Time to Ban

I dont see a fix at all to this problem, except for CCP to get paid 400 million dollars and buy more hardware… wait…

1 Like

Perimeter was on a reinforced node, because otherwise it would have crapped itself and died at much lower player numbers, but one of those nodes will only work so hard before TiDi needs to kick in, jita is on one of the most powerful nodes they have and even it can’t handle everything that happens if a massive fight were to start there, putting a system on its own node only goes so far

EVE still isnt made to use advantage of current processors, that is multithreaded performance. Its written in a way to use single core for single system. Nothing changed in that field. Instead of adding more blobs, they could have reduced the blobs themselves and make them unfeasible, unvieldy prone to being disrupted with weapons of massive destruction, even capitals. But no, CCP still thinks that people love big battles and that TiDi cancer that grows in every system where blobs come around. They could have done something to make nodes reinforce automatically at least.

2 Likes

Why not code nodes to work in conjunction with each other to provide extra processing power to an already stressed node, from nodes hosting stuff that doesnt have anything going on? Or maybe do some spread tidi to make it so that all 20 systems connected recieve 5 percent tidi instead of 90 percent tidi in one system. Or… or…

We can keep on making these suggestions ad infinitum, but it’s easier said than done. CCP isn’t Apple, they are not selling premium stuff to a stupid fanbase that will buy anything if Steve jobs pissed on it, and then following it up with crap service and stupid design decisions. They are working off old code and old systems while trying their best to upgrade the server and client.

1 Like

If you don’t like the lag that’s close to Jita because of the fights then,

Jita

good luck with that though :rofl:

OR just do all your shopping at different trade hubs.

1 Like

Narh, better buy everything in Jita to safe those 2k iskies and then spend an hour trucking the stuff places.

i got shopping at jita all the time, its the only place i can get everything in 1 location, even in amarr i go to buy things i have to do a number of jumps for because either amarr doesnt have it or the prices have been messed with.

It is not.

1 Like

Little whiners like you should be banned.

It indeed is, in order to give all players an equal playing field

1 Like

A system can only exist on a single node, but a single node contains a 4 core 8 thread CPU, a node can contain any number of systems depending on load, there are also a number of enhanced nodes built to run high load systems and there is nothing stopping the system from living on its own node, jita already does this on a daily basis and its not running on a single core, the server does support using multiple threads, and that isn’t even really the bottleneck, its the number of objects being tracked and calculated, as a system can only exist on a single node due to latency the bottleneck becomes what you can do with a single chip, even if you were to throw a bunch of super high end CPU’s in there you would still run in to issues as fights would just escalate and you would still get TiDi because a CPU can only process so many things at any given time

Titans can already nuke entire sections of a battlefield, however that isn’t going to prevent blobs and the only way to “prevent” them is to hard cap a systems playercount, but then that means fights are entirely decided by who can get their blob to the target the fastest, a player cap is not a viable option

They do, but you need a downtime in order to move a system to an enhanced node, it can’t be done on the fly because a system can only exist on a single node at any one time, there is a reason CCP has a way for you to notify them of large upcoming battles so that the system can be allocated to a reinforced node to begin with

Latency is the reason, unless the CPU is physically attached to the node the latency is going to kill any hopes of doing this in real time, not to mention the potential for lost data if a network link dies in the middle of data being processed by a slaved node, there is no real way around the latency issue

Thats surprise for me, are battles calculated on a single core then or distributed somehow? I remember faintly them saing that the game doesnt use advantage of multithreading when calculating battles, or maybe I have seen that somewehere on forums… :thinking:

need a downtime in order to move a system

Hehe, I remember CCP once wanted to entirely get rid of downtime.

Titans can already nuke entire sections of a battlefield

But thats not anti blobbing, its blobbing titans against other titan blobs, hardly a solution.
I proposed something different few times but it seems nobody wants it because its OP against caps. And people like their caps.

Oh thats still something they “want” and there is less and less reliance on DT now that outposts are no longer a thing and sov no loner needs it, but i think remapping nodes is still something that requires the system to be taken offline in order to move it because its state needs to be “frozen” to avoid any loss of data

1 Like

Maybe CCP should create a few thousand new systems that are considered enhanced node systems that would function the way that everyone is talking about.

The enhanced node would be able to perform the same operations as the normal node but would render the need to move the action to the node unnecessary.

So you’re saying CCP should buy thousands of dollars worth of new hardware for the enhanced node that is only on standby?

They didn’t actually get that money. It was only half, unless they meet a performance target, and that half only went to the investors. We can assume that the 200 million supposed “bonus” will be paid out to CCP directly, assuming they reach their target.

TBH OP, the real answer to your problems, and direction we’re/CCP is already headed is to remove markets from NPC statons all-together.

There should only be regional player owned markets, because then there were be real struggle over resources, and you wouldn’t have as big of a centralized market because diversifying which markets you’re involved in would end up being beneficial due to it increasing your ability to withstand risk and loss. Removing reasons to fight is a bad way to go about it, because you’re removing things for people to do. They should make it easier to kill Keepstars in high sec first, if anything… but I still stand by they should just nix NPC station markets, or cap the amount of bandwidth they can handle, and then let the players fight for control of centralized market hubs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.