There is already a Covid19 Vaccine, What's your opinion about it?

This is true, but it is also in the “get struck by lightning while carrying a winning lottery ticket” levels of risk. Only a handful of healthy, young adults or children have died from Covid-19. Essentially all recover.

So yes, if you were a perfectly healthy 20 year old and completely selfish you might rationally conclude getting a vaccination was a waste of your time or even maybe not worth the risk of a rare side-effect (although I think side-effects are still less risk but both the risk of the vaccine and the risk of serious injury or death from Covid-19 are so vanishingly small it is not worth debating). However, you are part of society, and presumably have some older person or vulnerable person in your life you don’t want to risk killing. Maybe more transactionally, you likely participate in the economy or go to school and for that to work, everyone has be and feel safe interacting with other humans, including those at more risk.

The best way for this to go away quickly is for everyone, especially the young people with more personal interactions, to get vaccinated to reduce the rate of transmission. Some models say we should even vaccinate them first to have the largest/fastest impact on reducing the infection rates in the population. And the reality is that young people are suffering the most from the necessary restrictions (financial, mental health, etc.), and also share the same increased risk we all face when the health system is at capacity and unable to properly service non-Covid related health problems and accidents.

So, the logical conclusion is just get your vaccine and let’s get back to normal ASAP. Ignore the noise of the science and statistically challenged, and the selfish, and do your part to stop this outbreak.

2 Likes

And yet, the article below from the end of March of last year says 12 to 24 months was on the optomistic side. Its been less than that. These vaccines were rushed. Its usually a two to five year process, with ten years not even being considered out of the ordinary. There are stages for proper safety testing and each stage should take months and sometimes more than a year. Its not a question of money. Its a question of time, and money can’t buy it. This is rushed.

Own any pharmaceutical stock by any chance? All that worry about the poor stockholders and their cash…right.

You are correct. I either read a false article or read an article wrong somewhere. Oh well. The anti-viral treatments better work then or I will die. I won’t die regretting though, just feeling unlucky. Its how I roll. It may be how I stop rolling. But up to now I have beat many things my way, just like Leo Szilard ignored doctors and saved his own life and now doctors swear by his methods.

Semantics. Your kid could die of flu but few ever call the flu an actual risk.

I don’t give two craps about that. Adults need to protect themselves and not put burdens on children. Adults must bear the risks. That includes me. Adults need to suck it up. Period.

And less risk if simply left alone. Grandpa had his time. My own clock is running out and I say HELL NO.

So you think they should have panicked. That’s nuts.

1 Like

Screw them. Screw me. Don’t be a fool. Any of us old people could die of anything any moment. And those ijits who have ignored their own health and gotten obese or allowed themselves to get diabetes (I almost did!) are not worth risking a rushed vaccine for. Young healthy people need to save themselves, at least until these rushed vaccines have truly stood the test of time on others.

And while I am at it, apply some of this logic to HPV vaccines as well. You don’t risk a kid’s life or health over a cancer they may or may not get 45 years in the future, which is even currently operable, and may be 100 percent curable in 20 years. Neither Covid 19 nor HPV related cancers are polio for Bob’s sake. Kids are in a low risk category. Leave them alone.

1 Like

Yes, they were. And like I said, they were rushed by taking financial risks, not health risks. In every industry there are many things you can do to deliver a product faster if you’re willing to increase your financial risks and vaccines are no exception. But things like ramping up full-scale production before the trials are officially passed do not create risk to the people getting the vaccine.

Its how I roll.

Then TBH you are an idiot. Playing Russian roulette and hoping to be lucky is a profoundly stupid way of doing things.

Semantics. Your kid could die of flu but few ever call the flu an actual risk.

It’s not semantics at all. The risk of a healthy person dying from the flu is essentially zero. The risk of a healthy person dying from covid is small but not zero. Both 1% and 0.000000001% are small numbers but that doesn’t make the difference between them “semantics”.

I don’t give two craps about that.

Then you are selfish in addition to not understanding risk analysis. You’re putting real risk on adults in exchange for reducing an imaginary risk to children and your justification for it is nonsense.

Grandpa had his time.

That’s certainly a very sociopathic way of looking at things.

Kids are in a low risk category.

Vaccines are an even lower risk. Learn to do risk analysis properly.

1 Like

You are right. It’s called the Scientific Method

When they are people who have devoted their lives to a certain subject? Yeah. I’ll trust them over a Facebook or Twitter post any day. Do you trust the manufacturer of your car? Your appliances? The manufacturers/farmers of the food you eat? Who do you trust? (Yourself is what I think is going through your head)

Which is it?

I did. Is this where they are hiding the info?

I also looked that up yet came away with a completely different understanding than you. Where you see conspiracy of big bad pharma against us, I see vaccine supplies being protected against an overly litigious society, while claimants actually harmed by a vaccine are awarded compensation.

They are all that matter

Emphasis and rewording mine.
Please feel free to show me the hard evidence of this twisting and burying.

