Time to Ban

Leave the Keep Star’s in place in High Sec which would introduce another need for the Light Carrier in High Sec.

Having large Alliance battles in and around Jita brings the action to players who would never see such a fight except for on You Tube.

Such fights also make Draugr very happy because he can drop a Smart Bomb fit Megathron into the stream of fighting ships and get six kills along with 114 kill mails on him all at the same time.

Not to mention the immediate -9.53 security status…status or thing.

1 Like

I don’t know about MS and Oracle, but I do know about game companies. They manage to update regularly or they start losing customers.

Kind of like a certain space game we know. A space game that is now flush with cash and could certainly fire lazy programmers and pay a little more for good ones. As well as firing complacent devs and pay a little more for people with vision.

You and the other apologists in here should be all over this…or you could just keep kissing CCP ass for whatever you think that’s going to get you.

2 Likes

While it is true that some games handle crowds better than others, I yet to encounter another game handling hundreds of players in the same place.

I maintain code, i can tell you that upgrading is different from re-writing every function from scratch. And i globally like CCP’s work, even if there is a lot of room for improvement. You are a sour and clueless idiot if you stick around while disliking the game.

4 Likes

No, go away!

Boohoo, something other people do actually AFFECTED me in highsec.

You call me names because I’m not complacent and I’m not happy with the status quo like you?

Cool.

1 Like

Yes, exactly like you do sometimes. There are some aspects of the game that i dislike, some i just ignore and some i’d like to see improved, but even if i’m not 100% satisfied, i like CCP’s work. And yes, the trailer park dweller calls you an idiot.

2 Likes

That doesn’t change your complete lack of understanding on why TiDi exists, TiDi cannot be “fixed” because it IS a fix, i would link you to the dev blog explaining it but i doubt you have the patience to actually read it

1 Like

Yes, it effected me and several thousand other players in and around Jita that had no real stake in the battle. There were between 4-6 other systems effected with 10%-30% TiDi. Keep your big TiDi battles in Null Sec where they belong.

1 Like

I think we can agree that this a very special Keepstar because of it market values.

I understand that any citadel can create TiDi and that is not a problem. The problem is given it’s value and the fact that it is so powerful as a high sec entity, these weekend TiDi sessions will continue for a very long time because no one is going to be able to knock that Keepstar down without bringing Caps to the party. The forces involved are all using relatively cheap ships and I doubt they will ever have enough dps to take on the defending forces and do enough damage to the Keepstar at the same time.

CCP needs to A: remove Keepstars from high sec, B: allow Caps into high sec or C: put Perimeter on it’s own node like Jita is currently.

1 Like

lol i sat there the whole time under tidi watching that timer keep going until it instahealed under fire, than eceryone warped away. i was waiting for the earth shattering kaboom

Is there any notification that things are gonna be slow before I jump into the system, or do I find out when i actually jump?
(Other than checking online maps)

1 Like

Butthurt? you are cute.

1 Like

Time to Ban…

these posts…

Oh really? Well, let’s take a look at your arguments.

Yes, you need a thousand players on thousands of characters to man the defences.

Wow, you’re right, that does sound like a huge hassle!

Oh wait, no. Sorry I was being an idiot. It only takes a single player to man the defences. So how does this make citadel defences inadequate? You literally just need a single player on a single character in the citadel.

You do realize that they give you notifications on when your citadel is being attacked, right? Both before it’s being attacked led, by the war declaration notification, and while the citadel is under attack. If you can’t spare even a single person to dock and use the citadel, then you’re not playing eve anymore.

They are very effective. What are you talking about? Were you trying to kill frigates with anti capital missiles or something?

Dryson benningtons dream. Run missions in hisec afk with relative safety and be able to defend a 50 man gankfleet with just one character because those code baddies and meanies keep ruining things for him.

Hes like a villain on a Sunday afternoon cartoon show. “I could’ve afk autopiloted my ships and freighters in perfect safety if it werent for those meddling codies! Curses and drats!”

So you’re admitting that it has nothing to do with keepstars, and everything to do with a very powerful nullsec entity going after the bread and butter of another powerful hisec entity.

I believe they brought battlecruisers, which basically deal as much as battleships. Again, a group of a hundred of these is enough to take down a keepstar. The only problem is the number of people who came to defend the citadel, and therefore the attackers needed more people.

They have enough dps to deal with the keepstar. But as you admitted before, any citadel can create tidi if there are enough defenders, and therefore necessitating more attackers.

Again, this has nothing to do with keepstars, and everything to do with both the might, influence and dedication of the corps and alliancea involved. Even if TAPI anchored an azbel, there would still be thousands of people coming to defend and attack it, causing TIDI.

I have to wonder why some of you even play eve the way you bitch about tidi and big fights. Did you guys not know what you were getting into when you joined? I’ll admit you may not have known about tidi, but the big fights are what brought the majority of players in to begin with and most still never leave high sec for fear of, well, actually having to fight and possibly lose. Now you get a taste of what even a moderate fight looks like in null and you cry. And over massive assets you have no stake in aside from a few assets you put on market and can safely move from one citadel to another nearly risk free. If you don’t like it just move over to another trade hub. You can even consider it a soft eviction so you can feel like you experienced something people in null and WH have to, but it didn’t cost you billions to set back up and the infrastructure was already there waiting for you when you arrived.

Also I wasn’t paying attention to who said it, but whoever it was, if you think the fight was a null vs HS group you’re full of yourself. What you saw was 2 null groups going at it over something that has always been controlled by a null block. The dude who ran the citadels before is what is known as a puppet. They were allowed to exist because he kissed the ring to not have them destroyed.

Basically, WAR and LOSS are what drive the eve economy. Those of you who are complaining about literally the driving force of this game and wanting a structure that is at the forefront is mind boggling and truly shows your basic lack of understanding of the game you are supposedly playing. You should be rejoicing and quickly listing ore, modules, and hulls of the ships you are seeing destroyed to fuel the war machine and turn a profit so you can join in as well.

1 Like

:popcorn: