Time to make Windows 10 as *minimum* supported on Windows platforms

(Giggles) I will pretend I did not see another Linux reference.

And maybe I will also pretend I didn’t see the reference to it in your opening post - which says in part:

So yes, you made the thread is about Win10, Mac AND Linux.

I have nothing against Linux, just saying you seem to be at odds with your own opening post.

At least with the current Eve code which supports older operating system (Win7 included) is well tested and the bugs are mostly known. (and CCP is working on them and will fix it soon ™)

If CCP removes support for operating systems it means big changes. Which means big chance for big bugs… more bugs. I’m not a fan of breaking Eve, so don’t rush into it please.

Oh and I was not saying my PC can’t run Win10. I keep saying I’m happy with Win7 that I have. If you want me to use Win10 while I want to keep my Win7 as it is, then please give me a 2nd free computer… then I can use both… I’m happy and you are happy. Just not the one you listed. It has horrible specs for gaming.

Eventually even XP users stopped crying and upgraded. Nature has a way to fix things.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/directx/

Pretty sure W7/8/8.1 is dead.

But those stats are not for Eve. And the opening post was about Eve.

Steam survey is very representative of the gaming market.

Eve is also on many stores including Steam.

Please cite reference.

25m gamers.

I would easily hazard a guess that 25million is not even close to 1/10th of the gamers in the world. But I have no proof… just a hunch that there are lots more people around the world playing games without Steam.

1 Like

If you got a better source, cite it.

Either way, Microsoft killed W7/8/8.1. It’s dead.

3.2 billion estimated gamers… which sounds more correct than 25million.

Win7 is not dead. It still works, see I’m typing in Win7 right now. It is just not supported by MS anymore.

1 Like

Microsoft killed W7/8/8.1. Microsoft says it’s dead. They’re the owner of Windows.

playstation , 2, and 3 are dead, yet there are still people playing on Ps3 with no support for games from developers… whats your point.

2 Likes

I am not saying you can’t or shouldn’t play on it if you can. I am just saying set the minimum to W10.

if it works, don’t ■■■■■■■ break it.

4 Likes

Agreed totally!

It’s already broken. Microsoft (the owner’s of Windows) killed it. I think they would know.

But Win7 still works. And Eve still works on it. Neither is dead. Both very much alive.

1 Like

And it may continue to work for you, but the minimum support should updated to supported platforms by Microsoft, that means W10.

An added bonus is they get to do test release cycles faster, smaller test matrix by pruning end of life proprietary systems.

That means you get more content perhaps faster.