23 out 30,000. 0.08% Google Correlation does not equal causation

The vaccine is technically given to healthy people to prevent them from becoming sick or lessen the degree to which they get sick

As in any risk analysis, is it a statistically significant problem. From the study:

In a US study, 1.7% of prescriptions dispensed from community pharmacies contained errors.[14](javascript::wink: Since ∼3 billion prescriptions are dispensed each year in the USA, ∼50 million would contain errors. Of those, only ∼0.1% were thought to be clinically important, giving an annual incidence of such errors of about 50 000. Wrong label information and instructions were the most common types of errors.

Errors happen. As you stated earlier we are people. We make mistakes. Am I going to stop taking medicine or going to the doctor because there is a 0.1% chance of a clinically important error being made? Nope

They were rushed because of a worldwide pandemic. They seem to have been created quicker than normal because the technology allows them to be created quickly. Two days for the Moderna vaccine. 2. Days. No need to incubate the virus in the lab. No live virus in the vaccine. No virus at all used in the vaccine. It’s known as a game changer.

My wife had a gentleman in his 80s come into the hospital and somehow the conversation turned to vaccines. He related that he never had the measles vaccine and he never contracted the measles. My wife, the doctors and the other nurses all chimed in with “You can thank us and all the other people that were vaccinated and as a result lessened the threat of measles.”

Show me an honest politican and government you have control over that “works for you”.

You probably only see them when it’s election time and all they got is a leaflet for you.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to disrepute you. I’m honestly curious what vaccine you are referring to and where there is official guidance saying you cannot have a baby for two years after having the vaccine? I’ve seen none. What I have seen is the risks of being pregnant and then contracting COVID are great.
There have not been many studies yet, but alll the evidence points to it not being unsafe. In fact it could be potentially more dangerous to become pregnant and then get infected with COVID.
I think you need to base your decisions on actual facts and expert opinion. Not Twitter.

As I think your responses to me are not fair nor even really attempting to be honest, I kind of feel I should leave you flapping in the wind.

But the person you are responding to is not of sound mind, and that is about the nicest thing I can say. He simply should not be allowed to post his meandering, gigantic scribbles here.

In another thread he claimed I was bothering his family. I have no idea who he is or where he lives, yet, he insists I am bothering his family. He might have run out of his meds. Ignore him as best you can.

How are they not fair or dishonest? I looked into the items you brought up and gave you my honest opinion. I honestly believe a person should base their decisions on the best data available, and somehow our society has turned their back on science. Going back to what you said earlier:

And my response was basically that is how science works. You make a hypothesis then collect data and determine if it supports the hypothesis. If not, then you adjust your hypothesis. So science sometimes make changes. That is how it is supposed to work and does work.

To your question of do I have faith in people? As a collective whole, Yes! Are there bad people? Hell yes. Are there bad scientists? Yes. But the scientific community will cancel out the bad science. It’s known as peer reviewed research. If research is not peer reviewed it’s worthless. AKA bad science. All I’m saying is people need to base their opinions on the best and most accurate facts available. (As I write that I can here the tinfoil police screaming, “BUT THEY ARE KEEPING THE ACTUAL FACTS AWAY FROM US!!!”)

Again, please let me know where you thought I was being unfair or dishonest, because I was being neither.

The local Public Health confirmed that to me on Monday, February the 8th, 2021, during open business hours.
That it was written in the description of their vaccines as well,
although my sister didn’t give me appropriate info on it.

I’d hate to be the parent that didn’t want to vaccinate their kid, but was forced to and that was the kid that would be your example of struck by lightning with a lottery ticket.

:red_circle: As long as I’m not ordered to take it I won’t look for it. I have a great doctor, like, the best in the region, and as long as he doesn’t give me the shot I guess I won’t be vaccinated and I guess I’m not at risk, per science per my doc, per whatever.

I’d hate to be the parents that didn’t want to vaccinate their kids and were allowed to create a public health risk resulting in 10 older people dying. Risk analysis means weighing possible outcomes against each other, and the obvious answer is to get the vaccine (once it is approved for kids). You do not accept a known and significant risk in exchange for a hypothetical “what if” that doesn’t stand in the way of any other vaccines.

I really hope this is a joke.

1 Like

i hope it is too… but something tells me he actually believes what he wrote.

:red_circle:Try to tell that to my doctor.

Oh, by the way, my arrangement for marriage were just finally confirmed for the first time today, thanks to some judicious person.

It’s only a short matter of time, in comparison, to get married, for us.

hrm.
My kid is healthy, no issues. Just beginning their lives. Full of potential. My responsibility.

10 old people that are unhealthy, lived their lives and have no potential left. Their own responsibility.

At least my kid can play eve. Therefore, my hypothetical kid would be spared the vaccine and potential side effects.
There is a reason vaccines take 10+ years to be approved. Not really down to test out a vaccine that was made and approved in less than a year.

FTFY

Unless you know some special science no one else does