Theme #4 - MANUFACTURING/BLUEPRINTS/CHIPSETS (concept) [1/3]

Before we dive into our next theme, we want to express that this is a mock-up and you should take it with a heavy hand of salt. We do, however, want your input on what you believe would be the best approach. With that being said… on with the show! Here is a sneak peek at a possible new feature that’s all about manufacturing and blueprints. The idea is to change how we collect and use items in the game. Instead of just picking up full items, you’ll gather ‘fragments,’ little pieces of a recipe that you could put together to create blueprints. These blueprints could let you craft items multiple times, which means you can hold onto your favourite gear a bit longer and not worry so much about losing it right away. What’s cool about this?

1. Blueprints & Fragment: Think of fragments as puzzle pieces. You collect them during your deployment, and once you have enough, you can trade them in to make blueprints. These blueprints are like your personal recipe cards, letting you craft items again and again, so you get the exact item and hoping it doesn’t get lost.

2. Customization: These blueprints are customizable, allowing you to create unique items tailored to your playstyle. Whether you want something that suits your stealth approach or a heavy-hitting weapon, it could all be made possible.

This system is designed to give you more control over your gear and make the whole process of collecting and crafting more strategic and rewarding. It’s a fresh take on item progression that draws some inspiration from the mechanics of EVE Online, and looks like it could be a lot of fun to explore. Of course, with every new idea or concept, we are always looking to the community for feedback. How does this manufacturing process sound to you? What’s your take on the blueprint system?

Manufacturing Prototype

1 Like

That “Possible Items” makes me worry about a possible RNG mechanic. Please don’t!

Interesting proposal; so far, you have my attention.

Does ‘again and again’ mean ‘infinite runs’? Your wording is not clear about limits.

1 Like

Very interesting idea.

I hope I understood this correctly, but I’d prefer to drop COMPLETE Blueprints with an infinite (originals, rare drop) or limited (copies, common loot) number of runs.

And, instead, looting materials and components from the field in order to build the item.

On a personal note: I get that looting items needs to be an action that leave you exposed to danger, but I think that at least some items (like the materials and/or components mentioned above) need to get acquired just by passing over them (as they were ammos). Sometimes during my Vanguard sessions it feels like all I’m doing is pressing “E” more then “LMB”…