'The Whaler' - This is the Future of EVE, and it's not what I expected to be

People multibox because it’s easy not hard. If it was so hard no one would do it instead many people do.

1 Like

IF this game dies than it is due to an unmodern focus on an unwanted pvp approach.

As i said before the “Win or lose all” game is not wanted anymore…i confess it was ok back in time but this time is simply over.

Give a player all he would lose otherwise back at dock and the problem is solved,but stubbornly stay on the “lose all” game is what makes player leave.

Too much risk = too less players,no risk at all = masses of players.

Proof?

All games that actually HAVE this approach to pvp and STUPIDLY(for you) DARE to have success with it.

You cannot accept this FACT and therefore you deny it.

You may not like this “new players” but they are the majority today so YOU are the one that has to adapt to THEM.

2 Likes

What a load of bullshite.

You don’t even see how that is sad and not something to be proud of.

You may very well get what you think you want.

I for one will not go quietly into the night. Almost a decade in new eden and I haven’t had any interest in ganking, hisec baiting, etc. That changes today. Today I make a character (not a “toon”) specifically for hisec shenannigans. I will work hard to do all the things the whingy ilk of Ersatz EvE “players” represented by some on this thread bleat about hating. Let the podgoo and Schadenfreude flow!

edit: Because I am very helpful, please allow me to help you, Hysan:
In the English language, “Loose” and “Lose” are two completely different words. I’m sure your first language and all others have many words that are only one letter different yet have completely unrelated meanings. For example; you lose your ship when it gets blown up, I loose your clone from the confines of it’s pod.

See you out there! o7

3 Likes

Go back to World of Warcraft. You lack the intelligence for EVE. Not going to bother explaining to you why because you simply wouldn’t get it anyway.

1 Like

And yet he demonstrates to a) not have a single clue on CCP and b) to not be interested in developing one inspite of that being the only thing that matters, thus making him into CCP’s marketing instrument as opposed to a player advocate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeh, ive started to create corp thief alts, partly because when i log in a character ive had for TWELVE years ther simply isnt that much to hunt for and i dont feel (though sometimes enjoyable) that i should be looking to live in lowsec for pvp.

EvE is… really far from what i kept playing for, for the past year ive been playing hoping for improvement but … its just getting more risk averse; even the miners in my alliance have started being adament they need more safety - and they dont even sell the alliance members cheaper than jita ships in most cases. If they even have them… then they try to drop carriers on kiting gangs because … im not getting into it… kind of pissed off about it all tbvh…

Either way when people ingame tell you to roam one of two regions, one being full of newbeans, the other beinglikely to hot drop a 100 pilot strong supercap fleet on your caracal… because every where else docks up at the slightest sniff of a neutral…

The game needs more risk to those living in nullsec, not less; the interceptor nerf recently only provided more safety will it be a slope downhill now?

I fear it may be.

And so, i guess, again… perhaps for the last time…

unto the breech.

o7

1 Like

I counter that it’s more challenging, you’re talking about your gameplay.

Using multiple acounts for advantage in a pvp situation to win before the fight begins?

Where’s the fun? The element of danger creates that adrenadline that core eve players look for when solo pvp’ing, in my opinion.

You’re speaking of your experience, sorry.

It’s harder to solo 2 to 3 players then to be the one using those 2 to 3 characters to kill the solo player.

2 Likes

I want to catch up on this thread: I liked his video, there’s two things though.

1. There’s something he says about 2:35 in the video that reminds me of an Italian quote about the 2nd best swordsman in Italy only has to fear the worst swordsman in Italy, you just never know what the worst will do next.

2. But I think as advanced as he is, the video shows how unadvanced his Whales are…he gets to a point where he explains how to build a line with bookmarking scan results so you can decloak and tackle.

Whatever happened to Serpentine? There should be no reason to go in a straight line ever?

This actually raises a problem that is chronic with all combat, whether PvP or real life.

You can’t know what you don’t know. If someone got away, chances are you can never after-action-review what they did to survive, so you always have an incomplete picture of the situation. The only situation you can have a relatively complete picture of is one where you command the intel-space and observed the result from multiple participants.

By the nature of that fact, anyone doing anything solo will never advance properly. You will never have a complete picture of what happened, even if you are successful, and therefore can never truly learn from mistakes you may have made or they may have made.

You’ve asked the wrong question.

What are YOU doing to add risk back into EvE? So the defenders have improved their defenses and standard operating procedures.

It sounds like this is a problem of the attackers being lazy, not the defenders. They’ve done their part, you haven’t.

You’ve let them make EvE less risky.

My initial assessment gathered so far.

I think the very nature of people who like to gank/pvp/pirate is what holds them back and there’s no room to beotch about the good ole’ days either.

You as a person have to psychoanalyze, and realize your style of play creates a situation that chronically weakens you.

Think of the Golden Age of Piracy, it really only lasted from 1685-1715. The British, who were risk adverse, engineering-minded, strategic thinkers, DESTROYED their Pirate Competitors in the Caribbean, but why?

Were they bigger and stronger? But why?

The reason at the root of it all is the people who were psychologically inclined to be “pirates” were not inclined to build supporting infrastructure required to support their chosen lifestyle.

The people I see a lot of persons complaining about in this thread are like the British, they are meticulous, thoughtful, cunning strategists who build Logistics, tactics and the sort to fuel their long term gains.

Meanwhile the careless PvPer out for the thrills continues to get beat-down, lack tremendous financing, and lack the ability to sustain a conflict.

So who grows and dominates? The former, not the latter.

What does that mean?

Word games are silly, but killing multiple opponents and walking away is fun.

Things change around you and if you have no power to stop them,your only opportunuity is that of an adaption.

I don’t see why this should be sad…it’s just necessary…

op is right - CCP is going down a bad path.

2 Likes

gankers are always the ones telling others what their doing wrong and how they should play. Not saying ganking is morally wrong or anything - just the bottom of hte barrel low brow stuff you can do in this game.

2 Likes

Don’t stay in the past,the past is gone,as 15 years of eve are gone.

Stop mourning.
Do you mourn an old house that is replaced by a new?
Well that’s stupid.

Embrace the new or leave.

It’s really that simple.

2 Likes

He has not been my first vote because of multiboxing.
IMO multiboxing ruins the game. I love the few times I can enjoy EVE flying and taking a look at the astonishing panorama around my ship. I love to get into big or small fleets and CTRLF9 to feel the details.
Multiboxing brings it to a mechanical gameplay.
I do not like game mechanics that encourage multiboxing as I do not like whatever encourages multiple accounts. Just filters out the experience. I’m very interested in Olmeca gamestyle and I really appreciate the fact he is out of any big alliance, fighting in a smaller scale. How his gamestyle evolved though, I fear.

3 Likes

Indeed, that much is obvious.

You are (ahem - sadly) far from alone in being mistaken in assuming any EvE player who has played for more than a short while cannot deal with change. It is a common refrain of those who won’t grasp that not only has anybody who has played this game more than a few months already dealt with lots of change and adapted, but maybe, just maybe, not all change is for the better.

1 Like