Tinker-tank Bhaalgorn for Emerging Conduits

pick one.

It’s always been very easy to kill ships of players who do PVE content. that’s how eve is designed : PVE needs you to be very tanky, not pvp fit, and gankers need to be only glass canon. Your only defenses are the nimbleness and the ehp of your ship. Marauder is the opposite of nimbleness.

The usual balance is the cost of the ships (plus your time). With this event, the cost of the ships has been reduced by a lot.

1 Like

Not for the big ships.

And the Catalyst has always been cheap as chips. Just form up & off you ride.

Who risks 1.8b ISK to do a site that might only pay 20m when a small fleet ( say 30m ) can kill them?

And there-in lies the Newbro retention-rate issue, to my knowledge at least. You’d have to be mad.

Which means once I have another Kronos I’ll be at it again, don’t get me wrong, but it feels very Rich Man’s candy.

And Rich Men are running low at present.

Please stop being so much self centered. I was obviously talking about the gankers ships.

idiots ?

Or maybe you can wait for the end of the event ? And meanwhile do them in something else , more nimble, less attracting to the ganker eye ? Or go in a space where there is less people ? I did them in a 1B bhaalgorn. Not even one single red in local. Well, not even a single person in local.

If having a kronos is being rich, then sorry there is a lot of them.

You still can’t see it.

Ok, think of it this way. I ran a near T2 Kronos. Sure, I made a mistake in expecting a ship-scan first, but look at the math.

Normally a Marauder may drop shinies, even outside of this event. Your hull will definitely drop shinies.

In a 0.8 only 1 shiny is needed to drop to pay for 30m in small ships ( enough to kill ). Hell, if it’s just kill-board stuff then you’ve spent 2m ISK on a fun roam.

That is also true for your Bhaal.

So you move to a less-populated patch. And the gankers send out hunters to find people doing these sites. You’re farming away, local spikes, and… In a 0.8.

Ok, that is EVE. But…

30m to kill 1B. Or 1.8B in my case. In a 0.8.

Location doesn’t fix this ( your point ). And the event ending won’t either ( only 1 shiny needs to drop ). It’ll be even cheaper to pop in a 0.5. I roam in expensive ships as standard. I’m used to this. Which is why I risked 2b on a prototype. Roams are Roams, that’s EVE Basics. You have to put ISK in to get ISK out, but the bad-guys move.

So who does these sites?

Rich kids.

Or people with cash to spare for a flutter. Like me at present.

Which I must admit is kinda disappointing. Hence the salt.

New player retention rates are bad for a reason. They start in High Sec and… To my knowledge don’t have the money needed to pump it in like a slot machine.

Still, the math is obvious. If CCP don’t fix it then you’ll have further issues.

I’m not the only one to have commented that game balance is a wee bit out at present. Some days I win, & some days I lose, but that was way too easy to lose on.

Except that location does matter. There are plenty of target rich environments near trade hubs that gankers don’t need to travel far and wide to hunt for targets. You can speculate that they do but the reality is they don’t, at least not very much.

And the 100% drop event absolutely has an effect. Being able to guarantee that you can scoop all of your ganker ship mods plus a guaranteed drop of your target has been highly motivating for the gankers who are out in greater numbers than usual.

All of that aside, while I love my marauders IMO they seem poorly designed for emergent conduits. The best ship I’ve used so far is my Loki. It clears the sites just as fast as anything else I’ve tried. with 2 salvagers in the utility highs I’m clearing the wrecks before the next site spawns, and being cruiser sized I warp faster to the next site.

Yea it’s not cheap either, but it is agile enough to GTFO.

1 Like

The Thunder-squad chasing Incursion runners. They certainly roamed. As I said, I’m used to it.

But weak ISK for near-guaranteed shiny-drop is a problem IMHO. The Marauder worked just fine.

Or people who try to think of it, instead of ranting about their mistakes.

Not only location. A complete rework of the way you think ganking works, could. Because no, you are not used to how ganking works.

Your mistake was to be in a marauder, close to Jita, with an event that reduces the cost of ganking. Using bling fit would have been another mistake - which you did not do, but still your farming was a mistake.

