Theoretical DPS to break tackle EHP?

When you’ve got both

and

Posting on the same thread, you know that thread is doomed …
[Muted]

10 Likes

Never not post evidence that Naari Naarian is a worthless, lying piece of bull ■■■■ …
… and never not point out that CCP is not banning this giant, gaping asshole.

Edit:
Actually I can’t be sure someone has tried.
I’ll do the honour.

Edit2:

In fact I’ve petitioned him seven months ago and nothing happened.
I forgot I did that. Been seven months. It’s unacceptable.

1 Like

I am also" amazed at the level of idiocy displayed here"… i mean in your posts

• If almost everyone answers you the same thing, maybe it could be that they are right, and you are wrong, don’t you think so?
  • Experience in eve allows you to adapt to the situation and to bring the correct/most efficient answer to a specific problem, by integrating different variables in your mind at the same time. For example: My ship type, the enemy ship type, range, proximity of a gate/a wormhole?, proximity of enemies/friends, etc. So no, it cannot be “quantified”. Quantification could be possible if you gave us a specific situation, somethg like “i am in this ship type, and how much dps would i need to kill this ship type tackling me solo if i am able to hit him perfectly”
  • Furthermore, as stated by others above, raw dps numbers are not meaningful to kill a fast tackling ship orbiting you.
    We explained to you that 1) your question is too vague without precisions on a specific situation 2) your question is not the good one, as raw dps is not the good way of thinking to get rid of a tackler
    But you don’t want to listen
    And finally this
    “Clearly you have no understanding if you can’t quantify it”. Eve pvp fights are not only about maths. There is also intuition, knowledge, situational awareness, AND, because it is an open-pvp (and not instanced pvp 6v6 with mirror classes), friendship/diplomacy/politics/batphoning.

“and your statements are illegal”… euh… can you quantify how much our statements are illegal? please

5 Likes

Too wildly divergent to be worth a reply. Basically there are a lot of different ways to get tackled and you really aren’t going to get a solid answer because the simplest way to break small ship tackles is typically neuting. And if you get tackled by some of the larger specialized platforms you better have friends. Because there is no damn way you are going to break out of a recon tackle that has at least one of his small gang logi watching his ass via solo DPS. To say nothing of getting hazed by a carrier with sirens and dromis.

1 Like

Please, add me to the list. I would normally not even bother to read posts in a crappy thread like this, much less reply, but every now and then I do, just out of curiosity, wondering why on earth some people do even try to be helpful, as if someone asking such meaningless and silly questions and saying what you just said there would be able to understand…

Also, to those claiming there are no silly questions, “participants” like this in these forums prove you wrong all the time…

4 Likes

Well, you started it… What are you tackled by? a condor or a broadsword? a solo hunter? where?

3 Likes

Tbh idk why so many people answered with “it depends” cause that’s not a useful answer and you might as well have just not posted at all if you didnt actually want to let him know anything.

Yea you really dont need a lot of dps you mostly just need to be able to apply it to a small fast moving target. Like some people have already said though, you would probably be better off useing ECM or nuets.

it depends on the person.

The last (and actually also first ever) T2 interceptor that tackled my Orca is now a killmark. By mistake I launched T2 valkyries vs. T2 warriors. But by the time I noticed and wanted to change the drones it already popped. So with good drone skills and modules, they pop fast😇
And that’s all I need to know bro…
BTW I have 2 neuts for those that come close, a painter and sensor damp for those that kite the Orca. Fast combat drones because they are fast ships, and ECM drones as tools of final resort.
And I am amazed by the level of patience and goodness displayed by the people here.

4 Likes

We answered “it depends” because the OP asked us to give numbers to kill (i quote): “please run thru all the possible tackles” and did not give any precision about the setting. So “it depends” is the only answer that he deserves
We answered “it depends” because OP has posted on almost every section of this forum, with the same kind of question asking for the same kind of answers. For example Isotope harvesting numbers
as you will read he never gives any precision, and people answer “it depends”. In most of these threads, OP does not believe the people who answer him.
We answered “it depends” because, if OP cannot understand/believe us, other players, specially newbies, will read this forum. And i hope that some of them will understand that “it depends” is the good answer in eve to many questions, and if you wanna get more precise answers, you have to give infos on the context.

