involve not just one alt but several.

They should roll back the fozzie sov to 2015 before the ceptor couldnt have an entosis link and before the hubs/tcu healed themselves… and certainly before citadels which the idea is nice, but the implementation is aweful.

4 Likes

1 on 1? That’s child’s play, plus I wouldn’t use a force greater than my opponent unless they’re not bright. It happens lots. Multiple characters allows one to kill multiple targets as a single entity. Logistics has been removed from my repetoire, yours?
E-war of different varieties is practical for me, you are a new player who likes using logistics as a saviour?
This is fun?

Im a single character/account player.

Ive spent most of my EVE career playstyle solo pvp’ing in battleships and battlecruisers without scouts/alts. Ive been relatively successful and even made a youtube channel of my adventures. Ive fought outnumbered plenty of times (almost always) and succeeded (also failed, but thats how you learn). Ive fought people who multibox or used to use offgrid links and won.

People who claim alts are necessary havent actually played EVE in a hardcore fashion. Hardcore EVE is single player, you dont have crutch alts to support you or fix your mistakes. You learn from them and become a better pilot to avoid those mistakes or counter them better.

I now play small gang with my single character with a corp and live in a wormhole. My character scans, hauls and pvps as needed and it doesnt bother me that i dont have alts, i am still competitive.

I am also now running for CSM 14.

9 Likes

CCP has been catering to your ilk for the past 6 years and see where that got us. A dying game that’s bleeding subscribers by the masses who are replaced with dumb, entitled, whiners like yourself.

Playing EVE and whining about how it isn’t World of Warcraft is only loudly pronouncing to the world that you’re some entitled moron incapable of thinking. If you want to play World of Warcraft, then go and play World of Warcraft. Nobody is stopping you.

7 Likes