You just like to not read ? THEIR loot, not your.
The cost of their kill was 27 M BECAUSE OF THE EVENT. Without the event it would be 100M.

1 shiny. 100m ISK. That’s it.

My point. And that’s assuming that they aren’t just salt-farming. 100m for a roam is hardly back-breaking when there are 15 of them.

A group specifically chasing incursion runners, where they know the location since incursions are broadcast, is not even close to the same as finding a quiet system to run conduits. I would hope you understand that distinction and aren’t just trying to make a disingenuous argument.

I assume you mean running emergents? Being able to do easy 100mil/hr+ before LP in content that doesn’t require standing to mission agents or even coordinating with friends is far from “weak” in HS.

I’m sure it ran it “fine” It’s still overall a poor option IMO for this content.

1 Like

And that’s because of the event. You are worth just twice as much, while they are worth 70% less.

If as you claim you understand how ganking works, and you can’t understand this basic math, then you deserve to lose your ships.

1 Like

I see your point. Hiding in the long grass. I have admitted that mistake, and my gamble. But…

30m to kill 1.8b. Oh dear.

I stand by my point that there are balance issues.

The math is easy. A fitted Catalyst is about 2m. It only needs 1 shiny to drop for a whole fleet to be paid for. Your ship ( linked above ) is COVERED in shinies.

The Roaming Loki does seem to be making sense.

Oversimplified, but then again this isn’t a waaah gank thread so I’ve been trying to keep it on topic. There are plenty of those threads to talk about ganks.

It’s not over-simplified. The math is the math.

Prohibitively expensive is a criticism I’ve heard a lot on comms about Trig stuff. OP sure, as they are supposed to be an advanced race, but also ‘one hell of an ISK sink’.

And Jita contracts is full to the brim with muta-junk these days. Those bonus dice-rolls to pay for stuff are certainly relevant too.

Blackout was another play that saw mass-unsubscriptions, and… New player retention.

I risked 2b to help with this subject. I will again. But… 30m to kill 1.8b is not an over-simplification.

yes it is.

YOU made choices that allowed people to make this kill.
Blaming the game, while the mistakes were YOURS, will lead you nowhere. It’s just a rant that you can’t escape kills in HS when doing bad choices.

When did the price matter ? Never. Assuming that a 1.8B ship would be harder to kill than a 300M one is another proof, that you have no idea how ganking works.

1 Like

It isn’t about the isk, Carebear. This is about 16 on 1. This is about ships fit for dps versus a tremendously overpriced PVE-only boat. This is about some guy lazily floating through space during a ganking special event. Losing a marauder and whining about it like this is way worse than the miners that go on-and-on when they lose a venture.

2 Likes

Or… You’re setting people up to fail… My ganking shows how flimsy 0.8’s are. And you’re advising bling.

It only takes 1 shiny dropping to fund that gank fleet.

This I agree with. But that’s the Market. And I doubt it’ll break before that 4% Newbro retention rate does some more harm.

Care-bear? I do bits here & there. It was the content I was interested in.

And it wasn’t lazy. Just a bad call on how they would pick their target ( I thought I’d get past the ship-scan gauntlet. Looks like they didn’t even scan ).

As I said, I risked 2b. Risked. Not guaranteed. Said that a few times now.

But 30m to kill 1.8b is certainly an issue. No-one burns their ISK that freely. Well, not apart from major credit-card warriors anyway.

And all those ventures lost were happening before this event, due to The Trigs. In 0.8’s & 0.9’s etc. And yes, people did try to raise the alert then too. Something is wrong. 4% new player retention reads like crud after all.

My salt/disappointment was how a 0.8 was so… flimsy.

Maybe dumping newbros in a majorly-dangerous part of space on Day 1 needs a rethink?

But, back to OP, the fit worked. And someone else is getting results with a Paladin.

Overpriced? Marauders are kinda weak. It’s the 1st one I’ve lost. I see your point there.

Good for you. I figured you would just cry some more.

Marauders and faction battleships are luxury goods that people should be prepared to lose. If that had been a Raven you would have been able to shrug it off.

A Raven in one of those conduits?

It would not have lasted.