6 Likes

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Generalities, please. Just give me all the woodchuck fits.

9 Likes

I think Titans can fit warpscramblers too right? :joy::scream:

3 Likes

yes, you are right, “all the possible tackles” include tackling titans… so… how much dps would i need to kill a tackling titan? mmmmm if i am not able to quantify it, i don’t understand it… :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

:rofl:

/Thread

This brilliant comment is the best possible outcome of this thread (very well done, @Ahari_Chent-Shi ). Probably best to let it die now. There’s nowhere to go but down from here.

6 Likes

And here I thought my comment was like hitting bedrock. :rofl:

2 Likes

I let out an audible and hearty chuckle when I read it.

A far superior response than the thread probably deserved :wink:

2 Likes

It depends.

3 Likes

I hope you read it out loud… 3 times fast!! :smiley:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

2 Likes

@op

Here’s the thing, There is a lot of “hidden” advanced tactics in eve because of its realism, and complexity. Spiraling, and coasting are good examples of this.

to be really good at this type of pvp in eve, you need to be aware of some important factors, for example, spiraling.

The reason for this is because if you do not understand spiraling, you cannot effectively counter it, as this type of moment is specifically developed for approaching. Excellent tacklers are aware that this type of moment can provide them up to (an additional) 45% EHP. This is because the angle at which you approach a target massively impacts the accuracy rates of the rival target.

To example spiraling further…

imagine you are walking at someone with your chest pointed at them, the effective range you can be hit with a paintball gun is about 2 feet (for example lets just say that value). However, if you approach with your shoulder pointed at them, you only have 6 inches. This means that you reduce their accuracy rates by up to 75%. In eve the same applies, however, the math generally works out that you on average in best case obtain a max of 45%.

This means your effective tank can be increased from 5000 hp, to 7250.

In order to properly deal with tackle using this tactic, you need to know how to move to cause them to shift their approach, and often most pilots are not familiar with counter-spiraling movement, which can result in a fast death for them (the tackle).

Thus we come into highly advanced discussion of movement, and theoretical mathematics that apply in eve, which is one of the reasons why call this “spreadsheets online”. However, to make that easy on you i will just tell you that spiraling in general results in no more then 45% Effective hit point bonus. I cannot express how important this is for frigate/destroyer and their t2/t3 variants. Basically you are useless with out them (all that and also not having a t2 cru logi that will rep you on approach).

This is why i say the killing rates of anti-frig cruisers needs to be so high (ie, !> // <= 3 seconds).

Now we come to another topic, which is the discussion of “coasting”. In eve, there is inertia, and if fitted correctly, and used right it can be a way to counter react tackle in eve. Lets say you jump through a gate, and there is a camp. You have a fairly fast ship, and choose to crash gate, but along the way you get a tackle point on you.

For a few ticks, the inertia, while its not reflected as your ship speed, takes place, effectively coasting you at 2000 ms while your over all speed reflects 100ms.

Understand this concept and perfectly it can be a way for you to effectively approach and pop an enemy with out actually getting tackled, allowing you to coast out of their effective point range. The result will be them having to drop their transverse speed (by turning to get you) to be able to re-tackle. This all takes place in the area of 2-3 seconds, however the exchange of volley’s in that generally favor the cruiser (depending on if its a high dps frigate tackle, like a garmur).

This is a dangerous game to play, but is part of this type of pvp game play.

These are just some of the things that need to be taken into consideration when asking important questions like that of “how much dps is required”. I say this because it may be more accurate to say “how much dps and accuracy do you need”.

You could do 100,000 dps but if you cant hit anything it dont matter. It may be more important to inquire about accuracy rates then actual dps. Keep that in mind. If you are dying a lot it may just be that your not landing hits. You should check combat logs to confirm if this is an issue.

If you have any other questions let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.