[Tinfoil Hat Active] CCP Falcon wants to create more conflict

In your own words…

Prove it.

Myself and none of the characters that I currently run, or any that I have run in the past have ever been associated with GSF in any discernible manner aside from the fact that I may have been in fleet with a couple once or twice at some time in the past and some of my opinions about the game may align with some of those of members of GSF.

Bear in mind that my playstyle is diametrically opposed to that of GSF, what with me being a non combatant PvE player that only leaves hisec when I’m stealing sites in WH space.

Proof is here, Your a goon pet, which is a goon.
Case closed.

No I didnt. Please quote where I said that.

1 Like

Man, you truly are something else.

By that metric I’m also a TEST pet, a PL pet, a Pirat pet, an Eve Uni pet, an RvB pet and a pet of anybody else that I share an opinion with or have been in a fleet with.

You sir, are suffering from an irreversible cranial rectal inversion; it’s so severe that if you fart you’re going to asphyxiate yourself.

May Bob the merciful help you, nobody else can.

4 Likes

You’re a sh*t troll.

2 Likes

You give him too much credit, he’s not good enough to be a shite troll.

2 Likes

Clearly nobody with the ability to use a keyboard can be this dense, short of using it as a digging tool, or possibly as a nutcracker.

I maintain troll.

There’s always one that thinks they’re special.

3 Likes

Come on man, belt rats pose a real threat to brand new players who don’t have any experience, skills or know how to fit ships. Sure those players can just warp away but the NPE has basically conditioned brand new players into thinking they can easily destroy NPC’s.

I keep seeing all this talk about how Trig’s are easily managed yet for some reason there sure is a lot of KM’s generated by them.

As for Suicide Ganking, please tell me how that can be easily mitigated. And include how to easily mitigate bumping as well.

This game use to have consequences for actions taken and decisions actually had long term effects. Now it’s all about providing instant gratification.

Anyway, I think a 3 strike rule should apply in High Sec space. Players who take their Security status down for the 3rd time should no longer be allowed to raise it up again due to proving themselves as repeat offenders.

In my opinion gate camping and station camping is an unbalanced game mechanic, basically it’s sitting at spawn points which most games consider an exploit. I think there should be a Concord enforced ‘No Loitering’ law assigned to gates and stations which automatically activates a 3 to 5 minute countdown timer to vacate the area.

Im sorry, I disagree. The Tutorial missions offer harder opposition.

And Belt Rats are easy to destroy.
Im sorry if you think this is some kind of troll, but the only way to lose a ship to a Belt Rat is to be afk for an extended period of time.

That does not to me constitute a risk or a threat.

When anyone warps to your belt, warp out.

Watch local.

Be paying attention to who is in system.

Dont mine in a crowded system.

Orbit in your Venture to avoid bumping or just go somewhere better.

None of this is hard work.

When was the last time you did the NPE?

Those rats are easily destroyed within a couple of volleys from Corvette’s fit with Civilian guns on characters with no skills.

I took my 3 mill SP Alpha character out to do the Skilling Spree event and had some problems destroying belt rats in a regular Frigate fit with regular guns.

I was using sub 2mil Alphas in T1 base Merlins (no meta, all home built) and I didnt have any trouble with the Belt Rats for the spree.

Im not wanting to argue with you, or have a disagreement, but it would appear we have differing experiences with this.

Ive also been going through the NPE on the shoulder of a friend I introduced last month who just finished the SoE arc and was suprised how awkward it was in a Destroyer but easier in a Frigate.

Yeah right, those are old scripted meme’s that brand new players wouldn’t even know. I highly doubt brand new players who barely even know how to operate their ship let alone fit it properly can survive a gank from a single experienced Cat pilot.

Also ganks can happen anywhere at anytime. I’m an experienced player with lot’s of SP’s and well fit ships. During my time in this game I’ve had 13 Suicide attempts done on me at various times in different locations, some of those attempts even involved multiple ships. Out of those 13 attempts, only 1 was successful which consisted of half dozen ships, Battlecruisers and Battleships, unleashing a bunch of Drones on me while I was engaged with NPC’s at an exploration site.

Obviously our experiences in-game greatly differ so basically we just agree to disagree on this topic.

1 Like

Ok, well you have a lower opinion of new players than I do, and thats fine too :slight_smile:
I was under the impression you didnt like suicide ganking either, and thats fine too.

However I still stand by the original point that Belt Rats are not a threat, and yes with a bit of experience and/or common sense neither is high sec ganking.

If you would like to discuss it further, thats cool too because I know youre not a troll.

Thats why I like you, remember :slight_smile:

And that I can certainly accept :slight_smile:

DeMichael_Crimson:

I highly doubt brand new players who barely even know how to operate their ship let alone fit it properly can survive a gank from a single experienced Cat pilot.

That’s an area that CCP could do a lot more to address, the NPE sucks in terms of actually teaching players about what to expect from the game, it also railroads people into what many consider to be the most unrewarding part of Eve; personally I like the PvE aspects of Eve, some of it can be challenging in itself but for the most part the challenge is doing it in the face of those that do PvP, and getting away with it despite their efforts.

Also ganks can happen anywhere at anytime. I’m an experienced player with lot’s of SP’s and well fit ships. During my time in this game I’ve had 13 Suicide attempts done on me at various times in different locations, some of those attempts even involved multiple ships.

This is true, ganks are like kittens; they can happen to anyone.

Personally I’ve never had anybody attempt to suicide gank me, there again I try to not fly ships or haul cargo that attract gankers, if I do see them I generally try to be heading away from them.

New players on the other hand don’t have the benefit of years of experience and knowledge behind them in the way that you and I do, unfortunately some new players dismiss it when we try to share our experience.

1 Like

All true, I just wanted to point out that a new player being able to avoid a Suicide Gank isn’t easily done like some people say it is.

2 Likes

Im just glad its entirely possible to converse pleasantly with each other here <3

1 Like

There is an easy way how to create more conflict.

Player numbers are lower every year.
EVE Universe remains the same or even expands.

There are too many sectors, too many wormholes for current player playerbase (minus players who doesn’t care about any of that and do casual stuff in highsec).

Remove portion of nullsec systems and wormhole space. Make them unable to build (new) structures there and after some (announced) time, make existing structures explode (or just swarm the system with triglavians who will do the job). Typically it would be the dead-end null-sec sectors. Not sure which wh sectors should be chosen for this as I don’t understand wh space, but the “shattered” wormhole mechanic exists so just choose some of the most lucrative to go.

Ideally, the sectors would lost gate connections or would no longer spawned any resources (this is probably not neccessary in wh, but I think it would be in null).

The idea is that with less resources, and less sectors where players can hide/scatter, it will force nullsec blocks to make moves to expand their territory and wh blocks to move into new holes. That is it.

This is a game where you can build stuff and people can come tear it down, removing the ability to build stuff is effectively turning this into a first person shooter game. Sorry but no.

That I don’t mind…

I would be in nullsec doing stuff if the intel of my actions was not freely available to others via map data. I want the blackout to be a real blackout.

2 Likes

Conflict is an important part of EVE.